Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 03, 2023, 07:30:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 03, 2023, 01:10:58 PM
Can you point me to some of this basic science Trailer?

Because from what I can see, there is a large range of genetic, hormonal and environmental factors which are in play in the formation of one's gender identity, and the jury is very much out on the relative contribution of all those factors, just like it is for many questions in neuroscience. My point in bringing up intersex individuals is that there are so many things that have go right, for lack of a better word, in the biological developmental process, that the end result is not always a neat either/or. And that is just anatomy we are talking about. The way the brain works is far less understood. If you are going to deny the humanity and dignity of trans people en masse and arrogantly dismiss them all as dangerous frauds, you should have some solid ground to stand on.

Would you agree there's two categories of people. Those who can get pregnant and those who can't?

My sister couldn't get pregnant, what category will we put her in?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Because from what I can see, there is a large range of genetic, hormonal and environmental factors which are in play in the formation of one's gender identity, and the jury is very much out on the relative contribution of all those factors, just like it is for many questions in neuroscience. My point in bringing up intersex individuals is that there are so many things that have go right, for lack of a better word, in the biological developmental process, that the end result is not always a neat either/or. And that is just anatomy we are talking about. The way the brain works is far less understood. If you are going to deny the humanity and dignity of trans people en masse and arrogantly dismiss them all as dangerous frauds, you should have some solid ground to stand on.

Would you agree there's two categories of people. Those who can get pregnant and those who can't?
Not all women can get pregnant.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 07:24:18 PM

Half of trans women are AGPs who get turned on by pretending to be female. The proportion with some body difference is tiny.

I don't know what an AGP is.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on July 03, 2023, 08:16:58 PM

Half of trans women are AGPs who get turned on by pretending to be female. The proportion with some body difference is tiny.

https://feministwiki.org/wiki/Autogynephilia

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 07:42:21 PM

No but they're of the nature that can get pregnant. If a woman can't get pregnant they'll run tests to try and find out why and hopefully rectify it. If I a man go to the doctor and say I can't get pregnant no doctor is gonna run tests. Agree?

So there's two groups. People who potentially can and those who definitely can't get pregnant.
It's binary.
Male and female.

Hopefully makes sense.

JoG2

Did Arnie not get pregnant about 30 years ago?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 03, 2023, 09:39:07 PM

No but they're of the nature that can get pregnant. If a woman can't get pregnant they'll run tests to try and find out why and hopefully rectify it. If I a man go to the doctor and say I can't get pregnant no doctor is gonna run tests. Agree?

So there's two groups. People who potentially can and those who definitely can't get pregnant.
It's binary.
Male and female.

Hopefully makes sense.

It does but as shown, not all things are normal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: trailer on July 03, 2023, 09:39:07 PM

It's binary.
Male and female.

Hopefully makes sense.

QED, huh?

What does any of that have to do with what I said about gender identity?

J70

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 08:38:37 PM

Ok. Are there stats to back up "half"?

What about the rest? That's still half.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2023, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 08:38:37 PM

Ok. Are there stats to back up "half"?

What about the rest? That's still half.
Same link. Blanchard. https://feministwiki.org/wiki/Autogynephilia

J70

Dr. Blanchard's work appears to  be controversial, to say the least, from a little I read about it. At the very least, it is certainly not a robust enough base on which to rationalize prejudice or discrimination against trans people.

Brendan

Just seen a rewording of On the one road, the new chorus goes "North people, South People comrades all", not quite as catchy

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

jcpen

This is one of my 3 usernames.