China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

BJ is reviewing the the vaccine passport having dismissed it before, backtracking it seems.

I've people coming into work with lanyards on with the "vaccined" card

Hopefully this will increase the likelihood of going on holidays, entering bars and restaurants
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2021, 06:40:35 PM
BJ is reviewing the the vaccine passport having dismissed it before, backtracking it seems.

Hopefully this will increase the likelihood of going on holidays, entering bars and restaurants

Totally agree, it'd be great to know when you're on a flight that everyone is vaccinated. It'd also be great there was a high uptake of the vaccine in countries you're going to. I see some companies are requiring their employees to get the vaccine and that's something I'm glad to see. People should be free to not take the vaccine but they shouldn't be free to put other people at risk. If I'm in a crowded bar or restaurant I'd like to think everyone in there has had the vaccine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on February 23, 2021, 06:48:36 PM

Totally agree, it'd be great to know when you're on a flight that everyone is vaccinated. It'd also be great there was a high uptake of the vaccine in countries you're going to. I see some companies are requiring their employees to get the vaccine and that's something I'm glad to see. People should be free to not take the vaccine but they shouldn't be free to put other people at risk. If I'm in a crowded bar or restaurant I'd like to think everyone in there has had the vaccine.

All but one of our staff in the north have taken it, the roll out in the south making more difficult for our staff to get it, that's due to their roll out plan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2021, 07:00:25 PM

All but one of our staff in the north have taken it, the roll out in the south making more difficult for our staff to get it, that's due to their roll out plan

After all adults have been offered it, north and south then we can start to use the vaccine passport to access travel, pubs, restaurants, big sports events etc. Israel are already doing it, other countries will inevitably follow suit. It's the only way to safely open up fully.

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2021, 04:48:57 PM
Confirmation that Level 5 restrictions to remain in place until April 5th.

Interesting to se what the North do.

How will it work with the majority of the North vaccinated and small minority in South vaccinated.

Shut the border?  :o

Free vaccine if you spend £250 in Buttercrane, have 3 nights in the Titanic Hotel or buy a used car from Donnelly Motors.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Surely banning smokers from the pub was looked upon as stopping people's rights?

It won't come to this I don't think but there are lots of things we've settled for over the years, drug tests in work being one of them. 

sid waddell

Quote from: clarshack on February 23, 2021, 10:05:36 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 23, 2021, 07:30:52 PM

After all adults have been offered it, north and south then we can start to use the vaccine passport to access travel, pubs, restaurants, big sports events etc. Israel are already doing it, other countries will inevitably follow suit. It's the only way to safely open up fully.

Surely a vaccine passport goes against people's human rights?

Same people here in favour of them would probably have no problem with kids being masked up all day in school either.
Surely passports go against human rights then?

Surely seat belts do?

Surely income tax does

If your to follow the logic that says a vaccine passport does

What about Ebola? Should somebody with Ebola be allowed on a plane?

Why would anybody have a problem with kids being masked up all day in school, it's a f**king mask, not handcuffs

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on February 23, 2021, 06:35:42 PM
Most of the major airlines are testing the vaccine passport app. This looks very likely for short and longterm flights. The 70% will be well surpassed.

As other have mentioned on here, you need to be vaccinated to visit certain countries as is. I wouldn't go down the line of forcing anyone right enough atm. This could change if uptake is low.

I was actually surprised at the 70% uptake on care home employees. Just shows the power of social media. Health Centres are upwards of 99%.

Good man Fear, glad to hear it! Get the jag done and keep Derry safe. Just remember how good the stout is in Paedars!

A pint of plain is your only man, looking forward to it

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: clarshack on February 23, 2021, 10:05:36 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 23, 2021, 07:30:52 PM

Surely a vaccine passport goes against people's human rights?

Same people here in favour of them would probably have no problem with kids being masked up all day in school either.

In the same way an actual passport does, yes.

Smurfy123

I don't think we can talk about people's human rights anymore

It's simple if other country's insist that we produce a vaccine on arriving into their country then anyone who wants to travel must have it

I think that is the route most places will go

Do you think Boris and co won't demand a vaccine passport from other arriving? Course he will

That's why I think they are waiting to announce foreign travel on April 12th. Sorting out the vaccine passports. Any country that do not get involved will kiss goodbye to their tourism economy in the short term.
All European countries need tourism and really this is the golden ticket

ha ha derry

Does the vaccine stop you from carrying the virus ? Does the vaccine stop you from getting the virus ? If the answer to both the questions is yes then you don't have to worry about vaccine passports for your safety (as long as you have been vaccinated ).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ha ha derry on February 24, 2021, 08:34:53 AM

Does the vaccine stop you from carrying the virus ? Does the vaccine stop you from getting the virus ? If the answer to both the questions is yes then you don't have to worry about vaccine passports for your safety (as long as you have been vaccinated ).

I think it stops you from being hospitalized. the strain is less and you won't be as unwell, should someone not have it why would a country that has lost a years of visitors risk bringing in another lockdown just to accommodate people who refuse to get it?

Again its up to the individual, should they not take it that is up to them, if it shows that they are a risk to others then public health maybe comes first?

Its a wait and see, once the reports come from the 'live' trials there will be more information on that

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2021, 09:16:54 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2021, 04:48:57 PM
Confirmation that Level 5 restrictions to remain in place until April 5th.

Interesting to se what the North do.

How will it work with the majority of the North vaccinated and small minority in South vaccinated.

Shut the border?  :o

Free vaccine if you spend £250 in Buttercrane, have 3 nights in the Titanic Hotel or buy a used car from Donnelly Motors.

I've been hit in those Yankee Candle stores too.

ciaraa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2021, 08:42:46 AM

I think it stops you from being hospitalized. the strain is less and you won't be as unwell

I have a beachside property for sale in Fintona you might be interested in..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ciaraa on February 24, 2021, 11:34:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 24, 2021, 08:42:46 AM

I think it stops you from being hospitalized. the strain is less and you won't be as unwell

I have a beachside property for sale in Fintona you might be interested in..

Must be some size of property for it to hit the beach