Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

Your nearly convinced, well I'm convinced that the current management team under Eamon Burns is totally out of their depth and unfortunately I don't see things changing, hope to feck I'm wrong!!

pointman2

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 17, 2017, 10:04:39 PM
Quote from: bannside on February 17, 2017, 09:46:08 PM
Who?
a lot of people reckon 'the man in the hat' has too much say into team affairs.
[/qeuote]
why would the man in the hat have anything to do with the team? Why is he even inside the wire? Well intentioned perhaps but .........?

washed_up

While not being the greatest supporter of the current manager he nonetheless was an excellent player and we must be thankful he wore  both club and county jersey with distinction, and the fact that his management  experience is limited it must be said that The man with the hat' did neither

Mike Tyson

Who the f**k is this man in the hat? Does he have a name?

Smurfy123

Everybody knows the man with the hat
7-8 Down lads playing on the St Mary's panel today I see.I know the standard would not be as good as intercounty but surely some of those lads will be brought into the panel?

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 18, 2017, 10:03:41 AM
Everybody knows the man with the hat
7-8 Down lads playing on the St Mary's panel today I see.I know the standard would not be as good as intercounty but surely some of those lads will be brought into the panel?

I don't. Hence why I asked the question. Who is he?

Smurfy123

Where have you been mike?
Do you attend intercounty matches or big club games ?

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 18, 2017, 10:10:38 AM
Where have you been mike?
Do you attend intercounty matches or big club games ?

Yes, does he wear a hat to all of these county and club games?  Or just at the weekend past? If you're talking about Sean Og then just call him by his name so it clears up any confusion. I agree that he shouldn't be anywhere near the team or management on match days and from what I've seen of him during county and even club championship matches he has to be seen and noticed. No reason at all for him to be inside the wire at games.

On the St Mary's players I think Stephen McConville is the only starting one who hasn't been given a chance, could be wrong though. The subs probably wouldn't be an improvement on what's on the panel at the minute or else they would be starting.

bannside

Ah that's it solved. Sean Og is picking the team. Following this logic to its conclusion then if only he would allow Eamonn Burns to do his job properly everything would be ok.

Yes/No?

Smurfy123

What does yesterday's win for St Mary's tell us?
Paddy Tally super organised with McKernan playing the all important cover role.
Our management team are getting nothing back from the players anymore.
They have lost the faith I believe.

wobbller

Is McConville from St Mary's worth a look at or maybe he's with the U21's?

Smurfy123

He wasn't in the game at all yesterday but I do believe he is still under 21.I could be wrong.
Fair play to St Mary's what a performance.
McKernan has to now start next Saturday night against Meath.

Targetman

Mc Kernan did have a good game yesterday, he was very lucky not to get a black card in the first half, Burns needs to use him the way Tally did, or is that expecting too much

whitegoodman

You are right, he needs to be played at 6 as the spare man or nowhere.  Has played everywhere for club and county and this seems to be the only position that suits him.

I think he would thrive in the Cian O Sullivan role (not saying he is in his league).  Burns currently has Conal McGovern in this role and he is a natural wing forward and he is likely to play Mckernan at wing forward or midfield.  Just one of the many things you could scratch your head at with the current management.

rosskarr

The long tense wait for Saturday night and what will our Senior team's response be to all that has been said and written over the past few weeks.Here's hoping for a win.