Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

I've a massive respect for the man. He travels to games all over the country and within our county. He covers everything and shares it all to help the promotion of our clubs.

He does a great job and I hope that he's still doing this job for the foreseeable future
hurl like f**k boi!

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Not Sure about Sean Murray and his PRO skills. Oh wait he isn't the PRO  :-X

Sean Kelly does a fantastic job he covers matches day and daily and his social media output is as good as any PRO

paddyjohn

Sean Kelly has been held back by the county and I know this for a fact. There is plenty of other things he'd like to do but has been hampered by the powers that be.

Sweeper 123

Division 2 all over - see Oisins & Paddies finish on same points but Oisins better score difference; I am assuming Oisins stay up but dont know;

But we have a team that played in Senior championship and are probably relegated to Div 3 - thats not good for them nor the competition;

Minder

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on October 22, 2018, 12:11:10 PM
Division 2 all over - see Oisins & Paddies finish on same points but Oisins better score difference; I am assuming Oisins stay up but dont know;

But we have a team that played in Senior championship and are probably relegated to Div 3 - thats not good for them nor the competition;

Sarsfields relegated on head to head
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

this day next week they'll be two small parishes with sore heads for two very different reasons  :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

Colm Cunning refereeing the senior game.

Sweeper 123

seems like a good appointment - im sure both teams happy with Colm

Sleeping giant

skinny is a good appointment,   anymore news on possible county manager? i see MMS has taken his hat from the ring. Woody reckons we're 6 players short  :o

johnnycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 24, 2018, 02:43:48 PM
skinny is a good appointment,   anymore news on possible county manager? i see MMS has taken his hat from the ring. Woody reckons we're 6 players short  :o

Already sorted I heard on Sunday..

Whiterock/Dunloy dream team ready to be ratified with them concentrating on getting club hurling up to a good standard as part of the process in getting the IC game up a few notches.

Sleeping giant

club hurling in antrim has taken a bit of a step forward no?  First time in a long time where we've had 4 teams at semi final stage with genuine chance, normally a dead rubber of a semi.I feel if Rossa put a tiny bit more effort in that they'd also make the break through, they aren't miles behind St. john's if at all behind them, they missed at least 5 starters in championship this year, The Town seem to be gone the other way and haven't pushed on from there championship final appearance the way you'd have hoped. immigration a serious problem for that team. Antrim club hurling standard wise wouldn't be my issue, the fact antrim was out of everything by june 15th and club championship is only getting read up in late october would be an issue for me. being honest and it's hard to say, Antrim isn't going anywhere soon, so let the players play with the clubs and pick your selected panel and team on a daily basis based on fitness and form.

Sleeping giant

would a south antrim select be a bad idea again for championship only. a lot of the clubs outside of st. john's & rossa all have 3/4 fine hurlers which could hurl at senior level, let them play away in there respected club championship but get together for senior a month maybe in advance. Sarsfield, St. paul's, lamb dhearg, gortnamona, st galls and more.  all these clubs have a handful of fine hurlers. i no this has been tried before but if it was pushed i believe it could work 

cfclg

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 24, 2018, 03:14:39 PM
club hurling in antrim has taken a bit of a step forward no?  First time in a long time where we've had 4 teams at semi final stage with genuine chance, normally a dead rubber of a semi.I feel if Rossa put a tiny bit more effort in that they'd also make the break through, they aren't miles behind St. john's if at all behind them, they missed at least 5 starters in championship this year, The Town seem to be gone the other way and haven't pushed on from there championship final appearance the way you'd have hoped. immigration a serious problem for that team. Antrim club hurling standard wise wouldn't be my issue, the fact antrim was out of everything by june 15th and club championship is only getting read up in late october would be an issue for me. being honest and it's hard to say, Antrim isn't going anywhere soon, so let the players play with the clubs and pick your selected panel and team on a daily basis based on fitness and form.

Been saying this a while now. All focus should be on improving club teams and forget about IC hurling success in the short term. Its a long term strategy that needs good foundations laid now by the clubs.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 24, 2018, 03:21:09 PM
would a south antrim select be a bad idea again for championship only. a lot of the clubs outside of st. john's & rossa all have 3/4 fine hurlers which could hurl at senior level, let them play away in there respected club championship but get together for senior a month maybe in advance. Sarsfield, St. paul's, lamb dhearg, gortnamona, st galls and more.  all these clubs have a handful of fine hurlers. i no this has been tried before but if it was pushed i believe it could work

The same idea was tried with a North Antrim team in the senior hurling championship a few years ago.

It only lasted a year, mainly due to the logistics of it and distance between the clubs.

A South Antrim team in the SHC might not be a bad idea especially as any clubs involved would be quite close to each other

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 24, 2018, 03:57:14 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 24, 2018, 03:21:09 PM

The same idea was tried with a North Antrim team in the senior hurling championship a few years ago.

It only lasted a year, mainly due to the logistics of it and distance between the clubs.

A South Antrim team in the SHC might not be a bad idea especially as any clubs involved would be quite close to each other
under the right guidence and a bit of a push put towards it i think it works,  hasn't something similar happened in cork with imokilly.  small intermediate clubs get together and have won out in the last couple of years, can't go outside the county but it would go towards strengthening the club seen even more