The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 12, 2018, 02:03:05 PM
Why would the defence not be allowed to submit such a thing as evidence??? If it was true??

The number of grown ups on here engaging in the wildest speculation, tittle tattle and gossip and posting opinions based on the flimsiest of rumours is amazing. And sad.

Have you time travelled here from the 18th Century or something?!

Welcome to the new world!!!

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: David McKeown on March 12, 2018, 02:12:43 PM
Why would the defence not be allowed to submit such a thing as evidence??? If it was true??

The number of grown ups on here engaging in the wildest speculation, tittle tattle and gossip and posting opinions based on the flimsiest of rumours is amazing. And sad.

There's plenty of legal reasons why such evidence couldn't be adduced if and I stress if it were true in the first place. There are very strict rules on the admissibility of a complainants previous sexual history in rape trials and for good reasons. Just because it hasn't been admitted doesn't mean it's either true or not true.

could those be some of the legal issues the court has been dealing with?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Syferus

As clockwork as rain, insinuations against a rape victim. What a tired and old playbook.

Keyser soze

No I havent travelled from the 18fh C, but I did ...completely wrongly as it turns out....think that most of the posters on here were good solid Gaa heads who wouldnt stoop to the lowest common denominator in a situation like this. Sickening to see people that seemed sensible and decent almost doing themselves an injury in their haste to post the most scurrilous shite they heard down the pub the night before.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on March 12, 2018, 02:41:03 PM
As clockwork as rain, insinuations against a rape victim. What a tired and old playbook.

Insinuations?  No absolutely not. She allegedly made a complaint before. No one made any insinuation. Frankly Syferus the way you have behaved on here over this whole case is shocking. You have these men hung drawn and quartered based on the reports from the media. I know for an absolute fact that not everything is reported as I know people involved in it and am keeping my counsel. There is a pretty strong possibility of acquittal here due to the level of confusion and what Dinny referred to in regards to the what his Garda friend stated is very much the case it seems. You don't know if she was raped. You believe she was. No one on here does. 

David McKeown

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 12, 2018, 02:17:54 PM

There's plenty of legal reasons why such evidence couldn't be adduced if and I stress if it were true in the first place. There are very strict rules on the admissibility of a complainants previous sexual history in rape trials and for good reasons. Just because it hasn't been admitted doesn't mean it's either true or not true.

Hard to know. Legal issues pop up in all trials.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

Quote from: David McKeown on March 12, 2018, 02:54:15 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 12, 2018, 02:17:54 PM

Hard to know. Legal issues pop up in all trials.

Just for interest sake David what are the types of legal issues that are holding up the trial? They didn't start until 2pm today because of a legal issue again.

What kind of issues are they?

AQMP

Nasty first question from the Prosecution to Harrison

P: Would you agree if the complainant is telling the truth then you, Jackson, Olding & McIlroy have good reason to lie?

RH: Yes 

theskull1

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 12, 2018, 02:50:32 PM

Insinuations?  No absolutely not. She allegedly made a complaint before. No one made any insinuation. Frankly Syferus the way you have behaved on here over this whole case is shocking. You have these men hung drawn and quartered based on the reports from the media. I know for an absolute fact that not everything is reported as I know people involved in it and am keeping my counsel. There is a pretty strong possibility of acquittal here due to the level of confusion and what Dinny referred to in regards to the what his Garda friend stated is very much the case it seems. You don't know if she was raped. You believe she was. No one on here does.

Given his demeanour and position on this thread from the get go ..... this is how I imagine him
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AQMP

If Rosanna Cooney's tweets are accurate, it looks like a bit of a car crash from Harrison here.

AQMP

Cooney and Frank Greaney both tweet that when asked why he (RH) didn't tell the police he had received a text from the complainant saying "what happened last night wasn't consensual" gives the classic answer "because they didn't ask me"

quit yo jibbajabba

ah jaysus I tip off for a couple of hours and miss something. what did dinny say...asking for a friend  :D

generally speaking, "not the first time this has happened etc etc"...would this be about it....

must go check in on rosanna, she don't be deleting no tweets I tell thee!

TabClear

Dont waste your time BCB. The majority of the people on here are not arrogant enough to believe they know everything and  freely admit they have not got a clue what went on that night and just want justice done i.e. if they are guilty throw the book at them, if not acquit.

People have speculated what might have happened and discussed the legal issues/challenges facing the jury etc but at every juncture Syferus comes on here on his crusade and basically casts everyone who even contemplates a scenario that does not align with his own  as rape apologists etc etc. He obviously has some insight/knowledge/superior intelligence (subject to google working and him selecting the correct reference) that he is not willing to share... ::) ::)

Syferus

You probably should have stopped there, BC1.

It's very interesting to watch how much dirt is thrown at the girl (the alleged victim) while excuses are made for the alleged rapists. Double standards doesn't begin to describe this thread.

johnnycool

Quote from: Syferus on March 12, 2018, 03:24:03 PM

You probably should have stopped there, BC1.

It's very interesting to watch how much dirt is thrown at the girl (the alleged victim) while excuses are made for the alleged rapists. Double standards doesn't begin to describe this thread.

If anything we're quite balanced in throwing dirt in this thread.  8)