Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: ballinaman on February 22, 2016, 09:59:59 PM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on February 22, 2016, 09:38:56 PM
Miami or orlando?
Myself and my mate and 2 women are planning a 2 week holiday-10 days in either orlando or miami then 4/5 days in new york. Cant decide between miami or orlando anyone been to both? Advantanges disadvantages?
Been to both.
Orlando for sure. Much more to do. Theme parks...outlet shopping, bars along international drive.
Miami total let down, beach is nice but nothing compared to West Coast and San Diego.
Miami itself is a kip for the most part and Miami beach is very pricey for what it is.

Going to Iceland for a week at start of November. Anyone been?

Go to Tesco. It's much better.

Sorry. I'll get my etc. Etc.

Tony Baloney

Miami or orlando?
Myself and my mate and 2 women are planning a 2 week holiday-10 days in either orlando or miami then 4/5 days in new york. Cant decide between miami or orlando anyone been to both? Advantanges disadvantages?
Been to both.
Orlando for sure. Much more to do. Theme parks...outlet shopping, bars along international drive.
Miami total let down, beach is nice but nothing compared to West Coast and San Diego.
Miami itself is a kip for the most part and Miami beach is very pricey for what it is.

Fella in work was there before Xmas. Good but VERY pricey and not just for beer.

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 22, 2016, 10:19:53 PM
Miami or orlando?
Been to both.

Fella in work was there before Xmas. Good but VERY pricey and not just for beer.
;D Tony I'll allow it..
Yeah, heard that.

The Iceman

Miami or orlando?
10 days is a long time in either place. I'd do 3 days in Key West and the rest in Orlando then hit NY for the remainder. Miami isn't worth seeing.... you're also only a 45 min flight from the Bahamas
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

FL/MAYO

Quote from: The Iceman on February 23, 2016, 01:46:36 AM
Miami or orlando?
10 days is a long time in either place. I'd do 3 days in Key West and the rest in Orlando then hit NY for the remainder. Miami isn't worth seeing.... you're also only a 45 min flight from the Bahamas

5 days in Orlando, rent a car drive to Miami for 2 nights, then down to Key West for 3 nights. Drive back to Miami then fly to NYC. What time of year?

Mikhailov

Quote from: FL/MAYO on February 23, 2016, 03:19:18 AM
Quote from: The Iceman on February 23, 2016, 01:46:36 AM
Miami or orlando?

5 days in Orlando, rent a car drive to Miami for 2 nights, then down to Key West for 3 nights. Drive back to Miami then fly to NYC. What time of year?

Gonzalo15 - Orlando is the best of the two if you staying 10 days. But be assured if you go to Orlando and do the various theme parks for 10 days, then do NYC for 5 days then you will need a holiday when you get home. That is a strenuous 2 weeks you plan. The parks in Orlando are brilliant but tiring with the heat etc but all of them are really enjoyable. As someone suggested, do Orlando for 1 week, Daytona or Key West for few days even Clearwater (just to chill out for a few days) and then head up to NYC.
If you are going to NYC for the sightseeing then you will be wrecked when you arrive home as it is a superb city with lots to do and on the go 24/7.....

enjoy it - sounds like a great trip.

Gonzalo15

Cheers lads much appreciated!

pullhard

It's that time of the year again. Time to start looking for holidays, now we have a nipper we are thinking of some familiar but slightly different. So I'd after opinions on Corsica, anyone been? Suitable for a little one? What's it like for veggie food?   

nrico2006

Anybody any experience with transport from Ibiza airport?  Was thinking about simply hopping into a taxi but are they a complete rip-off and would it be better to book online in advance?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laceer

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 29, 2016, 11:33:16 AM
Anybody any experience with transport from Ibiza airport?  Was thinking about simply hopping into a taxi but are they a complete rip-off and would it be better to book online in advance?

They're not too expensive. Where are you staying? Ibiza is a pretty small island so a taxi anywhere shouldn't be mad money.

nrico2006

Quote from: laceer on February 29, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 29, 2016, 11:33:16 AM

They're not too expensive. Where are you staying? Ibiza is a pretty small island so a taxi anywhere shouldn't be mad money.

That's what I was thinking.  Going to a place I went two years ago in Es Cana and decided to do it online this time instead of through a travel agents.  As the journey was around 20/30 minutes, I was thinking a taxi should be fine as long as I get the fee confirmed up front at the start. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Clov

Anyone been to Istanbul? Any recommendations? Cheers.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

heffo

Quote from: Clov on March 02, 2016, 12:38:01 PM

Yeah - great city.

Assuming you're going for sight seeing, you want to stay in the SultanAhmet area - this is where most of the sights are.

I've been three times in the last year or so - Four Seasons if you're not on a budget - it overlooks the Bosphorus and is in SultanAhmet.

If you're paying yourself stay here - https://www.hotelsapphire.com/ - it's in the middle of SultanAhmet and a five minute walk to the Blue Mosque (closed Friday), Hagia Sophie, Basillica Cistern and about ten minutes to the Grand Bazaar.

The Galata bridge is the main bridge over the Bosphorus - try and get there for when the sun is setting and you'll get beautiful pictures of the mosques and skyline.

If you want any particular info, pm me - ps, book a taxi in advance to meet you in Arrivals - arriving into that airport is a crazy experience

armaghniac

Quote from: heffo on March 02, 2016, 07:23:03 PM

Yeah - great city.

Assuming you're going for sight seeing, you want to stay in the SultanAhmet area - this is where most of the sights are.

+1 There are a variety of hotels in this area, good value and you can walk to many sights.

Boat trip on the Bosphoros is good, I found the walls of Constantinople impressive.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Clov

Quote from: heffo on March 02, 2016, 07:23:03 PM

Yeah - great city.

I've been three times in the last year or so - Four Seasons if you're not on a budget - it overlooks the Bosphorus and is in SultanAhmet.

If you're paying yourself stay here - https://www.hotelsapphire.com/ - it's in the middle of SultanAhmet and a five minute walk to the Blue Mosque (closed Friday), Hagia Sophie, Basillica Cistern and about ten minutes to the Grand Bazaar.

The Galata bridge is the main bridge over the Bosphorus - try and get there for when the sun is setting and you'll get beautiful pictures of the mosques and skyline.

If you want any particular info, pm me - ps, book a taxi in advance to meet you in Arrivals - arriving into that airport is a crazy experience

Thanks for that Heffo (and Armaghniac),

Stopping over for a few days on a long haul. I was thinking of taking the metro line into the city from the airport (although I do touch down around about 4:30 in the morning, so it mightn't be practical) - would recommend avoiding the metro?
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"