Tír Eoghain vs Átha Cliath, An Omaigh, Sunday 4th August @ 4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 21, 2019, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Hound on August 03, 2019, 12:02:08 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2019, 10:12:13 AM
I'm surprised at Harte knowing how seriously he treats even McKenna cup games. That said I think it is absolutely the correct decision. Even if they get a tanking then it is probably what most people will expect and practically none of his starting XV will carry any mental scars into a semi final next week. Now he has a bunch of super motivated second string players who are playing for places in the staring XV or on the bench for an AI semi final and potentially a final.
But the McKenna Cup isn't played one week before the All Ireland semi final!

There's going to be some nonsense spoke in the next 24 hours about the two managers disrespecting the competition and cheating the paying fans. The managers have to do what's best for their preparations for the All Ireland semi final, end of story.

The 2 managers are 100% correct.

Main Street

skeog

Glorified challenge game if teams were announced during week crowd be small imo.Though in fairness fringe players be chomping at bit to impress.

Whishtup

Don't see what all the fuss is about.  The 3 game series is the equivalent of a quarter final.  The job is done two thirds the way through so bring on the subs for the Dubs.  Some drama-mongering these days.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

laceer

Am after an adult and a juvenile ticket for the match tomorrow. Let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

tyrone08

Quote from: laceer on August 03, 2019, 07:07:12 PM
Am after an adult and a juvenile ticket for the match tomorrow. Let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

The supervalu in coalisland had tickets left yesterday evening. I bought a juvenile one for my niece

laceer

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: laceer on August 03, 2019, 09:38:21 PM
Cheers. Tried Supervalu this evening but no joy.

Seen quite a few on Fbook.

PM me your number and Ill see if I can sort 2.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laceer

Thanks Norf - will PM you here now. Skilfulbill kindly offered me a juvenile ticket so just after an adult one. Appreciate the response lads.

Whishtup

Hard to say who to prefer in the semis.  Probably lean towards Kerry as Mayo seem to be able to draw on a supernatural reserve of determination when required.  Intriguing game today-could be an out and out shoot-out.

Mayo4Sam14

Strange to see how this game will go later, only thing Dublin or Tyrone really gain from winning is a day less rest. It's a long trip home for Dublin too.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 04, 2019, 12:19:12 PM
Strange to see how this game will go later, only thing Dublin or Tyrone really gain from winning is a day less rest. It's a long trip home for Dublin too.

Don't think Dubs will want to lose as it would take some of the gloss of a 5 in a row. 🤪