Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Sunday wasn't our day. Minors very unlucky, great wee team.

Seniors played into Cushendalls hands. They were better team on the day. Good luck to them in Ulster.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

north antrim gael

'Sunday wasn't our day. Minors very unlucky, great wee team'

They are a great team surely and I thought start of the year we would win hurling in a canter with football being the tougher one to capture. Proved the opposite and over 120 minutes only 1 point was the difference between the 2 and that says it all. I was delighted we got over the line as it really could have went either way

johnnycool

Quote from: Walt Jabsco on October 29, 2018, 04:52:17 PM
JC did Ballygalget not play SN or KL one year in Corrigan not sure if it was a final or semi? I mind seeing highlights of the game on BBC Newsline.

Credit is due to St John's for the arrangements for yesterdays games, I didn't see much wrong with anything and the weather played its part, on a poor wet day it may be different

Played KL in Corrigan a good few years ago, 10 plus.

Also played Loughgiel in Glen Maghera three years ago IIRC.

I'd be surprised if the UC set Corrigan as the venue albeit its equidistant but as Jesus points out awful to watch a game through wire fencing or on a grass bank in the pissing rain in the depths of winter.

Toss for it, Dall or at the Crans.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on October 30, 2018, 12:31:15 PM
JC did Ballygalget not play SN or KL one year in Corrigan not sure if it was a final or semi? I mind seeing highlights of the game on BBC Newsline.

Credit is due to St John's for the arrangements for yesterdays games, I didn't see much wrong with anything and the weather played its part, on a poor wet day it may be different

I'd be surprised if the UC set Corrigan as the venue albeit its equidistant but as Jesus points out awful to watch a game through wire fencing or on a grass bank in the pissing rain in the depths of winter.

Was the result a shock Johnny or did you think they had a chance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2018, 01:32:01 PM

Ballycran are small and quick and the handful of big ones they have are slow as a wet week and TBH I'd a conversation on the Saturday night with senior member in Ballycran club and he came to the same conclusions as me when Clarke was down to referee it in that he's inclined to let a lot of spare arm "tackles" go and wouldn't have suited them especially in Corrigan.
I thought they'd a chance if they could keep the game open and use the width of the pitch and not allow SN to bulldoze them in the tackle but there's very few would have saw the margin of their victory coming.

The early goals where the SN keeper looked all at sea certainly would have helped them.
Gazza has a young fella just out of minor in midfield and he's a fantastic prospect. Unlike his Da, he's real pace about him. Great reader of the game for one so young.

It will be another uphill task for them in the final but I see one of their own reckons the Dall have a "soft underbelly" on Hoganstand but that's probably a hormone ridden teenager rambling from his sticky bed covers.

marty34

Great result for Ballycran and it was, in fairness, coming. SN were lucky to beat KL's in Derry semi-final - very lucky as a matter of fact. They were comfortable v Banagher in final but looked very leggy and lacking energy.  The break will do them no harm.

Should be an interesting final. C'dall may have the experience to edge it. They hung in against St. John's the first day so they have that tenacity but so have Ballycran re: finish in Down final.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i had a feeling that Lgiel might have won on sunday due tho how they beat us and the fight and desire they showed. That didnt materialise on sunday and Cdall just had that bit more to get them the win.

Fully deserved to win it from start to finish. Wasnt a great game to watch but if who win who cares what it looks like.

hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Armagh is the best place for the game, it's a great stadium and great for watching a game. Owenbeg is brilliant but the wind can be a big issue. And for god sake Ulster Council make it a double header with Cushendun on before us.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 30, 2018, 05:53:24 PM
Armagh is the best place for the game, it's a great stadium and great for watching a game. Owenbeg is brilliant but the wind can be a big issue. And for god sake Ulster Council make it a double header with Cushendun on before us.

Our game will be in Newry I'd imagine, though that would suit Keady, Cushendun play castleblaney so Armagh perfect for both teams and obviously fits well with the seniors
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

Our game will be in Newry I'd imagine, though that would suit Keady, Cushendun play castleblaney so Armagh perfect for both teams and obviously fits well with the seniors
Why would Newry suit Keady?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 30, 2018, 08:54:06 PM

Closer?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2018, 08:58:30 PM

Closer?
Not a massive amount in it time-wise as shit roads from Keady to anywhere. Keady will be no pushover for your lads.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 30, 2018, 09:27:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2018, 08:58:30 PM

Closer?
Not a massive amount in it time-wise as shit roads from Keady to anywhere. Keady will be no pushover for your lads.

My point was the match could go to Owenbeg, but its closer for them than us.

Swatragh were odds on favourites against in the semi, and we had to go to extra time, we were getting beat by Creggan a div 3 team until the last minute.. we are not the team from 9 years ago and I've never seen us beat Keady before and I've played against them a lot!

Keady are strong favourites for this, betting man will look to Keady.. We've a decent 15 but have watched Keady and they are strong and their 11 is the go to man.

cfclg

Quote from: johnnycool on October 30, 2018, 02:53:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2018, 01:32:01 PM

Ballycran are small and quick and the handful of big ones they have are slow as a wet week and TBH I'd a conversation on the Saturday night with senior member in Ballycran club and he came to the same conclusions as me when Clarke was down to referee it in that he's inclined to let a lot of spare arm "tackles" go and wouldn't have suited them especially in Corrigan.
I thought they'd a chance if they could keep the game open and use the width of the pitch and not allow SN to bulldoze them in the tackle but there's very few would have saw the margin of their victory coming.

The early goals where the SN keeper looked all at sea certainly would have helped them.
Gazza has a young fella just out of minor in midfield and he's a fantastic prospect. Unlike his Da, he's real pace about him. Great reader of the game for one so young.

It will be another uphill task for them in the final but I see one of their own reckons the Dall have a "soft underbelly" on Hoganstand but that's probably a hormone ridden teenager rambling from his sticky bed covers.

Very good JC!   ;D

Cushendall a 'soft underbelly'. I don't think so.

paddyjohn

Double header in Armagh on the 11th. C'Dun & C'Dall