European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

They're fit these soccer boys.
Second half of extra time spent sorting out cramp while the ref plays two minutes added.

Boycey

Great set of penos, who at BT decided Owen Hargreaves would be a good co-commentator..

Captain Obvious

Poor champions league final and disappointing to see Atlético Madrid come up short.

yellowcard

Sickening result for neutrals proving that football is unfair sometimes. Real have 2 or 3 absolute shit houses though ZZ is a classy fella. Athletico seem destined not to win this trophy with so many near misses.

under the bar

Real Madrid's penalties have to be the best 5 ever taken in a major competition.  Keeper may as well not have been there for all 5.

ONeill

Quote from: under the bar on May 28, 2016, 11:27:44 PM
Real Madrid's penalties have to be the best 5 ever taken in a major competition.  Keeper may as well not have been there for all 5.

Unless he dived in their direction.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Chris Kerr would have saved 3/5
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ashman

One bunch of horrible cheats beat another bunch of horrible cheats . 

Who give a fook .

Milltown Row2

11 titles.... Best CL team and with ZZ looking after them they may also win La Liga again.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

A reminder of what a terrible sport soccer is.

laoislad

Quote from: ashman on May 29, 2016, 12:25:25 AM
One bunch of horrible cheats beat another bunch of horrible cheats . 

Who give a fook .
That's how I would feel after a Tyrone v Armagh game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Billys Boots

Dundalk one tie away from the Champions League - fair play to them. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

illdecide

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 21, 2016, 09:21:01 AM

No they have the 3rd round and then there is a knock out round which if your not seeded will almost certainly draw a team like Man City, Porto, Villarreal, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Roma etc
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pearseog

Quote from: illdecide on July 21, 2016, 09:29:26 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on July 21, 2016, 09:21:01 AM

No they have the 3rd round and then there is a knock out round which if your not seeded will almost certainly draw a team like Man City, Porto, Villarreal, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Roma etc

No separate draw in the knock out round for league winners and teams who didn't win their league. So City Porto Villareal Roma etc will draw each other. Whereas if Dundalk got that far they would face a team who actually won their league, Celtic, FC Copenhagen and teams like that.

AZOffaly

I think the situation is if they win the 3rd round tie, they are guaranteed Europa League Group football. So even if they lose the knockout round 4 tie, they will still benefit from Europa League.

It would be great for them, but from a league perspective, would it kill the league? If one team gets 10 million euro, realistically have the rest any hope of catching them?