The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 10, 2020, 05:55:01 PM
If he went full kit like Terry then that would be the icing on the cake. The outrage would be delicious
Like there would probably be no need for him to be wearing shin pads or boots or anything 😆 but to throw on a jersey and a pair of shorts to lift the the trophy as the captain of your club is hardly a big deal. The league is played over an entire season.
Terry went full kit for a one off game,a final that he played no part in.
Henderson has played the whole season but will be missing for the game the trophy is presented at, its not even the game where they will have won it, as that was done weeks ago.
I'd say one thing if he had been injured all season and rocked up in a full kit to lift the trophy but this would he nothing like the time Terry did it. Actually didn't Terry do it twice?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2020, 06:24:38 PM
If he went full kit like Terry then that would be the icing on the cake. The outrage would be delicious
Like there would probably be no need for him to be wearing shin pads or anything 😆 but to throw on a jersey and a pair of shorts to lift the the trophy as the captain of your club is hardly a big deal. The league is played over an entire season.

Henderson has played the whole season but will be missing for the game the trophy is presented at, its not even the game where they will have won it, as that was done weeks ago.
I'd say one thing if he had been injured all season and rocked up in a full kit to lift the trophy but this would he nothing like the time Terry did it. Actually didn't Terry do it twice?

The CL is played over a whole season too. Terry played all of that CL season, so he did play his part. Just not in the final. Henderson played his part over the league too. Just not in the game with the presentation. But he'll still look a tool if he kits up. As Terry did.

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on July 10, 2020, 06:33:45 PM
Like there would probably be no need for him to be wearing shin pads or anything 😆 but to throw on a jersey and a pair of shorts to lift the the trophy as the captain of your club is hardly a big deal. The league is played over an entire season.

The CL is played over a whole season too. Terry played all of that CL season, so he did play his part. Just not in the final. Henderson played his part over the league too. Just not in the game with the presentation. But he'll still look a tool if he kits up. As Terry did.
Henderson played his part in winning the title, Terry played his part in getting Chelsea to the final but not winning it.
Its not even remotely the same thing.
If Henderson didnt play in last seasons Champions League Final and did it I'd agree it would look as bad as Terry.But an end of season celebration when the title was won weeks ago isn't anything like the time Terry did it.
To be honest he can wear one of those dinosaur costumes for all I really care, it won't take away from that beautiful moment of Liverpool being crowned champions officially 🏆🥇

GiveItToTheShooters

Like there would probably be no need for him to be wearing shin pads or boots or anything 😆 but to throw on a jersey and a pair of shorts to lift the the trophy as the captain of your club is hardly a big deal. The league is played over an entire season.
Yea i fully agree

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2020, 06:41:46 PM

Henderson played his part in winning the title, Terry played his part in getting Chelsea to the final but not winning it.
If Henderson didnt play in last seasons Champions League Final and did it I'd agree it would look as bad as Terry.But an end of season celebration when the title was won weeks ago isn't anything like the time Terry did it.
To be honest he can wear one of those dinosaur costumes for all I really care, it won't take away from that beautiful moment of Liverpool being crowned champions officially 🏆🥇

By that logic, if Henderson missed the game that Liverpool won that effectively clinched the PL title, it would look daft if he lifted the trophy. He was there all the way through but missed the game that won the title. That's the same as Terry.

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on July 10, 2020, 09:04:22 PM

By that logic, if Henderson missed the game that Liverpool won that effectively clinched the PL title, it would look daft if he lifted the trophy. He was there all the way through but missed the game that won the title. That's the same as Terry.
No it isn't.

Norf Tyrone

I can never understand why people get annoyed about these things. A guy gives everything for years to achieve something. Achieves it. He should do as he likes.

Rooney and a few other United lafs done the same and it never got mentioned strangely.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Capt Pat

He can wear his wifes wedding dress for all I care. It won't make a difference. the league is won and that is all that counts.

Boycey

Has there ever been a more pointless debate on here..... I'm pretty sure United, certainly in presentations that were a few weeks in the planning, had everyone out on the field togged out and joining in the festivities...

A Cup Final is a whole other thing, back in the day when United won Champ League in 99 it took 20 mins mins of cajoling from Utd fans to get Keane and Scholes to even step forward with the cup such was their desire to stay in the background

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2020, 10:13:59 PM

No it isn't.

Jesus you Liverpool fans are deluded  ;D

GJL

Lol. "Michael Jackson eating popcorn."

Should be tog out or not.  😂😂

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on July 10, 2020, 11:26:40 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 10, 2020, 10:13:59 PM

No it isn't.

Jesus you Liverpool fans are deluded  ;D
Maybe. You're still wrong though  :)