Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuel maguire

The whole trans situation is really getting out of hand, and its becoming dangerous. When these trans people can enter into changing rooms and bathrooms of the opposite sex then this is very worrying and potentially dangerous.

Anyone who agrees with the whole trans thing really needs their head looked at. These people are mentally unwell, i can't walk into the bank and ask for 1 million quid, because I identify as a millionaire. You are born with a set of reproductive organs and a DNA trail of a certain gender 99.9% of the time(i know there is a small chance you can be born with both sex organs). To then turn around and say you identify as something other than your biological makeup has be down to a mental disorder. These people think in their heads they are something other than they are.

These trans people are a very small percentage of the population, and the majority of the rest of the population is having their human rights violated to uphold the crazy rights these trans people are expecting.

I know this might come across s offensive to some people, and this has not been my intention. I am really curious to what others think about the whole situation??

tonto1888

Quote from: samuel maguire on February 27, 2023, 09:57:35 AM
The whole trans situation is really getting out of hand, and its becoming dangerous. When these trans people can enter into changing rooms and bathrooms of the opposite sex then this is very worrying and potentially dangerous.

Anyone who agrees with the whole trans thing really needs their head looked at. These people are mentally unwell, i can't walk into the bank and ask for 1 million quid, because I identify as a millionaire. You are born with a set of reproductive organs and a DNA trail of a certain gender 99.9% of the time(i know there is a small chance you can be born with both sex organs). To then turn around and say you identify as something other than your biological makeup has be down to a mental disorder. These people think in their heads they are something other than they are.

These trans people are a very small percentage of the population, and the majority of the rest of the population is having their human rights violated to uphold the crazy rights these trans people are expecting.

I know this might come across s offensive to some people, and this has not been my intention. I am really curious to what others think about the whole situation??

Read the thread

Milltown Row2

What's your views on people that are gay? Mental disorder or attention seekers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2023, 07:29:19 AM

Again, why do people conflate these two things? You'll be talking about abortion next...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 01, 2023, 07:37:35 AM

Again, why do people conflate these two things? You'll be talking about abortion next...

I'm just asking him, not you, he's a big lad, I'm sure he can answer for himself.

I'd be keen to hear his views on something that isn't the 'norm'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 01, 2023, 07:37:35 AM

Leaving aside the bona fides of the poster Samuel maguire, it's a perfectly legitimate question.

The same shit was leveled at gay people for years and years. Still is by some.

seafoid

If the trans phenomenon is not different to gays or lesbians a generation ago, why are so many gays and lesbians opposed to it ?
Simon Fanshawe was one of the founders of Stonewall, a gay and lesbian lobby group which was subsequently taken over by trans lobbyists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUdhe6GdPA&t=7s

He used to be on That's Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyyf8PWFA6U

blanketattack

"Imagine sharing a dressing room with them"
"Imagine sharing a communal shower with them"
"Imagine having to mark or tackle them"
"They're disgusting"

Regular comments from people 20+ years ago about gay people, regular comments today about trans people.

Milltown Row2

If he isn't an Angelo type poster I'll eat my hat!!

Talks about small percentages... What percentages does he think recognise as being gay?

jcpen

What's peoples views on other trans movements. People who claim to be Transracial and Transabled just for an example.Are these people also to be taken seriously? I mean what's the difference between wanting to chop your penis off and wanting to chop your arm off so you can be disabled?
I think a lot of it is actual mental illness.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

J70

So there's a "movement " out there of people wanting to chop their arms off so they too can be disabled??

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2023, 10:26:54 AM
So there's a "movement " out there of people wanting to chop their arms off so they too can be disabled??
Well there are people who identity as those things so what's your opinion on them?
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Armagh18

Quote from: blanketattack on March 01, 2023, 10:18:24 AM
"Imagine sharing a dressing room with them"
"Imagine sharing a communal shower with them"
"Imagine having to mark or tackle them"
"They're disgusting"

Regular comments from people 20+ years ago about gay people, regular comments today about trans people.
Completely different issues and comparing them/lumping both into the same category is making a mockery of the whole gay/lesbian rights movement. Whoever you are having sex with isn't gonna affect how fast you can run/how hard you can punch etc but if you've grown up as a man and suddenly decided you want chop bits off yourself and identify as a woman then no problem but that doesn't mean you should get access to womens changing rooms or be able to compete against them in sport.

Being gay/lesbian is fine- it does zero harm to other people. Being trans is fine- as long as it doesn't negatively affect other people especially through safety issues in sport.

Look at that rapist in Scotland who decided he was a woman after raping 2 women? Madness.

Saffrongael

Yeah and in Scotland you don't have to chop anything off, you just say you are a woman now by "self identifying" and away you go
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

J70

Quote from: jcpen on March 01, 2023, 10:31:41 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 01, 2023, 10:26:54 AM
Well there are people who identity as those things so what's your opinion on them?

I would hope you need a medical confirmation to back up your request for a disabled parking pass.

Aside from that I don't have much of an opinion at all.

Homosexuality was once officially written off as mental illness. Did you agree with that?