Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Hurling fan on October 14, 2018, 09:33:54 PM
Entitled to my opinion same as you.

Yeh...but I refereed up to & including SHC, so I have a little more insight perhaps than somebody who doesn't  know what they're talking about.

jftj

well done mark o neill in the senior game.lived up to all his expectations and his predecessors.james mclean take a bow.

breakingball

I'm a Belfast Gael and couldn't agree more.

No club in Belfast has good enough parking facilities outside Corrigan.

If the drive is too much of a put off then don't go! Clearly doesn't mean enough to ya.

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 12, 2018, 06:36:28 PM
Quote from: farset on October 12, 2018, 05:48:40 PM
Wanting to bring my kid to see a senior championship game in Belfast without having to drive 80 mile round trip journeys is now called having an agenda.

Wind your neck in, angry boy.

80 mile round trip not worth it? Us down the country ran to Casement several times every season. It was a pleasure to do it. It's motorway from Belfast until about 10 miles out of Ballycastle, 2 out of Dunloy. If Ballycastle is too long for you to travel to a senior semi final/ Minor final double header then stay at home. There were plenty of senior championship games in Belfast this year. Rossa V St. Johns, Sarsfields V Cushendall, St. Johns V Ballycastle. But keep stamping your feet like a spoilt child there. Never worry about there being no suitable venues in Belfast to host the game, we'll hurl up and down the Andersonstown Road so you don't have to spend a 5er on red diesel.

Hurling fan

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 14, 2018, 09:57:29 PM
Quote from: Hurling fan on October 14, 2018, 09:33:54 PM
Entitled to my opinion same as you.

Yeh...but I refereed up to & including SHC, so I have a little more insight perhaps than somebody who doesn't  know what they're talking about.

Are you serious.  So explain how a throw ball can be given when the referee firstly is 20 yards behind the player and secondly had two other players in the line of sight. Since your so knowledgeable

paddyjohn

Quote from: jftj on October 14, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
well done mark o neill in the senior game.lived up to all his expectations and his predecessors.james mclean take a bow.

What did Mark do wrong? Got all the big calls correct and I wonder if he will report Brian McFall for the verbal abuse after the game?  St Johns will be kicking themselves tonight. Is McManus the only free taker in Cushendall? Also why play Paddy Burke, who in my opinion is the best CHB in the county at FB? Makes for a decent final! Shamrocks surely favourites. Also fair play to St Galls & Cushendun today.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2018, 08:58:26 PM
P.s. I think i got sun burnt.... In ballycastle... In october!
I got "tanned" in parnell Park in February
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Someone start a referee comment board so the rest of us can talk about hurling.

Thought we were going to blow St. Johns out of the water after the start we had. Fair play to them to come back at us the way they did. They are a coming team and if they keep the team together they can win a championship over the next few years. I was delighted when I seen Ciaran Johnson line out at centre back. He did a lot of damage a fortnight ago at centre forward.
   Thought we were too slow making changes. Eunan McKillop made a difference for the little time he got. Some balls on young Emmett Laverty coming on and nailing that last free. We might have to start him in the final just to hit frees. Sean McAfee should see more game time as well. The most pleasing thing was that we responded in both games when it looked like we were in serious trouble. Natty was brilliant for us and our best play wen't through him. Graffin lead from the front as well, what a man. Delighted with Fred McCurry too. A few things didn't go his way early on but he didn't drop the head and came into the game well as things progressed.
   Having eliminated the reigning champions and given we struggled past St. Johns then Loughgiel have to start as favorites but as usual there will be very little between the teams and no reason we can't win it either.

Na Glinntí Glasa

disappointed in how we played in the minor match. we didnt seem to get going at all. a lot dropped ball and fumbles at the wrong time against a Lgiel team who looked to be working much harder than we did. They fully deserved a draw right at the death.

Senior game started with a bang from Cdall and then they seemed to slow down and allow St Johns right back into it. St Johns will yet again kick themselves as they looked good for their lead at that point in the game. Good second half for the neutral to watch.

Cdall will need to look for a back up free take as they missed far too many at important parts of the game.
hurl like f**k boi!

Tyrdub

Quote from: Hurling fan on October 14, 2018, 09:00:05 PM
Playwiththewind1st.  Wise up. Ref hadn't a clue simple as that. One example. He gave a free for a throw ball from 20 yards away and directly behind the player. How would he see if the ball was thrown or hand passed. Plus he had to see through two other players.

how the hell can you comment on what the ref did or didn't see? have you some sort of technology that lets you do this?

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 14, 2018, 10:41:48 PM
Quote from: jftj on October 14, 2018, 10:07:19 PM

What did Mark do wrong? Got all the big calls correct and I wonder if he will report Brian McFall for the verbal abuse after the game?  St Johns will be kicking themselves tonight. Is McManus the only free taker in Cushendall? Also why play Paddy Burke, who in my opinion is the best CHB in the county at FB? Makes for a decent final! Shamrocks surely favourites. Also fair play to St Galls & Cushendun today.

Not getting into a referee bashing debate, but I think when Mark looks back at the video he will see that he got a fair bit wrong.
Both ways to be fair and dont think it had an influence on the result of the game.

Sweeper 123

I never seen the very last free awarded to cushendall,  it looked like the St Johns player won a tussle and ran on to  the ball and was blown up ; Should it have been a free in for dall? or should the St Johns player have been allowed to continue on ? Any neutrals see it

Thought St Johns played the better hurling, the loss of their full back in the last few minutes was a big miss, some bad misses from frees by both teams, but there is no doubting that St Johns are serious title contenders. The Dall defenders seem to struggle with the pace of the st johns forwards when they ran at them.  It was a hugely enjoyable day of hurling well worth the journey &  £8 entry fee.

As previously stated stillthink that Cushedun will win Ulster & possibly the AI

imtommygunn

JJ was Ciaran Johnston not number 11? He was playing in the forwards for at least the first half and causing problems?

I am not sure where he went in the second half.

Both teams should have changed their free taker earlier.

Cushendall have for years now been susceptible to pace running at the centre of their defense. That was again a big issue yesterday and one that could have seen them beat.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2018, 11:07:43 AM
JJ was Ciaran Johnston not number 11? He was playing in the forwards for at least the first half and causing problems?

I am not sure where he went in the second half.

Both teams should have changed their free taker earlier.

Cushendall have for years now been susceptible to pace running at the centre of their defense. That was again a big issue yesterday and one that could have seen them beat.

No Ciaran was 6 green helmet, Conor was playing centre forward more or less yellow helmet.

Peter McCallin was number 11, St Johns didnt go with the programmed numbers.

imtommygunn

Aha my mistake.

Whoever 11 was seemed to disappear 2nd half. (If he he was taken off I didn't notice!)

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2018, 11:25:54 AM
Aha my mistake.

Whoever 11 was seemed to disappear 2nd half. (If he he was taken off I didn't notice!)

Did he not score the goal, he doubled on it in mid air from the hand pass across? Maybe I am wrong.

To be fair St Johns style leaves them very light up front and any one playing along the half forward line for them rarely spends much time in the attacking half.