Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 03, 2024, 10:49:32 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2024, 10:00:26 AM
Quote from: LC on January 02, 2024, 02:54:48 PMIt was alright in the 90s  going to J'town and to f@=k about for a few years, kicking ball, changing courses and eventually leaving with no qualifications.  Worse case you would rack up £5k - £7k or thereabouts of student loans.  Different story these days in that if you undertake the same 'journey' you come out with nothing but £20k+ debt.

Quote from: thewobbler on January 02, 2024, 05:12:39 PMIf the GAA was to close down tomorrow, there'd still be:

1. Academically challenged lads staying on for A-Levels / leaving cert, because they're 16 years old and don't know what they want to do yet in life, and staying in school is both the best and least final decision for now.

2. Academically challenged young lads going to college for a few weeks/months or even a year, because they're 18 years old and don't know yet what they want to do in life. But they do gain a life experience and a bit of perspective.

3. Both academically challenged and academically suited young lads heading to college, for no other reason than to go partying for as long as they can get away with it, before they go into a trade, or a family firm, etc.

Reading some of the comments above though, you'd swear it was Gaelic Games was the driver.

Think the days of getting to stay in a school because of football is over. And fellas going to J'stown to do some bullshit course and play some football should catch themselves on as well. Most employers put CVs with J'stown degrees on them straight into the bin.

That's just full of crap

Ok they just delete them. Sorry pedantic pat.

Milltown Row2

If an applicant meets the criteria they should be given an interview, as far as I know you can't have criteria that says degrees from this college is binned/deleted

Its been a while since I was interviewing people but can't remember that being on it..

What colleges degrees are you ok with?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 03, 2024, 12:40:01 PMIf an applicant meets the criteria they should be given an interview, as far as I know you can't have criteria that says degrees from this college is binned/deleted

Its been a while since I was interviewing people but can't remember that being on it..

What colleges degrees are you ok with?

LOL.

Truth hurts

This weekend, will any Ulster school games be streamed?

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 03, 2024, 03:29:02 PMThis weekend, will any Ulster school games be streamed?

Mageean Cup final is to be streamed tonight if that helps.

imtommygunn

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

lurganblue

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 03, 2024, 03:29:02 PMThis weekend, will any Ulster school games be streamed?

I saw the Abbey posted that their game wouldnt be streamed tonight

bennydorano

A lot of Ulster School's tweets & GAA tweets in general are polluted by bots offering '4K HD Streaming'. I've no idea what these bot tweets achieve, can anybody enlighten me ::)

SaffronSports

Quote from: bennydorano on January 05, 2024, 04:36:24 PMA lot of Ulster School's tweets & GAA tweets in general are polluted by bots offering '4K HD Streaming'. I've no idea what these bot tweets achieve, can anybody enlighten me ::)

They'll usually lead you to a fake site to put your bank details in and you'll get the stream of the match. I posted a few things about the Mageean Cup final on a Facebook page I have and the scum were all over it.

There was a replica of Ulster Schools GAA that actually tagged me in a post about the match. This thing looked bang on and it wasn't until I noticed it only had about 4 followers that I released it was the scammers. I was on the verge of sharing the thing. 

statto

Abbey 2-9 st ronans 2-8.st ronans lost goalkeeper Liam Carroll in second half and that was a big turning point abbey got goal in next play.conal mcgeough (forkhill) looks a good prospect must got 2-3 or 2-4 played an unbelievable pass in first half too to create a goal chance which hit post.dont think abbey great overall.

naka

Quote from: statto on January 05, 2024, 11:21:30 PMAbbey 2-9 st ronans 2-8.st ronans lost goalkeeper Liam Carroll in second half and that was a big turning point abbey got goal in next play.conal mcgeough (forkhill) looks a good prospect must got 2-3 or 2-4 played an unbelievable pass in first half too to create a goal chance which hit post.dont think abbey great overall.
Good result for the Abbey as team not fancied as such.

general_lee

Quote from: naka on January 06, 2024, 10:31:00 AM
Quote from: statto on January 05, 2024, 11:21:30 PMAbbey 2-9 st ronans 2-8.st ronans lost goalkeeper Liam Carroll in second half and that was a big turning point abbey got goal in next play.conal mcgeough (forkhill) looks a good prospect must got 2-3 or 2-4 played an unbelievable pass in first half too to create a goal chance which hit post.dont think abbey great overall.
Good result for the Abbey as team not fancied as such.

Disappointing for St Ronan's, thought they'd have edged that with a few to sore. Abbey play Donaghmore next, didn't realise they were MacRory. Presume they're decent?

Targetman

St.Colmans beat, surely thats a surprise?

bennydorano

Q/Fs
9-14th January

St Pats Maghera v St Mary's Magherafelt
Dungannon Academy v Carrickmacross
St Joe's Donaghmore v Abbey CBS
Omagh CBS v Blayney

4 'home' wins highly likely. AFAIK Abbey played Donaghmore in a warm up game and beat them, not that it will have any bearing on anything, but they'll not fear them.