TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

nrico2006 again making sure none of need to watch any of these shows by telling us everything that happened on them. ::)

nrico2006

You would swear I am the only one talking about the goings on in a show on this thread.  Instead of wasting the effort of exercising your fingers via typing, why not use the head and avoid reading any posts that are related to a show that you are not up to date with.  Thats what anyone with half a brain would do anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jonah

No,anyone with half a brain would write SPOILER ALERT before they post.
It happens on every other forum I'm on from boards.ie to F365 they all have a spoiler alert notice. I can't understand why idiots like yourself don't use it on here.
You are by far the worst offender.

nrico2006

Quote from: Jonah on December 11, 2013, 02:09:35 PM
No,anyone with half a brain would write SPOILER ALERT before they post.
It happens on every other forum I'm on. I can't understand why idiots like yourself don't use it on here.
You are by far the worst offender.

So if someone starts writing about a series finale (that you have yet to watch), you actually read on through the aforementioned paragraph which ultimately leads to a spoiler?  Do you still get someone to press the wee button at the lights and hold your hand when you are crossing the road?

On another note, up to S3 E6 of Game Of Thrones, unbelievable show.  Expected it to be as dull as LOTR, but different quality altogether.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

jonah's right

Folk near wet themselves to tell the world whats the latest goings on in a show...STOP IT for the love of god !

PS: can you do 'spoiler' content on this site ie you can hide text the reader has to highlight to read? RAWK has it, good job

Bingo

F365 has the spoiler as does boards etc, maybe Ziggy or one of the other mods can look into it.

I was trying to be discreet on my earlier post on it but nrico tells it as he sees it  :)

Re Homeland - it will be good alright to see him pulling this one off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on December 11, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
F365 has the spoiler as does boards etc, maybe Ziggy or one of the other mods can look into it.

I was trying to be discreet on my earlier post on it but nrico tells it as he sees it  :)

Re Homeland - it will be good alright to see him pulling this one off.

Not a spoiler ;D, said to her last night that it's going to be like a scene from the old Flash Gordon shows, Flash falls off a cliff and there's no way he can survive, following week it's a different scene altogether!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Celt_Man

HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!!

SPOLIER ALERT!!

The Mid-Season of The Walking Dead was fecking unbelievable!!! No one or nothing was safe!!

Can't fecking wait till first week of February or so!!  Yawn Governor boyo is nothing but a pup!!  Although those few episodes in the middle made ya warm to him..

Thought Rick was a goner and the last few scenes before they leave the prison yard.... As I said above - HOLY f**k!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Minder

Thought Borgen III was very good, but the smarmy English fella annoyed the f**k out of me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 18, 2013, 12:17:05 AM
HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!!

SPOLIER ALERT!!

The Mid-Season of The Walking Dead was fecking unbelievable!!! No one or nothing was safe!!

Can't fecking wait till first week of February or so!!  Yawn Governor boyo is nothing but a pup!!  Although those few episodes in the middle made ya warm to him..

Thought Rick was a goner and the last few scenes before they leave the prison yard.... As I said above - HOLY f**k!!
+100
Best show on TV.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

Nearly finished season 3 of The Shield. One of best shows I've watched, flat out from the word go. I love Vic and his team, they don't give a f**k.

CD

Quote from: Minder on December 20, 2013, 10:56:53 PM
Thought Borgen III was very good, but the smarmy English fella annoyed the f**k out of me.

It's in their nature
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Main Street

Quote from: Canalman on November 28, 2013, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on November 28, 2013, 09:59:12 AM
Quote from: Canalman on November 28, 2013, 09:36:13 AM
Watched last night the  first couple of episodes of US House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. Excellent so far and on a par with the earlier English version which I also liked.

Dexter S6 so far is enjoyable enough. By right this programme should be dung but it is actually imo very good. Maybe it is Miami summery setting that makes the series.

Dexter is very good and it's hard to understand why - hammy acting, poor characterisation, daft scripts and the annoying background monologue from Dexter.  I've been enthralled since day-one, but Mrs Boots switched off years ago.

Very well put BB. Agree with you totally.
Totally? What about the Julia Styles series then?  Nothing quite matches  the pounding heartbeat of vigilante romance.
Given another series, she would have lovingly chipped chunks of wood from Dexter's character.

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on December 05, 2013, 09:34:53 PM
Quote from: CD on December 04, 2013, 12:54:57 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 03, 2013, 12:26:23 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 17, 2013, 06:56:32 PM
Generation War tonight on RTE2 looks like it could be very good. Got huge ratings when it was shown in Germany earlier in the year. Subtitle warning for those who don't like foreign shows or movies though.

This is definitely worth a watch and only 3 episodes, all of them still on RTÉ player. It is on the BBC in a few weeks.

Mrs CD and I watched the first instalment of this last night - really enjoyed it. Nicely set up now to see what happens to the five key protagonists. I love the fact that they are all essentially flawed and 3/5 have bought into the Nazi propaganda. The show doesn't attempt to excuse or justify - strongly recommended!
I just finished this mini series last night and rated it very highly but the exceptions sadly bring it down to the gutter.
One of the exceptions was so blatant it destroyed any credibility the series had, and that was the portrayal of the Poles resistance (the AK) as rabid anti semites, afflicted with extreme Jewphobia and any Polish farmer in the series was generally a rabid anti semite and a collaberator with the germans. You'd wonder what perception the german filmmakers or germans in generaL  have of the Polish resistance to Nazi german occupation, but this extreme depiction in the series was so deranged it was beyond belief.
It's almost as if, yes the German were bad but the Polish resistance was worse and the Russians were just pure evil.
Compare to those 2, maybe we were not that bad.

It's not that I expect germans to wearing sackcloth and ashes about WW2, but I'd expect a half way rational account of The Polish resistance.
If you keep in mind that this series is also an exercise in crude revisionism, then it's well worth a look.

Does anyone know the date this is being aired on BBC? I'd appreciate a heads up, cheers.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street