European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: ashman on March 14, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on March 13, 2017, 06:08:40 PM
Agreed, Lawrenson was no agricultural centre half.

Pound for pound Lawrenson was the best footballer ever to play for ROI .
[/quote,

Got to disagree, for me it's Paul McGrath. And that from  Birmingham fan.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

SHEEDY

Quote from: ashman on March 14, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on March 13, 2017, 06:08:40 PM
Agreed, Lawrenson was no agricultural centre half.

Pound for pound Lawrenson was the best footballer ever to play for ROI .
seriously?? paul mcgrath, liam brady, roy keane for me are well ahead of lawrenson.
nil satis nisi optimum

Boycey

The Liamer for me too, pity he turned into such a poisonous pundit though..

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on March 14, 2017, 07:41:56 PM
The Liamer for me too, pity he turned into such a poisonous pundit though..

Eh? Brady's always been the white bread to encase Gilesy's cranky old man and Dunphy's pub pundit routines. Don't know where fake Pep Guarola fits into the equation. Way more entertaining that the stuff the UK stations pass off as analysis anyways.

The Stallion

Always amazes me that Duff's name never comes up in these debates. He's easily the best creative player Ireland have had over the last 20 years, and was one of the outstanding players in World Cup 2002, including the best player on the pitch against Spain.

imtommygunn

I would say he was top ten in world in 2002. Did he get on team of the tournament?

Captain Obvious

Leicester city on the verge of reaching the last eight of the champions league!

dec

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 14, 2017, 08:22:10 PM
I would say he was top ten in world in 2002. Did he get on team of the tournament?

No but he made the UEFA team of the year in 2002  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Team_of_the_Year#Team_of_the_Year_2002

Cunny Funt

J70

AZOffaly

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 14, 2017, 09:16:52 PM
Nasri is some idiot.

Vardy is some shite bag too though.  He knew what he was doing. I never bought the romantic story with him. He's a sack.

dec

March 14th 2015

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2014-2015/table/2015-03-14

20   Leicester City   28   4   7   17   24   44      2   5   6   13   17      2   2   11   11   27      -20   19

19 points from 28 games, bottom of the Premier division

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2017, 03:13:04 PM
Anyone who would put Fat Ronaldo in ahead of Real Ronaldo needs a new pair of glasses.

Without doubt the most brainless comment ever on this forum.

The real Ronaldo was the Brazilian Ronaldo and he was the greatest footballer the world has ever seen.

After his knees went at Inter, he was probably 60-70% of the player he was before that and still the best in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S84vy_Zz2O0

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 14, 2017, 10:01:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2017, 03:13:04 PM
Anyone who would put Fat Ronaldo in ahead of Real Ronaldo needs a new pair of glasses.

Without doubt the most brainless comment ever on this forum.

The real Ronaldo was the Brazilian Ronaldo and he was the greatest footballer the world has ever seen.

After his knees went at Inter, he was probably 60-70% of the player he was before that and still the best in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S84vy_Zz2O0

Steady on.  You could argue he was the best in the world at that time but there were better before him and certainly better since. He wasn't even the best Brazilian ever ffs.

The Stallion

Brazilian Ronaldo is one of the greatest players ever, and far far better than his Portuguese namesake. I have never seen a better Brazilian footballer.

Another who doesn't get the credit he deserves is Ronaldinho. He is too often dismissed as a show pony, but at his peak he was arguably the best player in the world, and some of the football he played is up there with any player ever. Another who was finished at quite a young age, but that shouldn't detract from his brilliance.