Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2016, 07:16:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2016, 06:42:21 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2016, 06:18:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2016, 02:29:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2016, 02:04:55 PM
Top scorers for glory glory are Martial and Rooney on SEVEN each. That is putrid.

Still leading Liverpool in the league? Is it a poor championship this year??
The top 2 Irish teams are very disappointing. I can't see Dunnes doing Leicester pyjamas.

No Irish teams, not even close!
Fans in every pub in Ireland. The pyjamas index would be the clincher.
They're great pyjamas in fairness. My two have a few each.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ashman

Has there ever been a bigger waste of money than Man City over past 7 years .  Some of the money paid for dross is beyond parody .

From the Bunker

Quote from: ashman on March 20, 2016, 08:57:08 PM
Has there ever been a bigger waste of money than Man City over past 7 years .  Some of the money paid for dross is beyond parody .

Looks like United have taken on the same Baton and ran with it? They are not a London Club, so the type of player you will attract regardless of Money depends a lot on luck.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2016, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 20, 2016, 03:41:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2016, 02:29:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2016, 02:04:55 PM
Top scorers for glory glory are Martial and Rooney on SEVEN each. That is putrid.

Still leading Liverpool in the league? Is it a poor championship this year??

You obsession I say banter/craic..... Seafoid Obsessed??
It's just fascinating to see the 2 big guns languishing in mediocrity.
Both knocked off their f#cking perches as Fergie would say.
Man U were just unlucky to find the Glazers. Liverpool I dunno what happened.
And the loyalty of the fans is amazing.

It's all one big circus

Angus

What a nice play by Manchester United against Man City! Hail to Marcus Rashford, though! I've read a certain match preview regarding the Manchester Derby https://goo.gl/kUYlMv

Maroon Manc

Great result and a good performance for 2/3's of the game. I thought City were there for the taking but we didn't take full advantage. Blind had one of his better games but it won't be long before he reverts to type, Darmian apart from the first few games has looked nothing like a United player.

Michael Oliver should be let nowhere near a big game after he failed to give Aguero a pen in the league cup final and failing to send Dier of in the north London derby. There were several mistakes from him yesterday mainly the failure to give Rashford a pen and not sending Smalling off although Smallings first booking was very very soft, he never grabbed Aguero at all.

It's hardly a surprise that a decent performance coincides with Fellaini not playing just like the last time against Arsenal.

GJL

The Mondeo does it again. He is Utd's top scorer in the league but that would not be hard. Still in with a shot at top 4.

StGallsGAA

Spurs v United and Chelsea v City are now looking like cup finals during the run in!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 04, 2016, 11:18:11 AM
Spurs v United and Chelsea v City are now looking like cup finals during the run in!

Spurs should win handy, Utd not playing well at all but I'd expect Chelsea with their current form to win against City
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2016, 11:53:15 AM

Spurs should win handy, Utd not playing well at all but I'd expect Chelsea with their current form to win against City

Spurs really need to win this game so will have to attack. In games like this Utd are getting good results. It is the teams that set up to defend that they are struggling against.

StGallsGAA

Spurs should win yes but even when playing well their confidence seems to evaporate when they play United and their record is woeful.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on April 04, 2016, 12:22:40 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 04, 2016, 11:57:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2016, 11:53:15 AM

Spurs really need to win this game so will have to attack. In games like this Utd are getting good results. It is the teams that set up to defend that they are struggling against.
Do teams set up to defend against United anymore?

Just the teams below them I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

A lucky win yesterday, could easily have been beaten. We can't be serious about top 4 unless performances improve as we can't go on winning games playing like that. Ignoring next weeks games City have a tougher last 6 games then we do although we've struggled all season against teams outside the top 8.

I've slated him all season but credit to Daley Blind for 2 very good performances in his last 2 games.

I've no optimism at all in fairness and fully expect to finish 5th or 6th and for West Ham to beat us in the cup.

TabClear

The europa league exit and international break might have helped United in the cup. If the West ham replay had been 10 days after the first game the way both teams were playing you would have backed the hammers all day. As it happens United have found a bit of form and solidity at the back in particular and would be slight favourites now in my opinion.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 04, 2016, 04:37:19 PM
A lucky win yesterday, could easily have been beaten. We can't be serious about top 4 unless performances improve as we can't go on winning games playing like that. Ignoring next weeks games City have a tougher last 6 games then we do although we've struggled all season against teams outside the top 8.

I've slated him all season but credit to Daley Blind for 2 very good performances in his last 2 games.

I've no optimism at all in fairness and fully expect to finish 5th or 6th and for West Ham to beat us in the cup.

It's likely you're right but I'm an optimist at heart so hoping United can salvage something from the season and finish in the top 4 and win the cup. Going to West Ham was always a tough one for United, even when they weren't good but this West Ham side are decent. Spurs game will be interesting. Longer it goes on with United in the game the more Spurs will feel the pressure. I'm enjoying watching Martial, Rashford, Lingard at the moment, great attacking potential there. Getting a few players back but if Rooney is one of them it's a handicap.

Agree on Blind. He followed a string of awful games with two decent performances.