Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickham csc

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 12, 2019, 08:49:17 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 12, 2019, 12:42:14 AM
Quote from: highorlow on February 12, 2019, 12:21:28 AM
Joe wants AOS in full forward. Hopefully after the Dublin game we can start trying him in there again. I'm with Joe on this one.

His best position is full forward according to Brolly because he scored a few goals against Sligo who were woeful in defence for the Connacht final? The strengths of Horan's team will be middle 8 dominance and AOS will play a big part in that.

Sure didn't they bring in that offensive mark so teams could play a big man on the edge of the square?

Watched him there in an All Ireland replay, and he was like a duck out of water, not good at all (having said that he did catch one and set up a goal for Keegan). But his running off the ball was limited (looked laboured 'v' the defender)  and it was quite easy for Dublin to nullify him (big faster defender able to brake the ball of him). 

So yes you need a big man up front, but he has to be very mobile

magpie seanie

There's no need for Mayo to "try" AOS at full forward. Everyone knows what he can do there. Land him in there for 15 minutes in an All Ireland semi final when it might make a difference.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: moysider on February 11, 2019, 11:28:20 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 11, 2019, 10:07:33 PM
Brolly for the most part behaved himself last night. Maybe Joanne's no nonsense approach with him the last night has set the tone.

Hmmm. He had a right go at Ger Cafferkey (mom according to Aaron Kernan I think it was on eir) and Aidan O Shea. O Shea had a huge game. Talking 8-9/10. But he had to wade in to justify his previous critique of these players.
This guy is all about values and decency but it does not add up for me. He's giving lads a kicking there whether he knows it or not. That's the thing for me with Brolly. There is something going on there that he  ...... can't control?

Its tbe Dunphy/Hook school of punditry. Lucrative as there is no market for rational analysis.

His Indo article is just a rewrite of rural 6 counties good, everything else bad. Insert some tale of woe about loyalists and repeat.

giveballaghback

My first and last contribution to the Brolly bus on here, if he is such a g......e why is there 310 pages on here, he should be ignored but because he is not ignored he is laughing all the way to the bank.

rrhf

Aidan O Se doesn't make an all Ireland winnning Mayo team.

haranguerer

Keyser soze

ardtole

Colm Orourke came out with a similar statement regarding Dooher, and ended up with egg on his face.

rosnarun

Quote from: haranguerer on February 14, 2019, 08:04:59 AM
::)

Thats ridiculous
you have to wonder when is the last time some poster saw A o Sé play .
there maybe as good but there is no better player in the country . big strong skilful mobile great had massive engine and a great football brain . what's not to like
I would have him Midfield every match
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

tyroneman

Quote from: rosnarun on February 15, 2019, 03:28:42 PM

Thats ridiculous
there maybe as good but there is no better player in the country . big strong skilful mobile great had massive engine and a great football brain . what's not to like

It's obviously a game of opinions but to say there is no better player in the country....I'd have to disagree...he's not even the best player on the Mayo team (Keegan)

Big Murphy could also give him a masterclass if it's big man v big man yr after

screenexile

Quote from: tyroneman on February 15, 2019, 04:00:35 PM

Thats ridiculous

It's obviously a game of opinions but to say there is no better player in the country....I'd have to disagree...he's not even the best player on the Mayo team (Keegan)

I think O'Shea is a fantastic footballer but I'd definitely have Murphy before him.

spuds

Thats ridiculous

Our Aido has got the better of Murphy a few times and the Donegal man did not line if at all.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Crete Boom

Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2019, 07:24:01 PM

Thats ridiculous

I think O'Shea is a fantastic footballer but I'd definitely have Murphy before him.

In my opinion the major difference is Murphy can play with his back to goal Aidan can't!!

If I want a big strong scoring fulforward who can come out the field to help out/overload midfield giving another option on kickouts and take scores from distance, then Murphy is the man I want.

However if I want a deep lying midfielder as a go to option on kickouts, to help dominate the middle, create turnovers and start attacks from defence then O'Shea is the man especially since he developed his ability to kickpass accurately over 10 to 20 yards which is very underrated. O'Shea is also so powerful int he running game from deep.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: spuds on February 15, 2019, 08:53:58 PM

Thats ridiculous

Our Aido has got the better of Murphy a few times and the Donegal man did not line if at all.
I'm sure Murphy lies awake at night worrying about the few times AOS got the better of him

spuds

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 15, 2019, 09:17:00 PM
Quote from: spuds on February 15, 2019, 08:53:58 PM

Thats ridiculous

I'm sure Murphy lies awake at night worrying about the few times AOS got the better of him
Not sure what value you get from that last post but reality is that Murphy does not like the physicality that our Aido brings in their confrontations. Murphy lords it physically usually in one on one's.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard