Tyrone v Mayo - Sun 2nd Feb - 2.30pm - Healy Park, Omagh (Joe McQuillan ref)

Started by tyroneman, January 29, 2019, 10:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 04, 2019, 12:30:27 AM
Quote from: moysider on February 03, 2019, 11:40:12 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 03, 2019, 10:49:14 PM
I know you have to try things out in the league but playing without yer sweeper was madness, over the three years we've struggled big time against defensive teams.

Yer passing in the final third was very poor, Higgins was made look exceptional by the amount of ball kicked directly to him

We are trying things as well. I'm reluctant to comment on another county, but here is an observation. Tyrone might not have been as defensive as we've come to expect but they had the guts of their AI team out there and quality players should be able to deal with a bit of tweaking and express themselves.
For me, today was mostly about Mayo and what we were doing. For me this was one of those performances that can turn out to
be a defining one. I admit I was very dubious about selection. Thought it was far too callow. How wrong I was!!
Okay, it is still early days. Mayo usually transition quickly and on today's evidence we are transitioning very nicely.

Was it that callow?  11 of that starting team today has played in AI semi final or finals. Young/new players going into an experienced team like that is a dream environment to impress and Tracey,McDonagh certainly excelled today.

On Tyrone as i said already in this thread it took them until round 5 v Donegal last year before they showed signs of the side that would go on to the reach the AI final and maybe the same could happen for them again this year.

Problem with that is, that if Tyrone lose next weekend V Roscommon, then they could be in relegation trouble big time, as it is safe to assume they will not beat Dublin.

smort

Quote from: Under Lights on February 04, 2019, 03:54:46 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 03, 2019, 08:42:37 PM
That was depressing to watch.

I think you're hard on Harte. He was the only player taking the game to Mayo in their half. He was busted late on and made errors but only for him we could have been scoreless again for the majority of it.

I just can't see what the plan is that is in any way different from last year. Are Colm and Bradley really that big of a loss in that we now look like a poor division 2 team? Has the Dublin defeat affected this team that badly? Or is it just February?

Talk that there is a bit of a rift between the players.

Go on ...

skeog

Under Lights

Quote from: skeog on February 04, 2019, 07:02:15 PM
Bit of argy bargy on recent vacation.Just a bit of MMA antics.

A right bit of Argy bargy alright good few haven't kissed and made up yet either.

twohands!!!

Quote from: iorras on February 04, 2019, 11:35:38 AM
To the tyrone boys, I wouldnt get too worried yet to be honest. It takes a good bit of time for a team to get over an all ireland final loss as we well know. They have to be given time to rest and get back into it, it was clear our boys have alot more work done. While we didnt want it at the time our  early summer exit may stand to us in the long run.
Trick for Tyrone is to make sure you beat the likes or Roscommon, Monaghan and Cavan. As good as we were today in parts, wouldnt surprise me if we go to sleep next week against Cavan and calve out 2 points to them.

I wonder if the fact that they lost to Dublin twice in the championship (throw in the loss in the league and it's 3 losses in a year to the Dubs) made it have more of an impact than just losing the final. The nature of the loss in the final probably didn't help either.

Maroon Manc

Optimism in Mayo will be on the rise since Sunday.

Got to give them credit for the way they play football, their always great to watch.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 05, 2019, 11:28:49 AM
Optimism in Mayo will be on the rise since Sunday.

Got to give them credit for the way they play football, their always great to watch.

Great result! Promising debuts, but you'd have to wonder at where Tyrone are at, at the minute?

Dublin are so far ahead, there is a lot of ground to make up! Nobody losing the run of themselves.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southtyronegael

attendance only 6500. corresponding fixture 2 years ago had 8500. tyrone support getting smaller and smaller.

From the Bunker

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 05, 2019, 11:24:43 PM
attendance only 6500. corresponding fixture 2 years ago had 8500. tyrone support getting smaller and smaller.

It's the loss of hope. The common Tyrone football fan knows the Gap between themselves and Dublin. The Mayo fan has forgotten about last year and still harks back to Mayo losing by 1 point in 2017! They think their mainstay are the same, and forget they will be 2 years older this year. Years of being ''Close'' and bouncing back the next year, gives renewed false hope.

RedHand88

The corresponding fixture two years ago was a sun drenched day in late March. It was championship weather.

Sunday past was as bad as it gets conditions wise.

clarshack

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2019, 07:55:35 AM

The corresponding fixture two years ago was a sun drenched day in late March. It was championship weather.

yes the game 2 years ago was played on a sunny day at end of March, so you're not going to get the same attendance.

what is the capacity of the stand in healy park?

spuds

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 05, 2019, 11:32:16 PM

It's the loss of hope. The common Tyrone football fan knows the Gap between themselves and Dublin. The Mayo fan has forgotten about last year and still harks back to Mayo losing by 1 point in 2017! They think their mainstay are the same, and forget they will be 2 years older this year. Years of being ''Close'' and bouncing back the next year, gives renewed false hope.
Copy paste job again Bunker? Cheer up ta feck.  :)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

From the Bunker

Quote from: spuds on February 06, 2019, 11:27:10 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 05, 2019, 11:32:16 PM

Copy paste job again Bunker? Cheer up ta feck.  :)

Copy/Paste from where?

rosnarun

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2019, 07:55:35 AM

hard to believe the Mayo Roscommon game which filled a much larger stand and have a good crowd   standing the far side only have 10K if thats WHAT 6500 looks like  .
I wonder will mayo professional fames be out in force against cavan after last weeks display
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere