Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

wtf has any of that got to do with what i said  ???  ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on January 31, 2019, 02:33:12 PM

Quote from: Megaman on January 31, 2019, 02:33:12 PM

Sorry, I was still ranting on with Hand up!

But in relation to meaningfull games, all clubs should take seriously all their games in the league as it should reflect come championship if there is seedings (which I thought there was at a time lately)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

the teams should also not be allowed to cancel games when they are missing county players. its something ive always disagreed with that teams wont play minus their county lads.

are we going to have to endure this again this season with a long break of no games?
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 31, 2019, 03:11:18 PM
the teams should also not be allowed to cancel games when they are missing county players. its something ive always disagreed with that teams wont play minus their county lads.

are we going to have to endure this again this season with a long break of no games?
So if a team have 5/6 players at the county they should still have to field and potentially not qualify for the top 5? How many matches are acceptable to play without county players?

I have to disagree. They are club players, they don't belong to the county.

ciaran1988

Antrim team named for Meath game

1. Ryan Elliott
2. Stephen Rooney
3. John Dillon
4. Phelim Duffin
5. Ronan Molloy
6. Matthew Donnelly
7. Conor McHugh
8. Sean Duffin
9. Conor Boyd
10. Nigel Elliott
11. Conor McCann
12. James McNaughton
13. Eoin O'Neill
14. Keelan Molloy
15. Ciaran Clarke

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 31, 2019, 09:35:16 PM

So if a team have 5/6 players at the county they should still have to field and potentially not qualify for the top 5? How many matches are acceptable to play without county players?

affects my own club. we have 7 on the panel and id be more than happy to play games without them. thats what your reserves and panel is for is it not? or is the fear of trying to give others the chance to great for some teams?

and what is qualifying for the top 5 going to do for anyone? other than miss a potential gate
hurl like f**k boi!

podge

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 01, 2019, 09:00:53 AM

affects my own club. we have 7 on the panel and id be more than happy to play games without them. thats what your reserves and panel is for is it not? or is the fear of trying to give others the chance to great for some teams?

and what is qualifying for the top 5 going to do for anyone? other than miss a potential gate

That's all well and good for a big parish and big club like Dunloy-there are plenty of players  on the panel from Div 2 & 3 clubs that struggle to get a team together on occasions and they might get relegated or miss a promotion if their best players are missing for particular matches. I also think the quality of the club matches is naturally diluted of the top players are not playing. Players will only improve by competing against the best.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on February 02, 2019, 11:06:25 AM

That's all well and good for a big parish and big club like Dunloy-there are plenty of players  on the panel from Div 2 & 3 clubs that struggle to get a team together on occasions and they might get relegated or miss a promotion if their best players are missing for particular matches. I also think the quality of the club matches is naturally diluted of the top players are not playing. Players will only improve by competing against the best.

So what do the div 1 counties do in relation to leagues? If they play the starred games (Like we did in the past) does it harm their county team or improve it?

And does a successful senior county team then improve standards within the county ? We are too fixed on our clubs (myself included) too parochial, we don't play as a team as most players have a slight dislike for each other not healthy!

I don't know what the answer is overall but whatever we've done after Dinny first took charge has not really been something to shout about

We should be beating Meath and Kerry and the rest in this league but we'll struggle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

podge

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2019, 01:32:23 PM
Quote from: podge on February 02, 2019, 11:06:25 AM

So what do the div 1 counties do in relation to leagues? If they play the starred games (Like we did in the past) does it harm their county team or improve it?

And does a successful senior county team then improve standards within the county ? We are too fixed on our clubs (myself included) too parochial, we don't play as a team as most players have a slight dislike for each other not healthy!

I don't know what the answer is overall but whatever we've done after Dinny first took charge has not really been something to shout about

We should be beating Meath and Kerry and the rest in this league but we'll struggle

I don't know what they do but I am not it's comparable in any case.  I expect the number of clubs and the playing population in Most top counties is significantly greater than it is in Antrim and the quality may not suffer just as much as it might here.

MoChara

Is there any radio coverage today?

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 03, 2019, 06:38:33 PM
Phew

Last minute winner. Would take that everyday! They'll be buoyed with that result..

Well done to all involved

imtommygunn

Yeah it's a young squad so hopefully will help them on too. Interesting to see Kerry push Westmeath so close.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 03, 2019, 07:27:49 PM
Yeah it's a young squad so hopefully will help them on too. Interesting to see Kerry push Westmeath so close.

Was impressed by them last week

ciaran1988

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2019, 08:11:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 03, 2019, 07:27:49 PM

Was impressed by them last week

Going by the reports Kerry were very unlucky against Westmeath, were winning by 6 at a stage and 3 of the Westmeath goals were meant to be gifted them. For ourselves it was great to get the win and will only push the young lads on even more. We are down a lot of players and it's great to see young lads coming in and making an impression. By the start of the Joe McDonagh campaign we could have an exciting panel raring to go.