Ticket sellers....

Started by RedHand88, May 09, 2024, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 10, 2024, 12:06:27 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 09, 2024, 10:03:32 PMI honestly would love a rule passed somehow somewhere that sellers cannot cross county lines.

Newry Shamrocks, Burren, Mayobridge etc are fundraising, and I'm happy to support it. But a club from e.g Derry? What in holy f**k are they doing taking GAA money out of Down?

If you arrive at my door the first thing I'll ask is "do you pay your senior manager?"
And if the answer is yes, then you can f**k right off

If you've money for that, then you've got your priorities all wrong.

Do managers in any clubs get their filled envelopes from club funds? Maybe they do, I'm not sure, but the ones I know of are all paid by benefactors (allegedly of course)

RedHand88

Quote from: JoG2 on May 10, 2024, 12:26:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 09, 2024, 10:03:32 PMI honestly would love a rule passed somehow somewhere that sellers cannot cross county lines.

Newry Shamrocks, Burren, Mayobridge etc are fundraising, and I'm happy to support it. But a club from e.g Derry? What in holy f**k are they doing taking GAA money out of Down?

If you arrive at my door the first thing I'll ask is "do you pay your senior manager?"

Do managers in any clubs get their filled envelopes from club funds? Maybe they do, I'm not sure, but the ones I know of are all paid by benefactors (allegedly of course)

One of the ones at my door recently is a senior club which I won't name. They are not raising for a hub or new facilities or that, its just to raise money for the club.
I'd imagine that's where the money raised will end up.

Armagh18

Sure then the benefactors could give the alleged 20k or whatever it is to the club to put towards facilities or whatever else rather than lining an outsiders pockets.

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2024, 12:35:06 PM

Sure then the benefactors could give the alleged 20k or whatever it is to the club to put towards facilities or whatever else rather than lining an outsiders pockets.

I'm with you there 100%. I'd say most though are already sponsoring or donating to the club as well right enough

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on May 10, 2024, 12:42:12 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2024, 12:35:06 PM

I'm with you there 100%. I'd say most though are already sponsoring or donating to the club as well right enough
Yeah. Don't want to go too off topic but some of the rumoured figures are madness. Could it through it if it was an exceptional manager brought in to maybe get that extra few % out of a talented team thats close to winning something but most clubs would be better off focusing on their youth teams and long term club development.

Brendan

I need new neighbours, heard a few times now "so and so told us to give you a knock you're a big GAA head"

marty34

I remember selling tickets a good few years ago. 1 for £20 and 3 for for £50 etc.

Funny when going around houses, you think, through experience, that you'll 'get a sale' at this house and at that house etc. ...lol.

Went to a big house with big pillars and automatic gates. I spoke through the intercom and obviously young lad came on.  I said is any parents about as I'm selling tickets for a gaa club.

He said immediately nobody else was at home and I retorted do you know what time they'd be back.  There was a bit of background noise and I heard the wee lad asking.. "he wants to know what time you'll be back".

I could only but laugh.

quit yo jibbajabba

There ye go I bought off Edendork. Weekend ruined 😜😜

David McKeown

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 10, 2024, 07:26:30 PMThere ye go I bought off Edendork. Weekend ruined 😜😜

Got accosted today but it was by a friend so no problem with it. Someone I don't know I'm not as quick to buy one
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

quit yo jibbajabba

This conversation has got me thinking. Live on same road as chairman and a n other main committee member as 40plus years so I'm always gonna get snared.

I may move house

Ethan Tremblay

Thats the thing, a seller from Derry gave me the guilt trip one night saying my local club (in Armagh) were doing the rounds in Derry a few months back, and they were hospitable enough to help them out, show them where to go etc.

Just on your point, I would sooner give money to some club far away than a rival club a few mile down the road. 

There is nothing worse in the gaa than seeing good, honest, hard working people spending hours of labor aiding the success of your sworn enemies   ;)
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

RedHand88

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 10, 2024, 07:59:10 PM

Thats the thing, a seller from Derry gave me the guilt trip one night saying my local club (in Armagh) were doing the rounds in Derry a few months back, and they were hospitable enough to help them out, show them where to go etc.

Just on your point, I would sooner give money to some club far away than a rival club a few mile down the road. 

There is nothing worse in the gaa than seeing good, honest, hard working people spending hours of labor aiding the success of your sworn enemies   ;)

That's very good. Tell them it wasn't you knocking at their door.

ONeill

Quote from: Brendan on May 10, 2024, 01:33:58 PMI need new neighbours, heard a few times now "so and so told us to give you a knock you're a big GAA head"

Maybe you've just got a big thick head on ye.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Harold Disgracey

I live in the sticks and I would always buy a ticket if someone calls, I've bought tickets recently for draws in Derry, Tyrone and Monaghan as well as a few Armagh clubs.

Something different from Derrynoose, closing date June 1st. I believe there are 2 Gerry Arthur's tickets up for grabs if you enter before 9pm tomorrow.

https://www.armaghdreamteam.co.uk/