European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 13, 2016, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2016, 10:50:12 PM
Juventus - 15 wins in a row.

Says it all about the Italian League!

Considering how they opened the season, it says a lot about Juventus too though. They're better than last year with Khedira, Cuadrado and Dybala in particular all proving excellent signings.

Clinker

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2016, 10:50:12 PM
Juventus - 15 wins in a row.

The spaghetti and minced meat men just put an end to that by holding the Shrouders to a draw.
The Napper Tandys can go back on top if they win on Monday night.

laoislad

Looks like Barca are on the way out of the Champions League. Its been a great game.
Godin is some player.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Great night for Atlético Madrid fair play to them. I hope they go on to win the champions league now.

SHEEDY

Great game. Some atmosphere. Would love to see them win it.
nil satis nisi optimum

gallsman

Atletí and Simeone are some outfit. Their player turnover is quite high each year (look at Jackson Martinez) yet they still manage to play the same way. Griezmann could light up the Euros and Filipe Luis was exceptional. Makes you wonder again why he was never given a fair shake at Chelsea.

Barca are fully in crisis.

An Watcher

As  Louis Van Gaal celebrates qualifying for the FA Cup semi final, a team that probably cost half as much is celebrating qualification for the champions league semi final.  I thought city had no chance in the semis but if they draw athletico they're in with a shout.

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Watcher on April 13, 2016, 09:57:46 PM
As  Louis Van Gaal celebrates qualifying for the FA Cup semi final, a team that probably cost half as much is celebrating qualification for the champions league semi final.  I thought city had no chance in the semis but if they draw athletico they're in with a shout.

I'd say Athletico are thinking the same! I'd fancy Athletico v Man City! I could not see City cope with their hunger.

Minder

I remember when they won La Liga two seasons ago their team cost about £50m.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

I think Manchester City have a better chance of reaching the champions league final by avoiding Athletico in Fridays draw. Bayern Munich the best draw for them against their manager to be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 13, 2016, 10:03:48 PM

I remember when they won La Liga two seasons ago their team cost about £50m.

Bit like Leicester then...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 13, 2016, 09:42:03 PM

Simeone has done a great job to get them to the final stages twice in the past couple of seasons but I hope they are well beaten the next day. I agree with Liam Brady, utterly cynical and schooled in the dark arts. See JuanFran's sly rake of studs on Neymar's instep on the touchline, Godin manhandling Roberto to the ground to stop another attack, continuous blatant fouling to break up the play over both legs. Just don't want to see that type of behaviour being rewarded.

HiMucker

Quote from: mouview on April 13, 2016, 11:31:21 PM

Simeone has done a great job to get them to the final stages twice in the past couple of seasons but I hope they are well beaten the next day. I agree with Liam Brady, utterly cynical and schooled in the dark arts. See JuanFran's sly rake of studs on Neymar's instep on the touchline, Godin manhandling Roberto to the ground to stop another attack, continuous blatant fouling to break up the play over both legs. Just don't want to see that type of behaviour being rewarded.
That's all fair enough.  That Barca team is one of the best I have seen, but I have never seen a team dive around, badger the referee and get as many "lucky" decisions from the referee.  Surprised they didn't get the penalty at the end, but Iniesta should have seen red before it for the deliberate handball.  I thought that was clear as day, don't know what Stevie Mac was on about!.  I was glad they were beat

JoG2

Quote from: HiMucker on April 14, 2016, 09:23:03 AM
Quote from: mouview on April 13, 2016, 11:31:21 PM

That's all fair enough.  That Barca team is one of the best I have seen, but I have never seen a team dive around, badger the referee and get as many "lucky" decisions from the referee.  Surprised they didn't get the penalty at the end, but Iniesta should have seen red before it for the deliberate handball.  I thought that was clear as day, don't know what Stevie Mac was on about!.  I was glad they were beat

that wee tube who plays full back for Barca, shaved head, from Brazil I think, sweet jesus he would anger you with his diving

seafoid

Karim Benzema is not in the French squad for the Euros. Big call by Deschamps
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU