European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Ironic moments for Zidane and Buffon - yes/ no?

Syferus

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 11, 2018, 10:24:41 PM
Stupidity from Buffon getting himself sent off. Ronaldo probably still would have scored but it's a hell of a bigger task with the imposing Buffon in goal.

We've all played enough and seen enough sport over the years to know that the referees not going to change his mind. Don't know why players continue to protest with referees.

Buffon is only 6'2 and change, while Szczęsny is about 6'5 - in terms of imposing presences for a penalty it was a significant improvement for Juvetus.

Buffon is one of my favourite players of all-time and will go down as probably the greatest keeper of his generation.

Jell 0 Biafra

Stupidity from Buffon getting himself sent off. Ronaldo probably still would have scored but it's a hell of a bigger task with the imposing Buffon in goal.

We've all played enough and seen enough sport over the years to know that the referees not going to change his mind. Don't know why players continue to protest with referees.

I saw it happen in a serie A match a few years ago. Google referee changed his mind, you'll see there are a few cases of it happening. I'd link it myself,  but it's a pain on the phone.

Rich Ricci

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2018, 11:19:30 PM

Buffon is only 6'2 and change, while Szczęsny is about 6'5 - in terms of imposing presences for a penalty it was a significant improvement for Juvetus.

Buffon is one of my favourite players of all-time and will go down as probably the greatest keeper of his generation.

Wasn't really talking about physical stature,  it's more about the personna of Buffon. Szczeny a fine goalkeeper but I'd much rather be taking a last gasp penalty against him in the 95th min opposed to one against the legend that is Buffon.

gallsman

Buffon our Szcesny not going to matter a damn to Ronaldo. Unreal penalty.

Syferus

At least Harry Kane didn't claim it too.

Capt Pat

Well I missed the game of the year after not missing a champions league game all year. I took myself off to the cinema thinking Real Madrid would win easily.

Capt Pat

Was it a penalty? Well you can't tell because the Madrid man clearly dived. The Juventus player is entitled to go for the ball.

David McKeown

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2018, 12:43:06 AM
Was it a penalty? Well you can't tell because the Madrid man clearly dived. The Juventus player is entitled to go for the ball.

Yes you can't go through a player like that, theres a clear push just before he swings his leg round
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2018, 12:36:34 AM
Well I missed the game of the year after not missing a champions league game all year. I took myself off to the cinema thinking Real Madrid would win easily.

It would only be game of the year if Juve won.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

If that happened outside the box then it would have been a foul, so a penalty was the right choice but certainly soft, for a penalty you are always looking it to be a good one...

The one that gets me is the shirt pulling at corners, if you were shirt pulling on the pitch (outside of the box) like they do at corners would the referee blow his whistle? yeah everytime i think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Micheal Oliver has the rule book on  his side for sure but soft enough. If the defender would have got the ball which he was genuinely going for then it would have been a bad call. Oliver got it right but it was tough on Juventus after that performance. 
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Maroon Manc

Real going for their 7th European Cup since 98 but have only won 6 La Liga's in that time. Its some record, reckon last year was the only one of those 6 wins where they were actually the best team in Europe. They've made their own luck during that time but they've certainly had a lot of it too.

seafoid

Real are favs but they looked very poor yesterday. They looked like a late stage great team that lost their mojo. Roma are a nice price at 12/1.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Was said on BT sports last night its the first time that the last 4 of the CL has had one team from England,Spain,Italy and Germany. You have to go back to 1981 for the last time that happened in the European cup and back then Liverpool beat Bayern Munich in the semi final and Real Madrid in the final and i think that was Madrids last final defeat? the omens are all stacking in Liverpools favour.