Longford v Derry - AIFQ 30 June 2012

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 25, 2012, 01:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

In that Youtube clip did Ciaran Mullolly refer to Meath's Joe Sheridan as Jody Sheridan for the 'goal' at the end? Jody Sheridan from Granard like!

Me ears may be deceiving me.

That was some score by Kavanagh towards the end.

I know it's bollixology showing such small clips but I spose there are other games. If each 'clip' was 15 mins then the Sunday Game would be 3 hours long.

A longer version, without the panel's guff, on a Monday night would be the answer. WTF watches MNS?

Hardy

Billys Boots

I thought Mullooly was from Westmeath, though that may have been wishful thinking.  How would he know who the f*ck Jody Sheridan was?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 03, 2012, 04:12:51 PM
I thought Mullooly was from Westmeath, though that may have been wishful thinking.  How would he know who the f*ck Jody Sheridan was?

He's from Lanesboro, married to a Mullahoran woman.

Half the county knows who Jody Sheridan is.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Qwerty28

Ciaran Mullolly is Irelands Ron Burgundy....stay classy San Diego!  ;D

western exile

I am not sure if this is right thread for this but here it is anyway.
Paddy Bradley complains  :'(

Paddy Bradley has taken aim at the Derry County Board in the wake of the county's All-Ireland SFC exit at the hands of Longford.

Bradley was unable to inspire the Oak Leafers to victory in last Saturday's first round qualifier at Pearse Park, with top scorer Sean McCormack leading the home side to a 0-17 to 2-8 success.

Now the Glenullin ace, Derry's current captain and a former All-Star, says that the County Board need to be doing more to ensure that the best players are lining out for the county team while also suggesting that there was 'penny-pinching' going on.

"Everything is a penny-pinching operation. The physios were called into a meeting recently. They were pulled about players strapping up their wrists because of the cost of the tape," Bradley told the Irish News.

"Don't get me wrong, we get our expenses, our mileage and our gear. We get what is required. But you get the bare minimum. You don't get anything over and beyond.

"I think that is part of the reason why there is such apathy towards playing for the county. The players know that they're not going to be looked after like the Dublins and the Corks of this world."

panc56

Paddy (former great player now of big gut ) needs to realize the the qualifiers are for those under privileged in the GAA world to take one big bite out of a previous All Ireland winners ass!

western exile

This is the bit that I worry about:

"Don't get me wrong, we get our expenses, our mileage and our gear. We get what is required. But you get the bare minimum. You don't get anything over and beyond.
"I think that is part of the reason why there is such apathy towards playing for the county."
Paddy Bradley

What is wrong with playing for the jersey, and your teammates, Paddy? >:(     That is what Longford did, and the result is now history.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: LaurelEye on July 03, 2012, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on July 03, 2012, 04:12:51 PM

He's from Lanesboro, married to a Mullahoran woman.

Half the county knows who Jody Sheridan is.

Ah that explains the grumpier than normal face on him reporting from the homecoming in 2004.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

Aye Croí. Anyone with Longford blood had a puss on them all that week.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 03, 2012, 03:58:21 AM
In that Youtube clip did Ciaran Mullolly refer to Meath's Joe Sheridan as Jody Sheridan for the 'goal' at the end? Jody Sheridan from Granard like!

Watched clips of all the qualifiers last night and that was one of three gaffes by RTE reporters. One referred to David St Ledger of Carlow and another got his Waterfords and Wicklows mixed up.

Increase the licence fee, that's what I say.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: western exile on July 04, 2012, 05:54:16 PM

"I think that is part of the reason why there is such apathy towards playing for the county."
Paddy Bradley

What is wrong with playing for the jersey, and your teammates, Paddy? >:(     That is what Longford did, and the result is now history.

If that's the attitude of one of Derry's most experienced players it's no wonder they are out of the championship.

Real Talk

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 05, 2012, 07:45:06 PM
Quote from: western exile on July 04, 2012, 05:54:16 PM

Paddy Bradley

If that's the attitude of one of Derry's most experienced players it's no wonder they are out of the championship.
When Peter Canavan was appointed captain of the Tyrone team he said " I don't want to be remembered as a great Captain but as Captain of a great team" that the difference between good players and great players and yes I am aware that the quality of your teammates is also very important

Hardy

I often wonder why the Bradleys play football. They don't seem to get much enjoyment out of it.

Rawhide

Its called deflection. You wouldn't believe how many Derry folk fall for it.
cccc is a true supporter lol