GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 06, 2020, 02:33:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 12:42:51 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 06, 2020, 12:35:06 PM
He's right. The GAA were bullish about wanting to increase crowds to 500,now back to no grounds. Affecting other sports too as the problem was mainly coming from the GAA.

The North with 400 was ridiculous too. Then they were all on the field after the Tyrone final. Obviously emotions running highly after a long wait but wasn't a great look if trying to limit the chances of spreading

Do you honestly believe the main reason for the spikes would have been those games that were featured? This is when the media suck people in with headlines and then the dicks on the hill have some fuel to give off to the other side..

We have a rise in cases for a lot of reasons, supporters running on to a pitch is certainly one of them, celebrating in pubs afterwards is another..

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
People becoming complacent
Poor working facilities
Tourists
Opening schools and colleges

I'm sure there are others that have been left out, but to be allowed to believe that the GAA has been mainly the problem is wrong

I'm talking about a Sporting context. Obviously there is other areas. Northern Ireland is a basket case with the virus and high numbers against today. But in a Sports context, it could have been controlled better, having twice the Number into grounds compared to Republic was pointless.

Meeting up in pubs was another issue,. They either should have kept the pubs closed or the the individuals behave more responsible and select a limited format indoors for watching.

I'd have happily banned supporters full stop, thats the only thing the GAA could be faulted with.. but hey when you've soccer style glipes on here waiting at every opportunity to bash the GAA then you can't win.. Nothing would have worked
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 04:58:46 PM
He's right. The GAA were bullish about wanting to increase crowds to 500,now back to no grounds. Affecting other sports too as the problem was mainly coming from the GAA.

The North with 400 was ridiculous too. Then they were all on the field after the Tyrone final. Obviously emotions running highly after a long wait but wasn't a great look if trying to limit the chances of spreading

Do you honestly believe the main reason for the spikes would have been those games that were featured? This is when the media suck people in with headlines and then the dicks on the hill have some fuel to give off to the other side..

We have a rise in cases for a lot of reasons, supporters running on to a pitch is certainly one of them, celebrating in pubs afterwards is another..

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

I'm sure there are others that have been left out, but to be allowed to believe that the GAA has been mainly the problem is wrong

I'm talking about a Sporting context. Obviously there is other areas. Northern Ireland is a basket case with the virus and high numbers against today. But in a Sports context, it could have been controlled better, having twice the Number into grounds compared to Republic was pointless.

Meeting up in pubs was another issue,. They either should have kept the pubs closed or the the individuals behave more responsible and select a limited format indoors for watching.

I'd have happily banned supporters full stop, thats the only thing the GAA could be faulted with.. but hey when you've soccer style glipes on here waiting at every opportunity to bash the GAA then you can't win.. Nothing would have worked

You would do well to ignore him MR.
Same with another individual polluting threads.

Otherwise there can be nothing sensibly debated

Main Street

it was tranquil after the Monaghan senior final, though  anything resembling suspense was absent as Scotstown strolled it. The 150 or so victorious Scotstown supporters ambled relaxedly across the pitch to loosly congregate  at the foot of the  Gerry Arthur stand where the presentation and speeches were made.

GAA stewarding was questionable in grounds  but it's of little value comparing the compliant attendance at a dull run of the mill senior league soccer game, where loud snores are audible, to an all out action packed, life or death GAA county final, going to the wire.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Taylor on October 06, 2020, 05:30:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 04:58:46 PM

House parties
Organised raves
Weddings
Funerals
Communion's
Wet pubs
Poor working facilities
Tourists

You would do well to ignore him MR.
Same with another individual polluting threads.

Otherwise there can be nothing sensibly debated

And what do you add again? You're from Tyrone no surprise. 90 % here are.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Comhairle Uladh have now come out and said that there are clear links between the finals and covid spread.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 06, 2020, 08:51:47 PM
Comhairle Uladh have now come out and said that there are clear links between the finals and covid spread.

Of course there is,  and no one doubted that, there is also clear links to the spread based on house parties, weddings, Funerals, wet pubs, complacency and a host of other things.

What the Ulster council should have done at the first instance of breaking rules was stopped the support going to the games!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

They didn't say at the games though. I would say celebrations after the fact would be more of a cause than being outdoors at the games.

Any outbreaks I hear of , granted only three or four, were from bars after the games.

(Still distancing should have been managed way better mind you.)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 06, 2020, 09:50:13 PM
They didn't say at the games though. I would say celebrations after the fact would be more of a cause than being outdoors at the games.

Any outbreaks I hear of , granted only three or four, were from bars after the games.

I still think a hardline at the first known breaking of social distancing would have sent a clear message, It wasn't and now we are dealing with the consequences. I still believe it's very much media driven and political, the GAA has fallen into that trap.

The main responsibilities were with the supporters who broke the rules that were laid out by the county boards.

As for the bars again that's down to the owner of the pub for allowing or not managing his pub, not the GAA fault, if it was on club premises then said clubs should be fined!

imtommygunn

Yeah Nolan seems to be on the attack for the Gaa. I think there are people behind that too. I would tend to click into east Belfast's twitter and the replies to comments on it and reading it, were you to believe it, you would nearly think the Gaa and the ira were one and the same. The sad thing is I think some of them genuinely believe it. It seems to have ramped up of late too.

Yeah the Gaa are far from faultless here but there must be a load of bars not adhering to anything too. That really should not be happening.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 06, 2020, 10:02:33 PM
Yeah Nolan seems to be on the attack for the Gaa. I think there are people behind that too. I would tend to click into east Belfast's twitter and the replies to comments on it and reading it, were you to believe it, you would nearly think the Gaa and the ira were one and the same. The sad thing is I think some of them genuinely believe it. It seems to have ramped up of late too.

Yeah the Gaa are far from faultless here but there must be a load of bars not adhering to anything too. That really should not be happening.

The bars acting the maggot rarely allow themselves to be broadcast on TV.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Phones etc you'd have thought they'd have been caught out though.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2020, 09:46:22 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 06, 2020, 08:51:47 PM

Of course there is,  and no one doubted that, there is also clear links to the spread based on house parties, weddings, Funerals, wet pubs, complacency and a host of other things.

What the Ulster council should have done at the first instance of breaking rules was stopped the support going to the games!

Agreed

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 06, 2020, 09:50:13 PM

They actually did say at the games to be fair.

imtommygunn

Redhand Santa

They said it was linked to teams in county finals and community celebrations. I'd say it was the indoor activities post games that caused the spread as opposed to outdoor celebrations. Either way the gaa had to do something as the finals were having a knock on effect due to the post game activities.