Louth Club Football and Hurling

Started by pedro, August 12, 2007, 11:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Blues played Joes under lights tonight in Termonfeckin - Blues 5-16, Joes 3-5 (what a scorline!!)

I make it that this now puts Blues on top, joint with Cooley on points but with a better scoring difference
It also leaves the Joes bottom with Glyde, but after losing by 17 points they now have a worse scoring difference.
Do any of you know if scoring difference in anyway come into play?? I don't think so myself

Given that the Joes last game is against Cooley their next game against the Marys in Ardee is pretty much a must win!!
Next question, what is the reason for the Marys looking to move the game on Saturday??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

It is down to be played this Saturday and its the Marys that I was told were looking to move the fixture, but I wasn't told why
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Joes were advised that the fixture was this saturday, as does the website (which I have to say is dramatically improved in recent times)
http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t3.php?userid=20&report=1&reporttype=fixtures&sportid=1&club_id=&clubid=&nextweek=1&countyid=20&contentcountyid=20&contentsportid=1

The intermediate final is a fair point, sure it could always just be played in Dromiskin instead  ;)

Are you going to the final on Sunday? Won't make it myself, but I think Kelly & Co will do it, the Gaels arrogance could yet again be their undoing

Louth Exile

Where would the game be if it goes ahead next wednesday??

I see Mc Entegart is the ref: he is fond of the mid week games!

Louth Exile

Isn't amazing, clubs like Blues, Marys, Joes - none of us have lights! and both Marys and Joes have pumped very significant monies into our grounds in the last few years. I believe ours will be in at some stage next year.

Was very impressed with the Fechins set up last night, they must have got some bucks for the old pitch.

Louth Exile

The Gers is a good job alright, the new pitch is probably better to play on than the main one. We had a junior game their earlier in the year and the main pitch was in bad shape

Louth Exile

Ah, missed that part of your post, it was one of the first games in the season and most definitely not a new sod! They needed it

We have a crum rubber pitch, its a hell of a job in terms of keeping the pitch right during the winter. I remember one weekend a full set of fixtures were down to be played in both Louth and Meath. There was only two games went ahead between the two counties and our game in Dromiskin was one of them.

Louth Exile

:D :D (I shouldn't laugh, it wasn't funny at the time)

Louth Exile

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0528/louth.html

One of my best mates brother got very badly burnt in the blaze, it has been a bit of a disaster area

pedro

Any word on results over the weekend lads?? Our league game against the Mals was called off because we would have had no team due to the Junior final today (which we lost)
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Louth Exile

I share the office with a magheracloone man they would have nothing but good to say about him. He was over them when they won their only Monaghan SFC (other recent managers are Dudley Farrell & DJ Kane).
Apparently a very good man manger.

The marys lads who were away, back from their weekend trip ML??

Louth Exile

If it was only a few were missing we'd be happy  :-[

Louth Exile

He hasn't played since the O'Mahonys game.

I take it you are heading yourself?

Louth Exile

They pulled it out alright. The only game Melia played all year and he was my MOM, how can he still do that at 45! Talking to the brother afterwards and he told me they didn't even know he was going to play. Don't think he will be lining out against Cooley. Getting Skid back was another massive influence on the team, he's been out since he had to come off with a hamstring injury in the relegation playoff.

It was as physical as I have seen the Joes play in a long time. How is Kennan, looked bad coming off, looked like a possible broken jaw. Hope it isn't.

Hopefully Kilkerley can do us both a favour on Thursday night.

Where were you watching the game from yourself? I thought the pitch was in great shape. First time I was at a floodlight game in the Clans, thought they weren't up to it.

Louth Exile

Glad to hear that about Kennan, always thought he was a good player and was a big lose to you. Wouldn't have liked to have thought one of our lads did serious damage.

I was completely wrong about Kilkerley/Glyde, I thought this was an unplayed game. Better news, its their final game on Saturday, the same time as all the other final round games.

Wasn't far away from where you were, was in front of the Joes dugout.

He reffed the final last year and our game against the blues last week. I thought he did us no favours last week (although we were well bet) I thought if he gave any team a rub of the green tonight it was us. Both Drummer and Quigers came close to getting gate. Although by all reports from that end of the field that disputed point from ye at the end was a blatant wide, of course that is the umpires fault. Having said that we had one that end in the first half that all of us on the line thought was wide and he gave it. There was no complaining at the time including from yourselves though.

Penny has finally dropped in terms of the inside man  ::)  Will you have the lads back for the weekend??
(On a side note we are missing Sully for the last three games as he is away in the states)

The brother is regular wing back, he was wondering who no. 10 & 12 were??