Concerned Gaels

Started by give her dixie, June 20, 2018, 02:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Jayop on June 29, 2018, 04:22:35 PM
We'll there'll be no Guards in Enniskillen this weekend to take flags from anyone inside the ground so I expect to see plenty being flown.

The powers that be were more concerned with a man playing a drum on the the terrace. What has the game become... must we remain in silence whilst the game is on??

inthrough

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 01, 2018, 12:12:14 PM
We'll there'll be no Guards in Enniskillen this weekend to take flags from anyone inside the ground so I expect to see plenty being flown.

The powers that be were more concerned with a man playing a drum on the the terrace. What has the game become... must we remain in silence whilst the game is on??
What kind of a fecking eejit decides to bring a drum to a football match. Lucky it wasn't wrapped round his neck.

Itchy

Quote from: inthrough on July 01, 2018, 12:19:18 PM

What kind of a fecking eejit decides to bring a drum to a football match. Lucky it wasn't wrapped round his neck.

Saw that. What was going on?

RedHand88

Quote from: inthrough on July 01, 2018, 12:19:18 PM

Tbh it doesn't bother me. If it creates a bit of atmosphere then so be it. Look at the hill when Dublin play and it's hard to not be impressed.

inthrough

I marvelled at the Cork supporter who brought a Palestinian flag with him today considering the fact that the Cork supporters were better known for waving Confederate flags at games.

The world is indeed a strange place.

give her dixie

Well folks, and to bring you up to speed and bring some closure, and no doubt some further debate,
let me bring you all up to speed.

Following the arrest in Navan that day of the Tyrone fan with the Palestinian flag, the Gardai issued a statement
that contained 2 lies.

They said that people complained that their view of the match was obstructed by his flag, when in fact he was arrested
25 minutes before the match had begun. All video and photo evidence prove this.

The second lie is in that they said he was dealt with by way of an Adult Caution and released.

When he was released he was told he was to sign a form that said he had received an adult caution.

That was to be the end of it. July last year.

Then 5 weeks ago he received a summons to appear in Trim court last Tuesday on charges of Threatening Abusive
and Insulting behaviour.

So much for the Gardai statement saying he was dealt with by way of an Adult Caution and released?

Anyhow, myself and 2 good friends accompanied him to court on Tuesday and we had a good chat with the duty
barrister and after presenting him with the Gardai statement and the video evidence, he promised to fight
the case based on their words.

When the case came up the judge asked the Gardai clerk what was the charge before the court, he replied

"Your honor, we have no file" to which the judge replied, "Struck Out"

What a result. And as you can imagine, delighted........

What happened that day in Navan was a disgrace, and if the Gardai had of wanted to put up a case, there
was plenty of video, photos, and their own statement. to put up a defence that would have seen the case thrown out.

Justice was served last Tuesday when the case against Paddy Reilly from Dungannon was struck out because the Gardai
couldn't produce a file in court.

They tried to smear his name and character, and when push came to shove, they couldn't put a case before the judge.

Case against Dungannon man arrested after Palestinian flag incident struck out by Co Meath court

A COURT in Co Meath has struck out a case against a Tyrone man charged after a Palestinian flag was flown at a GAA match last year.

Dungannon man Paddy Reilly had been accused of engaging in threatening, abuse or insulting words or behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace.

The 41-year-old was arrested after being told by gardai to stop flying a Palestinian flag before an all-Ireland qualifier match between Meath and Tyrone in Navan last June.

A video of the Tyrone man, who needs a hip replacement and uses crutches, being taken from the terraces was later posted online.

At the time Mr Reilly was also recovering from a condition known as encephalitis - which involves the swelling of the brain.

Mr Reilly was taken to Navan Garda station and later released.

However, he later received a letter telling him he was being charged and given a date to appear in court.

He believed he had received an adult caution before leaving the Garda station.

He claims that during a hearing at Trim District Court on Tuesday a judge struck the case out.

Mr Reilly, whose father is currently ill, last night said he was pleased with the result.

"It was the last thing I needed," he said.

"I'm pleased this is struck out and I can move on with my own life and look after my da.

"It's a victory for showing solidarity for the oppressed Palestinian people in their difficult times at our national sport - the real beautiful game that is the GAA."

That incident took place weeks after an Ulster Council official ordered the removal of two Palestinian flags during an Ulster championship match featuring Tyrone and Monaghan in Omagh.

Well known Palestine campaigner John Hurson, who managed the official Tyrone social media feeds during games involving the county, was later removed from the role after he intervened in Omagh.

A spokesman for the Irish Court Service confirmed the case had been struck out.

A spokesman for An Garda Síochána it does "not comment on matters before the court".

At the time a garda spokesman said officers attending the Tyrone match "received a number of complaints from attendees that their view was obscured by a flag".

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/02/28/news/case-against-dungannon-man-arrested-after-palestinian-flag-incident-struck-out-by-co-meath-court-1562203/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

BennyCake

So, basically the coppers can do nothing about the flying of Palestinian flags at matches?

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyCake on March 01, 2019, 03:35:10 PM
So, basically the coppers can do nothing about the flying of Palestinian flags at matches?

Why would they want to?

Great result Dixie

BennyCake

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2019, 04:39:29 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 01, 2019, 03:35:10 PM

Why would they want to?

Great result Dixie

Or match stewards even.

Maybe because the suits don't like it.