Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laceer

Quote from: babarino on August 09, 2013, 09:14:30 PM
Gifs show clearly two Tyrone players should have been sent off. You'd have to be seriously deluded to argue otherwise. The ref and officials bottled it. Earlier a ridiculous yellow card for Darren Hughes - Cavanagh pulled him down after good tackle. And in all the furore about the Cavanagh tackle hardly a mention of Brolly's 'he (Mone) probably deserved it' line. No mother from Monaghan, so we're not expecting an apology.  If he didn't get the sack from RTE after the crap he spewed after the Derry - Monaghan in Celtic Park a few years ago, he'll never get it.

Take a look at the other gif on Balls.ie. First Tyrone tackler swings the boot and misses, Cavanagh was on his game and hauled McManus down, while No. 8 (Colm Cavanagh) looks to be preparing for lift off.

Hopefully a footballing team is allowed to win the All Ireland.

Why should anyone be "allowed" to win an All Ireland? The best team in the country win it every year

skeog

ccc to look at conors shove on dessie moan shefflin strikes with hurley and because of his elite status gets his sending off recinded some joke

Rossfan

Ahh ladeens - don't ye know that " there's never a dirty stroke in hurling" and if anyone is ever sent off it's the ref's fault - as evidenced by the rescinding of Shefflin's card following the Cork fella's one.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

Read that earlier today, great article.

orangeman

D >:(
Quote from: bennydorano on August 10, 2013, 07:45:39 PM
Read that earlier today, great article.

Aye it was a great article until I read this -Sweet Jesus !

I have done a lot of questionable stuff on the field of play, I'll admit to that, but I can honestly say in the 151 matches I have played for Monaghan I cannot remember carrying out a pre-meditated clinically executed tackle as Seán did on Conor McManus last weekend.

And if you asked most other players they would say the same.

ONeill

Tyrone's 'win at all cost' mentality might very well get them their fourth All-Ireland medal, my only fear is that it may tarnish the good will and respect they earned from all of us on their way to winning their first three.

WTF?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

A couple of things:

Gallogly should be strung up for that goal miss early in the second half.

Canning def said "Some Dick has made it 9 points a-piece" on 40 mins.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Some whinging from Monaghan, and in fairness, it surprises me.

If Mone hadn't run across to involve himself where he was neither needed nor wanted he wouldn't have had to pathetically simulate.

Now Monaghan (not all of you, just some of you who won't let it go), just suck it up, and shut up.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2013, 11:53:26 PM
Tyrone's 'win at all cost' mentality might very well get them their fourth All-Ireland medal, my only fear is that it may tarnish the good will and respect they earned from all of us on their way to winning their first three.

WTF?

Arra, don't let it bother you too much. It will never happen.

How can you lose something you had already lost a long, long time ago?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

orangeman

WTF?

I stopped reading after the bit about not being able to remember a premeditated clinically executed tackle like Sean Cavanagh did.

That conclusion is mighty.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2013, 12:06:00 AM
I put the bin out on Thursday night, with clinical execution.

Did you think about it before you put it out ?

Very important.

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2013, 12:00:04 AM

WTF?

I stopped reading after the bit about not being able to remember a premeditated clinically executed tackle like Sean Cavanagh did.

That conclusion is mighty.

I'd say he 'fears' it alright.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2013, 12:10:24 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2013, 12:08:22 AM

Very important.
Yes, it was pre-meditated.

I also hit a wasp a pre-meditated smack after it landed on my arm.

Evil.

Cold and calculating.

I just don't know what to say.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2013, 12:16:07 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2013, 12:14:05 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 11, 2013, 12:10:24 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2013, 12:08:22 AM

Very important.
Yes, it was pre-meditated.

I also hit a wasp a pre-meditated smack after it landed on my arm.

Evil.

Cold and calculating.

I just don't know what to say.
It had it coming.

Is bin day not Tuesday ? What were you doing putting it out Thursday - just to be early ?