European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Get out before Ronaldo or he'll spend the next lot of years trying to replace the irreplaceable

GJL

It probably increases the chances of Bale staying..

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2018, 12:31:54 PM
For some reason Zidane doesn't seem that well regarded as a manager, a bit like his Madrid team aren't rated amongst the best ever despite winning 4 of the last 5 European Cups. His next move will be interesting, I don't see an obvious one for him.
It seems in Spain managers are rated higher for winning league titles than cups. You need a fair bit of luck to win any cup and they had their fair share of it in the Champions league this season. Will be interesting to see where he goes next didn't he say he would never manage PSG? maybe he will replace Conte at Chelsea.

laoislad

Yeah first club I thought of that he might go to was Chelsea also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

Zidane is Marseille isnt he, so will never manage PSG.

Is Sarri not nailed on for Chelsea??

Wenger to Madrid  ;D or some people saying Poch!!

Milltown Row2

Could possibly go to Liverpool, might be that extra edge to get over the line in finals  ;)

How many years has Klopp got ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Gabriel_Hurl

laoislad

Sure Man United fans didn't want him anyway....

Boycey

Good move for all concerned plus obviously we don't have to buy him now  8)

VivaRonaldo

NAG1

United fans would have taken him back in a heartbeat, as would any other team in the PL.

But when you look at the figures it doesnt make a whole lot of sense even with his ability to generate income. With the images rights all tied up very little of that comes the way of the club.

It would have been more nostalgia than a choice for the future. Plus the chances of the two big egos working would be next to nil.

Also I dont think there has ever been any real or true sense that the player himself would have returned regardless.

Will be really interesting to see how he goes with Juve and if he can get them over the line in the CL. As well as the merry-go-round of players being lined up to replace him at RM.

trailer

I reckon he'll bag 30+ goals a season no problem and I wouldn't rule out 40+. If he stays 3 years he'll score well over 100 goals. The man is a freak and he's not done yet.
Utd should have bought him. Paid out £150m and give him £50m a year. f**k it, it's not like Utd or any other team are spending our money.

imtommygunn

Juventus could win the champions league now.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2018, 10:04:27 AM
Juventus could win the champions league now.
Emre Can could be the final piece of the jigsaw alright....

gallsman

Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2018, 10:00:16 AM
I reckon he'll bag 30+ goals a season no problem and I wouldn't rule out 40+. If he stays 3 years he'll score well over 100 goals. The man is a freak and he's not done yet.
Utd should have bought him. Paid out £150m and give him £50m a year. f**k it, it's not like Utd or any other team are spending our money.

30+ goals in Serie A  has been done twice in the last 60 years. Not a chance he scores 40+.