GAA Board Charity Bet

Started by AZOffaly, May 11, 2007, 09:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

:-[

Sorry, forgetting that not everyone has spent their entire working life in the seedy gambling world.....

SJ are internet only - no shops. My apologies good sir!

Jack Dempsey

I have one - Donegal and louth to draw at 16/1. Rick of a price with Ladbrokes. Obviously no cert but if your not in you cant win.

Hardy

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 05, 2007, 07:52:18 PM
based on previous I'm not sure I'd get paid anyway

;D
The power of understatement

Fishead_Sam

I not part of the this charity bet, but my own bet down the bookies for the weekend is

€35 on all of the following to win
Mayo 1-6 (Could be a faller)
Galway Football 2-9
Meath 8-11 (One I'm most worried about)
Donegal 2-7
Armagh 4-9
Waterford 4-9
Cork 1-16
Tipperary 1-8

I think this would net me €265 if I win, I was tempted of choosing Galway or Clare in the hurling that would have turned it into big money (maybe) but it increase the risk dramatically.

I also have two other small €10 bets.

Louth Exile

Fair play to you Sam, looking for eight favs to win! Hope it comes off for you.

Having said that, I still don't have a clue what my own bet is yet. Just about to head off for Limerick will have to pick the selections in the car
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

I did LS's bet plus trebles with William Hill (best selection of prices today) on all combinations of Meath, Leitrim, Limerick (football) and Antrim (hurling) plus the accumulator. Sorry not to be in Newry after all, though.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hardy on July 07, 2007, 04:01:28 PM
I did LS's bet plus trebles with William Hill (best selection of prices today) on all combinations of Meath, Leitrim, Limerick (football) and Antrim (hurling) plus the acumulator. Sorry not to be in Newry after all, though.
I think Down could scupper your acca.

Hardy

They could of course. But I'm quietly confident that our forwards might make a little hay against the Down backs.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Jack Dempsey on July 05, 2007, 11:37:05 PM
I have one - Donegal and louth to draw at 16/1. Rick of a price with Ladbrokes. Obviously no cert but if your not in you cant win.
Presumably you meant Donegal v Leitrim - good call, lucky, but good - wrecked a few bets for me!!

Louth Exile

I had a mare, €20 on a four team accum, Meath were the only one to win. Donegal & Armagh were big disappointments but I was actaully cheering Sligo on at the end. Delighted for them.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

The Bottom Brick

Same here. Had the Donegal draw but Galway fucked me the useless ponces
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

magpie seanie

Took the 11/2 on Sligo to win by 1-3 points. I rarely back something like that where I am "emotionally involved" for want of a better phrase as judgement can be clouded but it just stuck in my mind and I went and did it. Took out another few bob on a treble so a good weekend all told.

Louth Exile

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 09, 2007, 03:43:59 PM
Took the 11/2 on Sligo to win by 1-3 points. I rarely back something like that where I am "emotionally involved" for want of a better phrase as judgement can be clouded but it just stuck in my mind and I went and did it. Took out another few bob on a treble so a good weekend all told.

Help fund the celebrations !! Well done

Louth Exile

Right, so strange bets for me this week!!

Going to try and take on the mighty Lone Shark and doing the €10 accum in Ladrokes this weekend... not confident that I can take that lad though  ;) a bit of letting the heart rule the head here (with the exception of Meath of course  :D )
Meath 1/2
Louth (+3) 10/11
Monaghan (+4) 10/11
Laois (+3) 10/11
Not particularly recommending this to anyone as there is a fair bit heart rather than head in it but th odds on the handicap for the three outsiders were by far the best with Ladbrokes

Then, following a bit of advice from the aformentioned LS on another thread I have made the bold move of sticking a ton on Dublin Hurlers (+3) at evens. This is as big a stake as I will go on anything, so come on you boys in blue (did this with Boylesports, no surprisingly Ladbrokes were very short on this one for obvious reasons)

Finally, Ladbrokes again are offering odds on player to score a goal at any time in the Monaghan v Tyrone game. Although he is not named to start and no listing in the current prices going to head down to see if I can get a price on Paul Finlay to bag one. Just going to have a sporting tenner on this if I can get a decent price.

Lone Shark

I'll give you 10/1 on Finley. I've passed it on to the call centre if you want to take them up on it.