Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on January 16, 2021, 04:42:34 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2021, 02:59:44 PM
He's not one that I'll have a warm fuzzy feeling about like others but he was some player in his prime...

Why is that? He's the record scorer, part of one of the most successful teams ever.

Is it cause he flirted with leaving to get more £, he's a scouser??

Aye it's cause he's a Scouser  ;D

Just my own feelings but if pushed I'd say he asked to leave Utd twice plus one too many off field indiscretions but in fairness bar Ole and Scholesy most of my heroes are from the 70s and 80s......

Boycey

Just noticed that his 1st game didn't go to plan.....

Hard to call today, will Liverpool finally rediscover their mojo and tear United apart? Or will United sit back and punish them on the break?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 17, 2021, 10:41:17 AM

Hard to call today, will Liverpool finally rediscover their mojo and tear United apart? Or will United sit back and punish them on the break?

Really difficult call, home team, with an outstanding home record. That should just about be enough to win it by 2

On the flip side an away team with a very decent away record might steal a goal on the break...

0-0  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tubberman

Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2021, 05:56:05 PM
He's not one that I'll have a warm fuzzy feeling about like others but he was some player in his prime...

Why is that? He's the record scorer, part of one of the most successful teams ever.

Just my own feelings but if pushed I'd say he asked to leave Utd twice plus one too many off field indiscretions but in fairness bar Ole and Scholesy most of my heroes are from the 70s and 80s......

Daft how some  Irish people don't like someone from liverpool. You realise you're not actually from Manchester?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tubberman on January 17, 2021, 10:50:29 AM
Quote from: Boycey on January 16, 2021, 05:56:05 PM

Daft how some  Irish people don't like someone from liverpool. You realise you're not actually from Manchester?

He didn't say he didn't like him cause he's from Liverpool, he was also an Everton fan! Though by that token he should like Steve G
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

I always struggle with the idea of Man Utd or Liverpool fans from Ireland giving off about scousers or mancunians. To me they're all English and we have no real affinity to either of them. I'm sure many a scouser or mancunian patrolled our streets during the troubles, why do we want to be linked to them.
Not slating anyone for supporting man utd or Liverpool but the scouse/mancunian thing grates me a bit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on January 17, 2021, 11:11:29 AM
I always struggle with the idea of Man Utd or Liverpool fans from Ireland giving off about scousers or mancunians. To me they're all English and we have no real affinity to either of them. I'm sure many a scouser or mancunian patrolled our streets during the troubles, why do we want to be linked to them.
Not slating anyone for supporting man utd or Liaverpool but the scouse/mancunian thing grates me a bit.

Bit like Irish ones supporting Scottish teams..

GJL

Bruno should of won it. 2 points dropped.  :-\

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2021, 10:45:27 AM
Quote from: Boycey on January 17, 2021, 10:41:17 AM

Really difficult call, home team, with an outstanding home record. That should just about be enough to win it by 2

On the flip side an away team with a very decent away record might steal a goal on the break...

0-0  ;D

Cunny Funt

United deserved that hard earned point in a venue that few sides avoid defeat in nowadays. Defended superbly, Shaw the clear man of the match. Alisson the busier of the two keepers. First time since 7th of October 2018 against City that Liverpool didn't score in Anfield in the Premier league I believe.

Boycey

Played average from the middle of the park up so happy with a point despite the 2 big chances late on. Generally good at the back with Shaw excellent. A few showing signs of fatigue which is hardly surprising.

NAG1

Happy with the point in the end, Liverpool look like a team playing off memory at the moment.
I think at the end of the season OGS will look back at this one as a missed opportunity.

The form of Rashford and Martial is really concerning. Rashford has contributed in terms of assists, but he is more wasteful than any other player I can think of at the moment, not to mention his ability to stay on side.

Martial just looks completely lost, doesnt work hard enough on or off the ball and gives it away constantly.

Maroon Manc

Disappointed with the performance of our attacking players, the game was there to be won. So many times in that first half Rashford would have been away through on goal if he'd have timed his run better but the one time he did time it perfectly the ball from Pogba wasn't good enough. McTominay & Fred had better 2nd halfs but had to be braver on the ball during the 1st half.

Shaw again excellent, since Telles came in he's been superb; Based on what we'd seen since he signed I didn't think he had these levels of performances in him.

I think United lacked a bit of belief yesterday although it could be argued they just couldn't keep the ball well enough during that 1st half but it does show how far United have come in the last 12 months that we're in this position.

As for Thiago I have no idea how he wasn't booked, every single foul was a tactical one to stop United on the counter which would normally result in a booking, apparently he made 5 of these yesterday and avoided a booking. It was really poor from the ref and not picked up from any of the pundits.

Boycey

Quote from: NAG1 on January 18, 2021, 09:25:09 AM
Happy with the point in the end, Liverpool look like a team playing off memory at the moment.
I think at the end of the season OGS will look back at this one as a missed opportunity.

The form of Rashford and Martial is really concerning. Rashford has contributed in terms of assists, but he is more wasteful than any other player I can think of at the moment, not to mention his ability to stay on side.

Martial just looks completely lost, doesnt work hard enough on or off the ball and gives it away constantly.

Like I said in my post fatigue has to be an issue with some of these guys? Yesterdays game was Utds 10th in a month, Liverpool have had 'only' 7 in the same period. I don't know what the answer is as there are 9 more games scheduled for the next month but I can see a lot of teams running on empty long before seasons end.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on January 18, 2021, 10:10:35 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 18, 2021, 09:25:09 AM

Like I said in my post fatigue has to be an issue with some of these guys? Yesterdays game was Utds 10th in a month, Liverpool have had 'only' 7 in the same period. I don't know what the answer is as there are 9 more games scheduled for the next month but I can see a lot of teams running on empty long before seasons end.

I have no interest in the Europa League given United's position in the league, if United are still in a similar position come the European games I'd be delighted if he sends the kids out although if United get knocked out by Liverpool this weekend it will free up a bit of time.

Greenwood hasn't got going this season, will be a big bonus if he can and ease the pressure on Rashford.

I mentioned it last week but If I were Ole I'd be trying to bring in a winger this month on loan. James isn't good enough, wasn't even in the squad yesterday.