China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: armaghniac on March 22, 2020, 01:30:27 AM
Some interesting data in this paper, he text is largely nonsense. The data includes that the virus only does well in a temperate zone, so Vietnam, Singapore is too hot and perhaps Russia is a bit chilly for it to thrive. This theory would suggest that Italy and Spain will get relief in the summer.

There is also this chart . Being on the left of this  chart is good and top left is best (lots  of tests  and few cases)

Ireland is kind of in the middle.

Studies carried out in China showed that the climate in different cities showed a very slight effect on the spread of the virus, with hotter/more humid cities having a slightly lower rate of infection.

bennydorano

I would recommend buying the Sunday Times (UK) to read the inside story of the the last week or so inside the UK Government, it reads like a novel. The main article is '10 days that shook Britain - and changed the nation for ever'  (Tim Shipman & Caroline Wheeler), if anyone can get it online.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on March 22, 2020, 11:34:18 AM
I would recommend buying the Sunday Times (UK) to read the inside story of the the last week or so inside the UK Government, it reads like a novel. The main article is '10 days that shook Britain - and changed the nation for ever'  (Tim Shipman & Caroline Wheeler), if anyone can get it online.
Have it bought but as usual it'll be hours before I read it. Is it in the ST the reported comments from Cummings that are all over Twitter this morning?

bennydorano

Yeah, that's included but incidental tbh, just a great read.

larryin89

Reading the Irish Sunday times and it's saying govt are just finalising "state set to pay 75% of wages for virus hit jobs "

Where in the fook is this money coming from?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

93-DY-SAM

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/cummings-led-government-strategy-which-protected-economy-and-put-elderly-at-risk/22/03/

Cummings is every bit as vile as he is made out to me. This man (if you can call him that) is a glorified SPAD. How has he got anywhere near pulling the levers of power?

bennydorano

I read in maybe 2 if not 3 articles about the unsustainable nature of the UK's economic intervention long term, plenty of reference to it being unsustainable long term socially as well. Austerity again for future generations. I guess the Republic will be dancing with Troika again.

Milltown Row2

Any noticeable differences in Ireland due to Cheltenham? Was there a peak or higher number due to those that returned?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardtole

Dont think so. But anyone who contracted the virus at Cheltenham would probably be only displaying the symptoms now.

larryin89

40k waiting on a test , really think we need to baton down the hatches now , numbers could be catastrophic if we don't act soon .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 12:21:53 PM
Reading the Irish Sunday times and it's saying govt are just finalising "state set to pay 75% of wages for virus hit jobs "

Where in the fook is this money coming from?
The same place as Italy, France, Germany and the other EU States will get the money from.
Some economist I read saying the final bill for us could reach €20 Bn.
One thing in our favour is that it is a global problem (except Norway who have so much money nothing will shake them).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

It'll solve the obesity problems when they hand out the ration cards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Is food really going to be an issue during this?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on March 22, 2020, 01:38:14 PM

Will we get fresh food produce from Spain? Fruit veg and so on? Food processing Factory workers who may end up with the virus, also distribution of food.

Lady was in radio the other day saying it could go back to the times after the 2nd world war, with regards to getting the country back on its feet economic wise. It did sound doomsday stuff but she was an economist, so probably full of shit

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 01:55:34 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 22, 2020, 01:38:14 PM

Will we get fresh food produce from Spain? Fruit veg and so on? Food processing Factory workers who may end up with the virus, also distribution of food.

Lady was in radio the other day saying it could go back to the times after the 2nd world war, with regards to getting the country back on its feet economic wise. It did sound doomsday stuff but she was an economist, so probably full of shit
The vast majority of people will be ill but will get better and return to work, food production will not stop. Bullshit sensationalism needs nipped in the bud. The media will 'Grand old Duke of York' this situation and then go totally the opposite direction after a while.