FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I arrived late so only saw after he'd been switched over so didn't see what happened before then. I find the guy very frustrating with how little he looks up and I do think that Coleman is significantly less of an influence with him there as he's so greedy that Coleman's attacking runs are a waste of time a lot of the time. That being said maybe he's the best option. It is about time he learnt though - he's been playing long enough.

Serbia are a very good team. Matic a standout player and true world class. If Long could finish we could have won the game but realistically wouldn't have deserved it. Some very nice wee moves put together on one or two occasions. Too much possession conceded though.

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 06, 2014, 11:34:22 AM
I arrived late so only saw after he'd been switched over so didn't see what happened before then. I find the guy very frustrating with how little he looks up and I do think that Coleman is significantly less of an influence with him there as he's so greedy that Coleman's attacking runs are a waste of time a lot of the time. That being said maybe he's the best option. It is about time he learnt though - he's been playing long enough.

Serbia are a very good team. Matic a standout player and true world class. If Long could finish we could have won the game but realistically wouldn't have deserved it. Some very nice wee moves put together on one or two occasions. Too much possession conceded though.

Started brightly. Anything good we did in the first half involved Wes Hoolahan, scary how much we rely on Keane because Long's finishing is very ropey.

Agree re McLean, headless chicken if every there was one, he's a championship type player. I like how he gets stuck in, could do with a few more lads to do it but I think Robbie Brady is a much better option when he's fit.

Serbia played some cracking stuff, you can see why they didn't qualify though for the WC, all over the shop for the first 20 mins. Matic tore McCarthy to pieces.

rodney trotter

Seems Noble is to declare for Ireland, could do a lot worse. He has been a solid performer in the PL.

DennistheMenace

He's a quality player, would be a good addition.

general

quality, bit of depth now. fingers crossed this signalls the end of paul green

rodney trotter

Hopefully so, always thought Noble was underrated.

Under Lights

Has his best football played at this stage. He is 32 years of age.

beer baron

Noble's a decent player,but i wouldn't be getting over excited at the prospect of him in the Ireland squad,he's probably as good or better than anyone other than Mc Carthy in there but he's not going to improve us dramatically.

beer baron

Quote from: Under Lights on August 29, 2014, 11:44:32 AM

The man's still in his 20's. You're probably thinking of Nolan who was linked to us before.

DennistheMenace

Under Lights

Quote from: beer baron on August 29, 2014, 11:57:05 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 29, 2014, 11:44:32 AM

The man's still in his 20's. You're probably thinking of Nolan who was linked to us before.

That's exactly what I've done. Mark Nobel a match better signing. Good stuff.

general

if it keeps that clown paul green out im happy

always a discussion about players representing other countries. if he intends to stand for our flag and anthem he is welcome IMO. I think hes a better player than jack colback who has made the england squad.

J OGorman

Quote from: general on August 29, 2014, 12:16:38 PM
if it keeps that clown paul green out im happy

always a discussion about players representing other countries. if he intends to stand for our flag and anthem he is welcome IMO. I think hes a better player than jack colback who has made the england squad.

replacements for Andrews and Whelan and we're moving in the right direction :-)

rodney trotter

It's not like Ireland can pass the chance of a Pl player playing for then. He wanted to play for
England up to now but didn't get the call,  still if he makes a impact in the Euro qualifiers I doubt many will care. A better player then Whelan too.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.