China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2020, 01:11:45 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 12:21:53 PM
Reading the Irish Sunday times and it's saying govt are just finalising "state set to pay 75% of wages for virus hit jobs "

Where in the fook is this money coming from?
The same place as Italy, France, Germany and the other EU States will get the money from.
Some economist I read saying the final bill for us could reach €20 Bn.
One thing in our favour is that it is a global problem (except Norway who have so much money nothing will shake them).

Interest rates for borrowing long term are very low. It'll be paid off at leisure.

Milltown Row2

I seen they are really understanding the Virus situation in Bettytown, bunged
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:30:18 PM

Bettystown video I seen was just cars , I'd be more interested in seeing the actual people on the beach
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 03:34:42 PM

Bettystown video I seen was just cars , I'd be more interested in seeing the actual people on the beach

You think they are just sitting in the car? Why are these places open?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:40:15 PM

I agree with your sentiment but all I'm saying, how are we to know they aren't social distancing on the beech ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 03:43:51 PM

I agree with your sentiment but all I'm saying, how are we to know they aren't social distancing on the beech ?

So my daughter came in earlier said they are heading to the local dams, four friends from four different houses, kids that have come back from different colleges, now there may be a case of just families from one house at the beach, but 1 they ain't sitting in their cars unless it's raining, 2 they probably filling their cars up at local stations and going into the shops touching all round them and 3 if it's teenagers then they ain't following any hygiene procedures!

Needless to say my daughter got a stern no.  if I'm social distancing and others are not, is there any point? Forced lockdown don't leave it to the public to decide

Under Lights

No harm in going for a drive and looking at the ocean

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Under Lights on March 22, 2020, 03:51:48 PM

So if four teenagers are in a car from different families that's ok?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:54:51 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on March 22, 2020, 03:51:48 PM

So if four teenagers are in a car from different families that's ok?

It's idiotic at best.

However families who live in the same house going for a drive or a walk in an open space while maintaining their distance from others shouldn't be a problem.

Milltown Row2

Beaches are closed In Australia Italy Croatia and other counties, I'm not talking about families here, I'm talking about the dimwits that are driving around in groups and come back to their own houses.

But sure people are on the FB page of this video explaining that they thought it's only a walk, until people from other countries started actually explain their own experiences.

I've two dogs, I'm up at 8 away to walk the dogs and staying clear of anyone, you can do it but not in bulk.

Shaws bridge in Belfast apparently the same, a popular walk area bunged with people

Itchy

How do you close a beach? I went for a walk on the beach this morning. It was very obvious that social distancing is being observed by 90% of people. I saw one group of teenage looking girls not observing it  but maybe they were sisters from same household, I don't know. Maybe as day moved on the hordes arrived, some people are just very stupid and it's a shame they arent the ones that will be worst effected by their stupidity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2020, 04:49:10 PM

How do you close a beach? I went for a walk on the beach this morning. It was very obvious that social distancing is being observed by 90% of people. I saw one group of teenage looking girls not observing it  but maybe they were sisters from same household, I don't know.

Seen images of a beach, had place tape across it, signs up and police are enforcing it by arresting charging and fining people. Simple enough I'd say

OgraAnDun

I've seen plenty of videos of people (and surfers) being arrested on the beaches in Spain and other countries.

bannside

In 2015 the World Health Organisation reported that 9.1 million died in the previous twelve months of starvation. I doubt if that stat has changed much in the years since. And life goes on as normal throughout the world.

If this doesn't say in loud capital letters that there is something badly wrong with humanity, then what will.

Yes we all have a responsibility to ourselves and the communities we live in to show due diligence to try and keep at bay or beat this deadly virus, but when we do that, I wonder will the world sit up and take notice of how fucked up it really had become!

Whilst not trying to minimise the obvious upheaval and suffering that will undoubtedly unfold in the coming weeks and months, I cant help think that if this was happening in an undeveloped country far enough away, it wouldn't even be worthy of discussion in 99.9% of peoples conversations.

Just saying!

larryin89

Quote from: bannside on March 22, 2020, 05:18:35 PM
In 2015 the World Health Organisation reported that 9.1 million died in the previous twelve months of starvation. I doubt if that stat has changed much in the years since. And life goes on as normal throughout the world.

If this doesn't say in loud capital letters that there is something badly wrong with humanity, then what will.

Yes we all have a responsibility to ourselves and the communities we live in to show due diligence to try and keep at bay or beat this deadly virus, but when we do that, I wonder will the world sit up and take notice of how fucked up it really had become!

Whilst not trying to minimise the obvious upheaval and suffering that will undoubtedly unfold in the coming weeks and months, I cant help think that if this was happening in an undeveloped country far enough away, it wouldn't even be worthy of discussion in 99.9% of peoples conversations.

Just saying!

Capitalism/globalism has failed , it's time for change . What percentage of world wealth could end starvation in the world ? Someone told me yer man bill gates could actually end it alone , if true that's how evil capitalism is imo.