Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 06, 2019, 06:54:01 PM
First game very predictable really. BK hurled around CB's system rather than straight into it.
In the second game RE were absolutely steeped. Looked totally lifeless and while it was an unbelievable finish, they scarcely deserved the goal to win it.
BK's squad looks a lot deeper than RE's going on today.
It's no surprise that it has come down to these two, and if I had to call it this evening I'd side with BK. Interesting build up to come!

Will BK finally invest in a new set of jerseys?!
What's wrong with their jerseys?

Keyser Söze

You must have nearly ran out of ppl at this stage?
Although, amalgamations often produce horrendous jerseys, don't they Don?  ;)
Hope I didn't offend the young ppl of Borris. Will they sleep tonight.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 06, 2019, 07:37:33 PM
You must have nearly ran out of ppl at this stage?
Although, amalgamations often produce horrendous jerseys, don't they Don?  ;)
Hope I didn't offend the young ppl of Borris. Will they sleep tonight.
I doubt anyone was offended, I was curious as to what was wrong with their jerseys.

Don Draper

Is JOL still hurling Senior with Brigid's? I see they're in a Senior final against Cuala

Helix.

Quote from: Don Draper on October 06, 2019, 07:40:37 PM
Is JOL still hurling Senior with Brigid's? I see they're in a Senior final against Cuala

Don't think so Don he wasn't in match programme. Dublin gaa Twitter is the link.

Don Draper

Quote from: Helix. on October 06, 2019, 07:47:06 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 06, 2019, 07:40:37 PM

Don't think so Don he wasn't in match programme. Dublin gaa Twitter is the link.
You'd imagine he'd be well fit for it.

Don Draper

Roddys goal today, delighted for him on a personal level, that must have been sweet.

https://youtu.be/MuPrjDu2_kw

The PRO

How on earth did he not get in the faces of some of the snapchat heroes from last year after the final whistle?! He's a bigger man than the whole lot of them put together. 

clonadmad

Quote from: The PRO on October 06, 2019, 08:02:58 PM
How on earth did he not get in the faces of some of the snapchat heroes from last year after the final whistle?! He's a bigger man than the whole lot of them put together.

Commendable restraint shown by him all right for once, one of the good guys proved that revenge is a dish best served cold

blueandwhite1

RE didn't hurl well today but will be elated to have beaten Camross after everything that happened last year. It was their first competitive match this year and it showed. BK much better than CB in the first and will be favourites in the final.

Roddy is a class act. Had a very poor game but came up wit the goods when it mattered.

Zooming around

Leixlad

Wasnt at the game so cant comment on how it went - but as a neutral  delighted for Roddy to get winning goal. Fair play to him he showed real class the last 12 months and after scoring the goal. What goes around comes around.

LOVEGAA

Quote from: clonadmad on October 06, 2019, 09:10:51 PM
Quote from: The PRO on October 06, 2019, 08:02:58 PM

Commendable restraint shown by him all right for once, one of the good guys proved that revenge is a dish best served cold
/quote]

This !

merman

Delighted for Ross. What a moment. An incredible finish.

On the whole, the standard wasn't hectic. Not that BK or RE will care. It has the makings of a brilliant final.

BK were deserving winners in the first game. CB were game and there was no capitulation but once BK got on top in the second half, there was no feeling that they had a counter-punch in them. To be fair, the loss of Cleere and Picky were big but I still feel BK had the winning of the game regardless.
Scully was superb on places balls and never looked like missing. Even the sideline he scored, I almost felt it was inevitable. Him aside, however, the BK forwards are still not clicking. Stephen Dunphy was better than he has been but they'll need more from Aaron, Campion and Foyle.

The second game wasn't a great spectacle either and RE sleep-walked into a game they really should have lost. Their big players didn't deliver and the game was slow and pedestrian. In the end, it was a moment of individual brilliance that decided things but they'll need a hell of a lot more the next day.

On the final, I'm not sure who RE will put on Scully. Darren Maher had a fine game on him yesterday but I'm not sure who for RE could replicate it. Perhaps Jack Kelly might need to be redeployed with Corrigan coming out.
At the other end, I think RE will ask greater questions of the BK rearguard. CB didn't commit bodies forward whereas I think RE will really go for it.
I've fancied RE all year but on yesterday's showing, I'd be inclined to lean against them.

From a county perspective, there were a couple of players who put their hands up.
Scully would be an addition but his lack of physicality remains an issue and if he's not a starter, he's not going to stick around as a panelist. Defensively, I thought Stephen Phelan and Diarmuid Conway were excellent and look like they could have something to offer.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: merman on October 07, 2019, 10:23:34 AM
Delighted for Ross. What a moment. An incredible finish.

On the whole, the standard wasn't hectic. Not that BK or RE will care. It has the makings of a brilliant final.

BK were deserving winners in the first game. CB were game and there was no capitulation but once BK got on top in the second half, there was no feeling that they had a counter-punch in them. To be fair, the loss of Cleere and Picky were big but I still feel BK had the winning of the game regardless.
Scully was superb on places balls and never looked like missing. Even the sideline he scored, I almost felt it was inevitable. Him aside, however, the BK forwards are still not clicking. Stephen Dunphy was better than he has been but they'll need more from Aaron, Campion and Foyle.

The second game wasn't a great spectacle either and RE sleep-walked into a game they really should have lost. Their big players didn't deliver and the game was slow and pedestrian. In the end, it was a moment of individual brilliance that decided things but they'll need a hell of a lot more the next day.

On the final, I'm not sure who RE will put on Scully. Darren Maher had a fine game on him yesterday but I'm not sure who for RE could replicate it. Perhaps Jack Kelly might need to be redeployed with Corrigan coming out.
At the other end, I think RE will ask greater questions of the BK rearguard. CB didn't commit bodies forward whereas I think RE will really go for it.
I've fancied RE all year but on yesterday's showing, I'd be inclined to lean against them.

From a county perspective, there were a couple of players who put their hands up.
Scully would be an addition but his lack of physicality remains an issue and if he's not a starter, he's not going to stick around as a panelist. Defensively, I thought Stephen Phelan and Diarmuid Conway were excellent and look like they could have something to offer.

Completely agree with your assessment of the matches. On the Scully question, he does the vast amount of his damage from placed balls so marking him won't keep his score down. Discipline more important especially with a fussy ref (e.g. Alan 'blow the whistle every 5 seconds' Doheny). Aaron Dunphy wasn't great yesterday but is very dangerous. C/B put alot of resources on him yesterday. Scully needs to offer more from play to warrant an intercounty berth.