Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banker

Quote from: terrifictommy on October 24, 2018, 04:28:19 PM
Similar outcome in 2nd division where St Johns played Ballymartin? Similar scoreline at Half time as well, both now have to play off against each other. Doubt that will be a draw!!

You at that match?

St John's would have been already playing in the playoff as Annaclone could not match their points and they could not catch Tullylish or Liatroim. Ballymartin were leading the game with a few minutes to go but St John's got a late goal to draw the game. Also a few red cards handed out during that game were players will be suspended for the play off game so I highly doubt it was a fix.

I could not see any club in Down doing favours for other clubs. It is impossible to even get matches re-scheduled without a huge argument so highly doubt teams are pre-arranging results of games.

befair

Sources tell me Pete McGrath is available for the Rostrevor post next year, as the current manager is leaving. Amazing that it has taken so long for Pete to manage his own club

Ed Hardy

Any word on when the county trials will be and who all has been asked to go?

downjim

Are Carryduff amalgamating at u21 again??

True Blue

Quote from: Ed Hardy on October 27, 2018, 03:39:35 PM
Any word on when the county trials will be and who all has been asked to go?

Started last night, Friday, in the Bridge. Another one tomorrow I believe.
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

Smurfy123

Apparently 40 at trials last night and 40 tomorrrow. Players from lower divisions getting a chance don't know if that's any good. Can't see many players from the lower leagues.

ardtole

Great result for ballycran today.

johnnycool

Quote from: ardtole on October 28, 2018, 05:55:04 PM

It was indeed and was against the odds and maybe SN underestimated them at their peril.

By all accounts if they can repeat their performance from yesterday in a fortnight's time then they can push the Dall as well.

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnnycool on October 29, 2018, 09:24:15 AM

It was indeed and was against the odds and maybe SN underestimated them at their peril.

By all accounts if they can repeat their performance from yesterday in a fortnight's time then they can push the Dall as well.

where will the final be held?
nil satis nisi optimum

johnnycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 29, 2018, 10:06:37 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on October 29, 2018, 09:24:15 AM

where will the final be held?

Either in Armagh or Owenbeg I'd say.

Crans should be pushing for Armagh as its a fierce jaunt to Owenbeg from the peninsula.

ApresMatch

Quote from: downjim on October 27, 2018, 03:43:27 PM
Are Carryduff amalgamating at u21 again??

Carryduff very strong at u21 on yesterday's evidence. Why they take players in from other clubs I will never know!

whitegoodman

downjim

Disgraceful a club the size of Carryduff poaching other players. Saul were in the all county minor league with a full pick

east down gael

Down Follower

Pete McGrath the new Rostrevor manager. Announced tonight.