ABK - Anyone But Kildare?

Started by ONeill, July 05, 2012, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2012, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 05, 2012, 10:25:35 PM
Yeah I read that Anglo Celt piece before  thought it was very brave of the writer to imply he fakes injuries with nothing to back it up except hearsay.

The writer would know a damn site more than you do about what goes on in cavan football since a third of the paper each week is dedicated to it. Ye will soon learn the truth.

I hope he plays and destroys Cavan, after reading what you have written Myles i hope Cavan never win another game with of course, the exception of  Down.

Relax, have a beer and quit fixating on a player who isnt on your panel, in short, get over it ffs!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Scarlet

lads the word mythology comes up a lot and the team is a lot likle their manager.
like geezer is given this aura by the media similar to that of keano.
then he takes over a football mad county on the edge of journoville and we get bigged up for years.
the amount of times me and my mate left croker and indeed lge matches saying "we're not as good as we're made out to be is a joke".
now there is a backlash and we just have to lump it. the dubs got it for years at times from everyone bar the hearld but they have sam so dont give a shite.
we are like spurs, there or thereabouts and can play class but never do it against the real powers.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: stew on July 05, 2012, 11:22:52 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2012, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 05, 2012, 10:25:35 PM
Yeah I read that Anglo Celt piece before  thought it was very brave of the writer to imply he fakes injuries with nothing to back it up except hearsay.

The writer would know a damn site more than you do about what goes on in cavan football since a third of the paper each week is dedicated to it. Ye will soon learn the truth.

I hope he plays and destroys Cavan, after reading what you have written Myles i hope Cavan never win another game with of course, the exception of  Down.

Relax, have a beer and quit fixating on a player who isnt on your panel, in short, get over it ffs!

I will if you point out one untruth in my posts.

ck

I speak for many when I say (and I hope you appreciate that I am just being honest here) that I hope Cavan hammer Kildare, I hope Johnston plays and gets hammered, and I hope McGeeney gets hammered by the press for the whole big mess that his arrogance created.

Kildare people should note that this is NOT some sort of press and public backlash - don't flatter yourselves. It's a public frustration at the way you have given two fingers up to the GAA through the Seanie Johnston farce. Before it all I'd say most of the country would have been delighted to see Kildare winning (I know I would have) but McGeeney et al have stepped over the line for me and as a result we are all looking forward to giving him two fingers when you loose in the qualifiers.  What goes around comes around.

Ohtoohtobe

Myles you really seem to have hated Seanie Johnston well before he left. If so, surely you're delighted he's gone. So why all the bitterness?

You hated him, he's gone. Why be vindictive?

I don't agree with the transfer, but it's a lot of hatred over a player that Cavan didn't want.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2012, 05:02:56 PM

Throughout this whole episode its been all about me me me, to hell with Cavan, Cavan supporters, Cavan Gaels or their volunteers and supporters.

Cant argue with that

The pressure will be like a rock tied around his neck and  I have seen how Mr Johnston reacts when the pressure is really on.

If he plays he will be under pressure like never before but nobody here can tell how much pressure someone will feel but he does not react well under pressure or things not going his way

A sly kick at an opposing player, abuse the ref or abuse his own player.

Again all these things happen when things arent going seanies way. so cant argue with that either

Lads we all know that Myles has no time for Seanie but his post was honest and would say any other Cavan poster would agree also.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 06, 2012, 09:47:15 AM
Myles you really seem to have hated Seanie Johnston well before he left. If so, surely you're delighted he's gone. So why all the bitterness?

You hated him, he's gone. Why be vindictive?

I don't agree with the transfer, but it's a lot of hatred over a player that Cavan didn't want.

You reckon?
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=53.7890

squire_in_navy_slacks

I was away there for a while sunning my satchel and took in the meath kildare game in the local tenirife bar.............................very surprised not to see johnson get a run, however when i saw the lad take the field in the kildare club hurling, I was shocked by his physique.........................................soft jowly, almost liam oneil like.......very poor form for inter county standard

Lar Naparka

Quote from: tommysmith on July 06, 2012, 09:51:52 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2012, 05:02:56 PM

Throughout this whole episode its been all about me me me, to hell with Cavan, Cavan supporters, Cavan Gaels or their volunteers and supporters.

Cant argue with that

The pressure will be like a rock tied around his neck and  I have seen how Mr Johnston reacts when the pressure is really on.

If he plays he will be under pressure like never before but nobody here can tell how much pressure someone will feel but he does not react well under pressure or things not going his way

A sly kick at an opposing player, abuse the ref or abuse his own player.

Again all these things happen when things arent going seanies way. so cant argue with that either

Lads we all know that Myles has no time for Seanie but his post was honest and would say any other Cavan poster would agree also.

I'd say there are very few in Cavan who are happy at Seanie's move but they all don't go on and on about it. Myles has said several times already that he is no longer bothered about Seanie since he left Cavan, or words to that effect, but he is showing no sign of letting up and  he has made his point a long time ago.
BTW, I've no problem with Myles blasting away if he wants to; that's his prerogative but Seanie is an amateur who needn't play with any side in the land if he doesn't want to. He can't be forced to play for Cavan and the GAA has accepted that he can play with Kildare if he wants to.
I don't think much of the individuals who were behind the farce in Clane that made him eligible to play for Kildare but I think even less of the way the CCCC went about attempting to block his move.
Neither side has come out of this with any credit but his move is a done deal and it's time for sensible people to move on.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ONeill

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 06, 2012, 11:23:57 AM

I see there is a fake parody twitter account

Feeling dizzy with that one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Donnellys Hollow

Quelle surprise...

KfmSport‏@KfmSport

Seanie Johnston's much anticipated debut is in doubt due to shoulder injury sustained in training this week #kildare #cavan #gaa
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 06, 2012, 11:23:57 AM
Aboy Myles still ranting away... you were right myles there was need deleting my account. :P

Myles you were ranting about Seanie Johnston long before this transfer, you used a few quotes from the Wicklow match in 2010. Lots other occasions after and possiby before that game where you slated Seanie Johnston.

You said you never met him countless times before, but why the hatred? Johnston played with Cavan since he was 15, at u16 level, up until last year when he was 27. He played every year, one summer he went off to the states - who cares, loads of players when  they are students do the same. Almost the entire Cavan u21 panel went to the states last year, cavan could have done with some of them in the championship last year.

I see there is a fake parody twitter account Seanie Johnston, were you the brains behind that aswell Myles?

Don't understand your first line and I'm not on twitter. Hope that helps.

ck

I'd fake an injury too if I was him.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 06, 2012, 12:44:34 PM
My first line should have read there was "no" need deleting my account. Looks like he won't be playing, so your prayers didn't work. I honestly can't believe how you could dislike an individual so much, you don't even know Johnston, just going on hearsay, like a lot of the stuff you posted about him. Anyways Myles your a cavan supporter like myself, move on.

If you dont know by now why he doesnt like him you really shouldnt be tackling him about it.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2012, 09:48:58 PM
Take your heads out of the sand ye pair of ostriches. Go on the cavan thread and you can see what I thought of him after that wicklow game instead of pretending to know.

Anyway, seanie will soon be developing one of his big match injuries as outlined in this report.

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/gaelicfootball/articles/2012/02/15/4009016-seanie-we-hardly-knew-ye--and-now-youre-gone/