Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Nobody has to transition to be trans. 90% don't. So any man can announce that he is a woman and have access to the henhouse
or compete in female sports.
Any woman can claim to be a man and ask gay men for a shag. There is no quality control.
Any man in prison can claim to be a woman in order to move to the female space.

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2023, 08:21:35 PM
Nobody has to transition to be trans. 90% don't. So any man can announce that he is a woman and have access to the henhouse
Any woman can claim to be a man and ask gay men for a shag. There is no quality control.

Do you genuinely have nothing better to do than spout about what people, who will have absolutely no impact on your life, do with their lives?

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 08:18:10 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 07:42:10 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 07:18:08 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 06:01:41 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 02:56:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 08:54:58 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 23, 2023, 08:05:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 07:24:16 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2023, 11:58:35 PM
I know 4 transgender teenagers and I regret to say in all 4 cases it's flat out attention seeking

Aye, dead on!!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

It's alot more popular in America than people in Europe realise. And its growing rapidly.

Again I'll go back to a post I put up earlier, no one chooses to be different and then take all the flack that comes with it, yes it's easier to deal with nowadays that 20 years ago, but if you think this is a trend like the New romantics or Punk then I don't know what to say!

There are better ways to get attention with less comebacks

Take all the flack?   Are you on drugs?

No one can look at you sideways if you identify as non binary or transgender?

They have an "affinity" club up at the high school with safe spaces and funding for all types of programs and participating in conferences....etc

And yet they receive multiple times more cases of abuse. Maybe that is why safe spaces are needed?

Last year, there was a scuffle outside a high school basketball game and a trans student was verbally and physically assaulted  (pushed/shoved but did not sustain any injuries)

The teenagers involved were charged with hate crimes and hypothetically could have gotten 10 years in jail. Anyone who'd harass of assault a trans or non binary person is in for a world of hurt....and rightly so

Again, punishments may be required to deal with the much higher numbers of abuse these people suffer. That could be why safe spaces are required. What's the issue with a safe space anyway? Seriously?
Who said I have an issue with it?

I think it's great

Someone made a comment about trans/non binary people "getting flak"-part of my response was that they have all types of protections including safe spaces (that other bullied people don't have)
My point is that those safe spaces are obviously needed due to the level of abuse. It kind of shows how it's not an easy decision to make and I doubt many do it out of attention seeking.

I personally know 4 teenagers who are identifying as a gender other than the one they were born with  and my opinion, knowing their parents and their family dynamics, is that this is flat out attention seeking

This  opinion is shared by several other parents who know these kids-and these parents are pretty much all Democrats and liberal even by Massachusetts standards

These kids who are transitioning are taking very little if any flak, because they are now a super protected class. Try and bully a transgender teen and you'll end up with civil rights charges

But that's just your opinion. And I'll be honest, I struggle to believe it. I think the fact that you know 4 transgender teenagers, and believe all 4 are doing it for attention says more about your outlook than theirs to be honest.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Gmac

in the female prison there lies 75 women
It's among them I wish I did dwell
And the auld triangle went jingle jangle

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2023, 08:29:46 PM

Do you genuinely have nothing better to do than spout about what people, who will have absolutely no impact on your life, do with their lives?
I have a wife and I have a daughter . How many trans in your family ?
Anyway this bullshit will die with neoliberalism. It's nothing more than a culture war.

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 08:34:19 PM
I know 4 transgender teenagers and I regret to say in all 4 cases it's flat out attention seeking

Aye, dead on!!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

It's alot more popular in America than people in Europe realise. And its growing rapidly.

Again I'll go back to a post I put up earlier, no one chooses to be different and then take all the flack that comes with it, yes it's easier to deal with nowadays that 20 years ago, but if you think this is a trend like the New romantics or Punk then I don't know what to say!

They have an "affinity" club up at the high school with safe spaces and funding for all types of programs and participating in conferences....etc

And yet they receive multiple times more cases of abuse. Maybe that is why safe spaces are needed?

Last year, there was a scuffle outside a high school basketball game and a trans student was verbally and physically assaulted  (pushed/shoved but did not sustain any injuries)

The teenagers involved were charged with hate crimes and hypothetically could have gotten 10 years in jail. Anyone who'd harass of assault a trans or non binary person is in for a world of hurt....and rightly so

Again, punishments may be required to deal with the much higher numbers of abuse these people suffer. That could be why safe spaces are required. What's the issue with a safe space anyway? Seriously?

I think it's great

Someone made a comment about trans/non binary people "getting flak"-part of my response was that they have all types of protections including safe spaces (that other bullied people don't have)
My point is that those safe spaces are obviously needed due to the level of abuse. It kind of shows how it's not an easy decision to make and I doubt many do it out of attention seeking.

I personally know 4 teenagers who are identifying as a gender other than the one they were born with  and my opinion, knowing their parents and their family dynamics, is that this is flat out attention seeking

This  opinion is shared by several other parents who know these kids-and these parents are pretty much all Democrats and liberal even by Massachusetts standards

These kids who are transitioning are taking very little if any flak, because they are now a super protected class. Try and bully a transgender teen and you'll end up with civil rights charges

But that's just your opinion. And I'll be honest, I struggle to believe it. I think the fact that you know 4 transgender teenagers, and believe all 4 are doing it for attention says more about your outlook than theirs to be honest.

It's gone completely insane here in Massachusetts

I personally know 4 as they were in my sons class-3 are boys who identify as girls and one is a girl identifying as a boy

I forgot about another one- girl who came out as bisexual-her significant other is a guy who identifies as a woman and a lesbian woman at that. So she's in a lesbian relationship with a biological guy

I know of about 6 others who are either trans or non binary-they are on the local paper every week

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2023, 08:53:42 PMculture war

I was worried you wouldn't get that phrase posted today - well done

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 23, 2023, 08:58:26 PM

He must get a quid for mentioning neoliberalism every time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 08:54:02 PM

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

I personally know 4 as they were in my sons class-3 are boys who identify as girls and one is a girl identifying as a boy

I forgot about another one- girl who came out as bisexual-her significant other is a guy who identifies as a woman and a lesbian woman at that. So she's in a lesbian relationship with a biological guy

I know of about 6 others who are either trans or non binary-they are on the local paper every week

You're clearly trying to paint a picture that people go through the process of transitioning for attention. I call that complete bollix tbh. I think this is an opinion you've formed that's more to do with your outlook than theirs.

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 23, 2023, 08:58:26 PM

If it was about genuine transsexuals I wouldn't care. But when murderers in prison claim to be women in order to get better conditions and mediocre men win female swimming titles and there is chaos in Primark unisex changing rooms it is a culture war against women. It's not about protecting a vulnerable minority.

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 09:04:23 PM

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

You're clearly trying to paint a picture that people go through the process of transitioning for attention. I call that complete bollix tbh. I think this is an opinion you've formed that's more to do with your outlook than theirs.

Just to be clear, for now they are just identifying as the opposite gender-they dress as the opposite sex, changed their names and pronouns etc

No one had had surgery (yet)

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 09:27:40 PM

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

Just to be clear, for now they are just identifying as the opposite gender-they dress as the opposite sex, changed their names and pronouns etc

But still leaving themselves open for higher levels of abuse. Maybe they should hid it, just to save from being called an attention seeker!!

seafoid

BTW 2 polarised groups on the board discussing a topic is the definition of a culture war.

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 09:32:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 09:27:40 PM

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

But still leaving themselves open for higher levels of abuse. Maybe they should hid it, just to save from being called an attention seeker!!

Who's calling them attention seekers ? (to their faces)

That's just my opinion (one shared by plenty of others too)

What would I have to gain by bullying or confronting a transgender teen?