Mayo v Dublin - AISF - Saturday 5pm

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 04, 2019, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2019, 01:24:42 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 09, 2019, 12:38:48 PM
It is also possible to have a family of uncles, aunties, in-laws etc. ;)
Do you really need to (or want to ;D) sit beside all of them?

You could let them all go together and you stay at home in peace with the TV.  ;D

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

TheGreatest

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 09, 2019, 01:31:11 PM
https://twitter.com/trevornaughton/status/1159757169182629888?s=21

Pride before the fall?  ;D

Not good, not good at all, however walking out of Croker last year i was offer Licence plates of Dubs Sam 2018 or something like that.  A couple of lads hoping to make a quick buck, the Dubs players will heed no notice to anything doing the rounds this week.

Hound

26.5 hours and counting!

5pm Saturday is about my favourite time for a game. Hard to believe it's come around so fast.

Take your time on those greasy roads all those travelling from the west.

highorlow

Great build up to this one. Hope we can put the heat on Dublin and see what they are like under pressure.

The forecast makes it tough for both teams and wasn't a problem for Dublin in '18 final. This time it's pressure plus rain.

If the Dubs can overcome that tomorrow they will be worthy winners.

Best of luck to the minors also. Looking forward to seeing young Murrin in full flow in Croke Park.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on August 09, 2019, 08:04:13 AM
If there's a draw after 70 mins, does it go to extra time or straight to replay?
Extra time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Halfquarter

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 09, 2019, 01:58:31 PM

Not good, not good at all, however walking out of Croker last year i was offer Licence plates of Dubs Sam 2018 or something like that.  A couple of lads hoping to make a quick buck, the Dubs players will heed no notice to anything doing the rounds this week.

Pressure all on Dublin, " drive for five , "five in al row " etc,etc.
Nothing expected from Mayo.

The Hill is Blue

Deja Vu all over again. Since 2012 a face-off between these two counties has become an annual event (almost). A couple of things are certain about tomorrow's clash:

1. From the throw-in Mayo will play like men possessed. They will play like their lives depended on winning every ball.

2. Dublin will be well prepared for Mayo's intensity. They will expect nothing less.

And who will win this titanic struggle? You might as well toss a coin. Each set of supporters will hope for the best.

It's easy to say "it's only a game" but I'm sure that every Mayo supporter would agree with me that it's much more than that.

Anyway good luck to all the travelling Mayo supporters and take it easy.

And finally I'd ask the security staff at Croker to carefully frisk Leeroy when he comes out on the pitch to ensure that he's not carrying any offensive weapons for use in the event of a late Dublin free  ;)   

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Halfquarter on August 09, 2019, 03:50:13 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 09, 2019, 01:58:31 PM

Pressure all on Dublin, " drive for five , "five in al row " etc,etc.
Nothing expected from Mayo.

Dublin are robotic like and don't seem to get caught up in the emotion of games or what is going on in the build up the opposite of Mayo and as McStay said they play with emotion and the best of them sometimes isn't seen until they are chasing a game.

Most people expect Mayo going on recent championship games between the two to push Dublin all the way tomorrow night, that's pressure in itself.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Blowitupref

So if Dublin start as selected it will be 13 changes from last week with just Byrne,McCarthy starting again. And both of those players were subbed off at half time last Sunday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Crete Boom

That is a serioursly impressive starting 15 and bench from the Dubs!

Cunny Funt

Would expect one of Cooper,McMahon to start if not both.

Hound

A bit odd having Cooper on the bench. Guaranteed starter if fit, and makes no sense to waste a space in the 26 for him if injured. Smart money would be on him replacing Mike Darragh, with McCarthy going to midfield

Brogan, O'Carroll and O'Gara miss out on 26

Only other possible change is Philly in for either Byrne or Fitz.