Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on February 23, 2023, 03:17:04 PM
Thread totally lost the run of itself!
Can I just ask are we saying transgender people should be allowed to play ladies GAA or not? For me it's a definite no but I'd be interested to see what everyone else says.

Can they play then the other way round?

I remember being in Churchhill in Donegal a thousand years ago, we were up as a club for the week, best of times, anyways we played the local club and they coach said, "look we've a few girls on the team, is that ok" we though aye grand, the girls bate the shit out of the lads!! some craic ..

Though Donegal women are tough ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Judith Butler is the intellectual driver of the trans project.
She says you can act into whatever gender you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7o2LYATDc

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 02:56:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 08:54:58 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 23, 2023, 08:05:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 07:24:16 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 22, 2023, 11:58:35 PM
I know 4 transgender teenagers and I regret to say in all 4 cases it's flat out attention seeking

Aye, dead on!!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

It's alot more popular in America than people in Europe realise. And its growing rapidly.

Again I'll go back to a post I put up earlier, no one chooses to be different and then take all the flack that comes with it, yes it's easier to deal with nowadays that 20 years ago, but if you think this is a trend like the New romantics or Punk then I don't know what to say!

There are better ways to get attention with less comebacks

Take all the flack?   Are you on drugs?

No one can look at you sideways if you identify as non binary or transgender?

They have an "affinity" club up at the high school with safe spaces and funding for all types of programs and participating in conferences....etc

And yet they receive multiple times more cases of abuse. Maybe that is why safe spaces are needed?

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 23, 2023, 03:09:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2023, 02:54:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2023, 02:49:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 23, 2023, 02:11:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 23, 2023, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 11:09:54 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 22, 2023, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 10:01:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 04:46:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 04:42:14 PM
So transsexuals are really all would-be villains out to deceive the innocent public?

Sophisticated debating all right there lads.
I can identify as a f**king tree if i want, I'll still be as much of a tree as a man who identifies as a woman is one!

Except that humans have a varying range of developmental, physiological and other factors which contribute to their gender identity, none of which have anything to do with trees.
None of which trump the science of whats between your legs!

Where does hermaphrodites come in this science?
Yeah they make up a hugeeee percent of the population ffs

What percentage of the population do left handers make? Haemophiliacs? People with AB blood type? People who have a voice range of six octaves? IQs above 180? Or below 70? People who are above 7 feet tall? People who are allergic to water?

Are they all "against science"?
There is a word in Irish for left handed people and for gay people. Such people occur in every generation.
There is no word for a man who thinks he is a woman despite the fact that he still has his wedding tackle because this is made up. It did not exist before and it will not exist in the future.

Sumerian and Akkadian texts from 4,500 years ago document priests known as gala who may have been transgender. In Ancient Greece, Phrygia, and Rome, there were galli priests that some scholars believe to have been trans women.
Hermaphrodites and real transsexuals have always existed in very small numbers. The current cult is about 30 years old and includes a much larger number of people who think they can act themselves into changing sex. There is a lot of money behind it. It would be better to put the money into Ulster hurling.

Cult. You really are a p***k
#projection

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 04:59:10 PM
I know 4 transgender teenagers and I regret to say in all 4 cases it's flat out attention seeking

Aye, dead on!!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

It's alot more popular in America than people in Europe realise. And its growing rapidly.

Again I'll go back to a post I put up earlier, no one chooses to be different and then take all the flack that comes with it, yes it's easier to deal with nowadays that 20 years ago, but if you think this is a trend like the New romantics or Punk then I don't know what to say!

They have an "affinity" club up at the high school with safe spaces and funding for all types of programs and participating in conferences....etc

And yet they receive multiple times more cases of abuse. Maybe that is why safe spaces are needed?

Last year, there was a scuffle outside a high school basketball game and a trans student was verbally and physically assaulted  (pushed/shoved but did not sustain any injuries)

The teenagers involved were charged with hate crimes and hypothetically could have gotten 10 years in jail. Anyone who'd harass of assault a trans or non binary person is in for a world of hurt....and rightly so

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 06:01:41 PM

Aye, dead on!!

Last year, there was a scuffle outside a high school basketball game and a trans student was verbally and physically assaulted  (pushed/shoved but did not sustain any injuries)

The teenagers involved were charged with hate crimes and hypothetically could have gotten 10 years in jail. Anyone who'd harass of assault a trans or non binary person is in for a world of hurt....and rightly so

Again, punishments may be required to deal with the much higher numbers of abuse these people suffer. That could be why safe spaces are required. What's the issue with a safe space anyway? Seriously?

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 06:58:55 PM

Aye, dead on!!

Again, punishments may be required to deal with the much higher numbers of abuse these people suffer. That could be why safe spaces are required. What's the issue with a safe space anyway? Seriously?
Who said I have an issue with it?

I think it's great

Someone made a comment about trans/non binary people "getting flak"-part of my response was that they have all types of protections including safe spaces (that other bullied people don't have)

trueblue1234

Quote from: whitey on February 23, 2023, 07:18:08 PM

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

Someone made a comment about trans/non binary people "getting flak"-part of my response was that they have all types of protections including safe spaces (that other bullied people don't have)
My point is that those safe spaces are obviously needed due to the level of abuse. It kind of shows how it's not an easy decision to make and I doubt many do it out of attention seeking.

tonto1888

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

There was a 16 year old trans girl murdered in England recently. She didn't have a safe space. Safe spaces are definitely a good thing. Not just for trans people but for anyone who feels they need it

Milltown Row2

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

So let me get this right, you think someone goes out of their way to be different to take flack and bullied to get attention?

Then go on about them getting protections? Why would they need protection or safe places ? Are they being bullied?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 23, 2023, 02:12:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 23, 2023, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 11:09:54 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 22, 2023, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 10:01:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 04:46:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 04:42:14 PM
So transsexuals are really all would-be villains out to deceive the innocent public?

Sophisticated debating all right there lads.
I can identify as a f**king tree if i want, I'll still be as much of a tree as a man who identifies as a woman is one!

Except that humans have a varying range of developmental, physiological and other factors which contribute to their gender identity, none of which have anything to do with trees.
None of which trump the science of whats between your legs!

Where does hermaphrodites come in this science?
Yeah they make up a hugeeee percent of the population ffs

What percentage of the population do left handers make? Haemophiliacs? People with AB blood type? People who have a voice range of six octaves? IQs above 180? Or below 70? People who are above 7 feet tall? People who are allergic to water?

Are they all "against science"?
What are you on about

You're making some kind of argument on the basis of percent of the population.

Just making the bleeding obvious point that your point is utter nonsense.

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 23, 2023, 07:42:10 PM

Aye, dead on!!

I think it's great

My point is that those safe spaces are obviously needed due to the level of abuse. It kind of shows how it's not an easy decision to make and I doubt many do it out of attention seeking.

I personally know 4 teenagers who are identifying as a gender other than the one they were born with  and my opinion, knowing their parents and their family dynamics, is that this is flat out attention seeking

This  opinion is shared by several other parents who know these kids-and these parents are pretty much all Democrats and liberal even by Massachusetts standards

These kids who are transitioning are taking very little if any flak, because they are now a super protected class. Try and bully a transgender teen and you'll end up with civil rights charges