Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2018, 04:41:45 PM
Possibly, but would have liked to have seen Utd take on Bayern, who are no great shakes, they aint the Bayern of old

Thats the biggest complaint I have this season, losing at home to Sevilla wasn't good enough and shouldn't have happened. This is the worst Bayern team in a long time, their reliant on 34 & 35 year old wingers; Given the players Uniteds have and that we'd have ended up playing Bayern a semi final was a real possibility, very disappointing losing at home to Sevilla.

I do think looking at this team's league performances since Fergie left and how we've only made top 4 once in the previous 4 seasons then perhaps I was been too optimistic.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 17, 2018, 09:27:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2018, 04:41:45 PM
Possibly, but would have liked to have seen Utd take on Bayern, who are no great shakes, they aint the Bayern of old

Thats the biggest complaint I have this season, losing at home to Sevilla wasn't good enough and shouldn't have happened. This is the worst Bayern team in a long time, their reliant on 34 & 35 year old wingers; Given the players Uniteds have and that we'd have ended up playing Bayern a semi final was a real possibility, very disappointing losing at home to Sevilla.

Absolutely agree. Losing to Sevilla was a shambles and primarily due to tactics and the manager. My belief is that this will not change no matter how many more good players he signs.

magpie seanie

So the latest rumours are that Pogba's agent is shopping him to PSG and Mourinho is happy to let him go. The same Mourinho who thought Pogba was one of the best players in the world a few months ago.

This man hasn't a clue what he's doing folks.

Rawhide

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2018, 11:56:31 AM
So the latest rumours are that Pogba's agent is shopping him to PSG and Mourinho is happy to let him go. The same Mourinho who thought Pogba was one of the best players in the world a few months ago.

Nor do you, when you have managed a number of teams to success in this game at the highest level feel free to think you can say 'he hasn't a clue what he's doing' You complaint when he throws players under the bus and then when he strokes their ego. FFS make your mind up.
cccc is a true supporter lol

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rawhide on April 18, 2018, 12:32:23 PM

Nor do you, when you have managed a number of teams to success in this game at the highest level feel free to think you can say 'he hasn't a clue what he's doing' You complaint when he throws players under the bus and then when he strokes their ego. FFS make your mind up.

I know what I'm doing in my job I can tell you that. Unless of course your argument is that no one should comment on something they haven't already done themselves which would of course be completely laughable and ridiculous.

The ego he stroked the most is now who he's throwing under the bus. He has thrown several young players under the bus. It's about time people realised that maybe it's not the players. The club have financially back him to the hilt.

Louis Van Gaal had managed numerous teams to success at the highest levels yet he wasn't able to get it done at United. Past performance is no guarantee of future success.

Make my mind up? My mind was made up long before this appointment was made. As I said then and I'm even surer now, history will prove me correct.

Cunny Funt

David de Gea has made it onto the PFA Premier League Team of the Year for the fourth year in a row, and fifth time in six years.

On Pogba i'd question how much of say Mourinho had in that signing? luxury players like that weren't in his Chelsea,Inter Milan or Real Madrid teams.

snoopdog

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2018, 01:29:48 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on April 18, 2018, 12:32:23 PM

I know what I'm doing in my job I can tell you that. Unless of course your argument is that no one should comment on something they haven't already done themselves which would of course be completely laughable and ridiculous.

The ego he stroked the most is now who he's throwing under the bus. He has thrown several young players under the bus. It's about time people realised that maybe it's not the players. The club have financially back him to the hilt.

Louis Van Gaal had managed numerous teams to success at the highest levels yet he wasn't able to get it done at United. Past performance is no guarantee of future success.

Make my mind up? My mind was made up long before this appointment was made. As I said then and I'm even surer now, history will prove me correct.
LVG was well past it by the time he came to United. And nowhere near as successful as Mourinho. While Jose may turn out not to be the man for the job the commitment of the players is a massive reason also . A good leader like a roy Keane in that team would make a massive change.

StGallsGAA

Good performance across the field tonight with Jones, Pogba, Rashford, Martial and Lukaku in particular showing well.

GJL

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 19, 2018, 12:39:04 AM
Good performance across the field tonight with Jones, Pogba, Rashford, Martial and Lukaku in particular showing well.

Yep.

That is Champion's League football basically assured next year. Might as well push on now to try to remain in second and also an FA cup would be nice.

brokencrossbar1

Any lingering hope of 2nd for ourselves or spurs is gone now. United consistent in defence and have 2-3 real top class players. Honestly if they go the whole thing together they have the players to be very dangerous but Jose won't let them off the leash I feel. Next season I reckon will be a lot tighter affair in terms of the League as we are building nicely too and you never know with Chelsea. Spurs will depend on their ins and outs, players and management. 

Syferus

For those who suggested Martial wouldn't have been interested in going to Arsenal as part of the Sanchez move:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6079808/manchester-united-anthony-martial-arsenal-transfer-january-jose-mourinho-twitter/

And secondly, turns out Van Gaal is a bit of a racist on top of being a dick:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6088909/louis-van-gaal-text-rafael-manchester-united/

Cunny Funt

Why are you linking articles from the scummy Sun? How they are still in operations I'll never know.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 20, 2018, 04:28:02 PM
Why are you linking articles from the scummy Sun? How they are still in operations I'll never know.

When you're quoting the cousin of the player and the player himself in the case of Rafael the source is fairly matterless.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on April 20, 2018, 04:31:05 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 20, 2018, 04:28:02 PM

When you're quoting the cousin of the player and the player himself in the case of Rafael the source is fairly matterless.

i have many cousins who i wouldnt call reliable so no doubt martial has also.

not doubting what you say re the allegations at all but couldnt bring myself to link to the sun even

seafoid

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/john-giles-my-premier-league-team-of-the-year-is-based-on-hard-grafters-and-class-acts-36828008.html

David de Gea (Manchester United)

He has been United's best player by some distance for the last four years and has saved the club a great deal of embarrassment.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU