British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

The ongoing problem with the victims/survivors/legacy issues would suggest that this will not be possible.

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on September 09, 2018, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: Orior on September 09, 2018, 11:22:16 AM
Wouldn't it be better if we ditched the past?
No.

Then let's start with a victims commissioner for the 1641 Rebellion.

Or are you going to draw the line for what is in scope?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on September 09, 2018, 12:12:50 PM
Quote from: Orior on September 09, 2018, 12:01:51 PM
No.

If their loved ones are still hurting, demanding to know the truth and trying to clear their names, I wish them the best of luck.
In relation to Ballymurphy, these families have sat back and watched their loved one's killers be hailed as heroes, awarded and indeed knighted for their actions in the British military. Meanwhile, those innocents who were murdered in cold blood were vilified as terrorists.
It may be easy for you to "ditch it" but I don't know where you get off telling these families to "ditch it".

Okay. Maybe if I said I had a brother killed in the Troubles? If I had two relations killed in the Troubles can I "get off" as you put it?

Everybody has suffered.

Itchy

Quote from: Orior on September 09, 2018, 01:46:54 PM
No.

If their loved ones are still hurting, demanding to know the truth and trying to clear their names, I wish them the best of luck.
In relation to Ballymurphy, these families have sat back and watched their loved one's killers be hailed as heroes, awarded and indeed knighted for their actions in the British military. Meanwhile, those innocents who were murdered in cold blood were vilified as terrorists.
It may be easy for you to "ditch it" but I don't know where you get off telling these families to "ditch it".

Okay. Maybe if I said I had a brother killed in the Troubles? If I had two relations killed in the Troubles can I "get off" as you put it?

Everybody has suffered.

Some people and families can't move on without closure. These people had their relatives slurred as gun men, they want that righted.  Others who lost family just want to move on. Neither group has the right to tell the other what they should do in my opinion.

Ambrose

No.

Castle Catholicism at its finest yet again from Orior, hardly surprising from someone who describes himself as northern Irish.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on September 09, 2018, 01:55:03 PM
No.

Everybody has suffered.
No. It is not up to you to tell anyone else when it is time to move on and "ditch the past".

No I wont tell anyone to ditch the past. Otherwise we would lose out on annual 1690 celebrations, and Remembrance Sunday.

I would also like the british to own up and admit they acted outside the law, but the wont. So we are doomed to live in a stalemate.

GJL

No.

Everybody has suffered.

Did you?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on September 09, 2018, 08:48:11 PM
No.

Everybody has suffered.

Did you?

Does it matter if he has or not? Not a family I knew where I grew up didn't have a relative that was maimed shot or witnessed shootings..

I think he's asking the question when will we put it behind us to move forward? I'm for a truth commission myself, but I can totally understand the plight of the Ballymurphy families.. and any other families that suffered loss without getting closure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Saw that Unquiet Graves film last night about the Glennane Gang - had it's North American premiere here.

Very powerful movie - some scenes were harrowing - like the widow of Pat Campbell having to identify her husband's killer Robin Jackson.

For the life of me - I'd also never heard that story about them wanting to shoot up a primary school in retaliation for Kingsmills.  :o

trailer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 30, 2019, 02:14:58 PM
Saw that Unquiet Graves film last night about the Glennane Gang - had it's North American premiere here.

Very powerful movie - some scenes were harrowing - like the widow of Pat Campbell having to identify her husband's killer Robin Jackson.

For the life of me - I'd also never heard that story about them wanting to shoot up a primary school in retaliation for Kingsmills.  :o

Yes, a very emotive docu-film. I watched it in the company of a lot of the families and it was an extremely tough watch. The opening scene epitomises the horror and what it was like trying to do innocent everyday things like coming home from a GAA game.
Did they have a Q&A afterwards with the director Sean Murray?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: trailer on May 30, 2019, 02:33:44 PM

Yes, a very emotive docu-film. I watched it in the company of a lot of the families and it was an extremely tough watch. The opening scene epitomises the horror and what it was like trying to do innocent everyday things like coming home from a GAA game.

Yes - actually the brother one of the guys killed in that opening scene lives here now and was at the film last night.

They did have a Q&A afterwards yes - very interested in his next piece that he's filming right now about David Kelly - the scientist behind the Iraq War WMD dossier

trailer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 30, 2019, 02:53:23 PM

Yes - actually the brother one of the guys killed in that opening scene lives here now and was at the film last night.

They did have a Q&A afterwards yes - very interested in his next piece that he's filming right now about David Kelly - the scientist behind the Iraq War WMD dossier

Toronto - yes of course.
For anyone who hasn't seen the film I think it will be on Amazon later this year. It is a must watch. An insight into what living in NI and being Nationalist was like. A population targeted by paramilitary, military and police forces every single day. 
I didn't know that was his next project. Should be very interesting.

marty34

Quote from: trailer on May 30, 2019, 04:56:41 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 30, 2019, 02:53:23 PM

Toronto - yes of course.
For anyone who hasn't seen the film I think it will be on Amazon later this year. It is a must watch. An insight into what living in NI and being Nationalist was like. A population targeted by paramilitary, military and police forces every single day. 
I didn't know that was his next project. Should be very interesting.

Did I hesr it will be on RtÉ in the summer?

Everybody in the 26 counties should watch it, if they get a chance.

Gabriel_Hurl

Yes - the director mentioned last night that RTE will be airing it in July

You can rent stream it here - https://www.journeyman.tv/film/7506/unquiet-graves#payments_modal_on and on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbIapo51iQ

Hereiam

Finally watched "no stone unturned" last night. Really does show what was going on back then and most likely still is with handlers etc. The way the so called Police are behaving even today shows that Catholics are not safe with this shower of c**ts