Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Should that not be a "Mone-athon?"

muppet

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 16, 2013, 11:04:17 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 16, 2013, 05:09:59 PM

Interesting Dick!

You should probably start an Interesting Dick! thread.

But not here please.

Muppet you must win some prize for the most interminable amount of nonsense posted on here. How do you eke out an existence for yourself

By dreaming of one day having an existence as important as yours.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 16, 2013, 11:04:17 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2013, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 16, 2013, 05:09:59 PM

Interesting Dick!

You should probably start an Interesting Dick! thread.

But not here please.

Muppet you must win some prize for the most interminable amount of nonsense posted on here. How do you eke out an existence for yourself

Fúck's sake, man. Robbery.

Main Street

Quote from: cluaineois on August 11, 2013, 09:00:37 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 10, 2013, 11:58:26 PM
Some whinging from Monaghan, and in fairness, it surprises me.

If Mone hadn't run across to involve himself where he was neither needed nor wanted he wouldn't have had to pathetically simulate.

Now Monaghan (not all of you, just some of you who won't let it go), just suck it up, and shut up.

Absolutely priceless telling monaghan people to suck it up and shut up when you crowd are still bleating on about a game in 1996 which you yourself contributed to recently.
Fosb hasn't said anything priceless since  ......  I can't remember when :D
Just another Tyrone bad loser/bad winner syndrome, who interprets taking a stand against tyronies (and their seriously retarded fellow travellers) constantly whining about Penrose's stonewall red card, as "some whinging".

orangeman

At least there'll be a good crowd the next time Monaghan and Tyrone play.

Monaghan kicked the dung out of Tyrone in the mc Kenna cup final.

I watched it there this morning. Talk about cynical. Monaghan tactics were a disgrace.

supersarsfields

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 17, 2013, 09:17:00 AM

Tyrone's hard fought progress through the championship this year has been impressive this year. Can't fail to have been impressed by the way they've put their head down and gone about their business. Now however i can't wait for Mayo to put them away. bunch of crying, moaning wailers. During these episodes its normally unfair to tar the actual team with that brush - its usually the bandwagon supporters - but this time Mickey and the county board are stuck front and centre, leading the moanathon.

I would imagine Mickey and co are gutted at this news.

orangeman

Jeesz but we love soccer. Lining up and shaking hands before the off, soccer style.

Conor McManus has said the GAA should introduce a red card for cynical fouls in order to stop the tackles that have become a major talking point over the summer.

The Monaghan star was hauled down in sight of goal but outside the square by Tyrone midfielder Sean Cavanagh during the two counties' All-Ireland quarter-final clash. Cavanagh was only given a yellow card and while Monaghan pointed the subsequent free, they went on to lose the match by two points.

The yellow card and free were inadequate punishment in the eyes of many supporters and commentators. Cavanagh himself commented after the match the he would prefer not to be in a situation where the logic of the game dictated he was forced to pull an opponent down.

For his part, McManus acknowledged after the incident that the Tyrone man had little choice but to do what he did.

Speaking to Marty Morrissey on Championship Matters, McManus said: "From a team point of view, if somebody went through on your own defence and he was not stopped you would be disappointed. It is what it is. Tyrone are in an All-Ireland semi-final now and I don't think they are too worried about how they got there."

"It is win at all costs. That is how sport has gone." - Conor McManus

Would a stricter punishment have forced Cavanagh to allow McManus continue through towards goal, possibly altering the result?

"I suppose it probably would have. If Sean Cavanagh knew he was going to get sent off and miss the last 20 minutes of the game, I don't think he would have done it. It would have cost Tyrone ultimately a place in the All-Ireland semi-final. But as it is at the minute, Sean knew he was not going to get a red card and he knew he could take the foul. It was good for Tyrone obviously because they got through."

McManus admits that the overall mentality required by sport at the top level is part of the problem, but says that the GAA could adapt systems from other sports, including a straight red card for taking down players in clear scoring positions.

"It is win at all costs. That is how sport has gone. If somebody was to give any of our men the option of being in an All-Ireland final on Sunday they would all take it. Tackle or no tackle."

"There are definitely some things from other sports that we can apply to Gaelic Games. For example, if Fernando Torres is through in a Premiership game and is taken down it is a straight red card. There has to something along those lines to fit the crime."