Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

So Allison Morris away to the Belfast Telegraph, obviously she had her price and doesent care about professional credibility going to that rag

Orior

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 06, 2021, 11:12:18 AM
So Allison Morris away to the Belfast Telegraph, obviously she had her price and doesent care about professional credibility going to that rag

That is disappointing news. I am sure Nelson McCausland will give her a warm welcome. Of course Allison has always had her knockers (oh err missus), but Northern Ireland is such a welcoming place for Roman Catholics (sic). Will Allison start writing for her audience instead of what she actually thinks? On the bright side, the bitterest of bitterness Dudley-Edwards found a new home with the Newsletter to continue her relentless rewriting of history i.e. Loyalism good, Nationalism bad.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Godsown

Quote from: trailer on March 05, 2018, 05:12:02 PM
Armagh should've had 1 if not 2 AI's before 2002. Bumpy O'Hagan kicked one into the keepers arms against Kerry when row Z would've done. Cost Armagh an AI that decision.

Oh to be back in the mid 00's. In 2005 there was some titanic battles. The two best teams Ireland had ever seen up to that point. Only Dublin since have eclipsed them.
Seriously deluded. The best teams ever? Best two teams that year possibly but constantly wallowing in that rose tinted guff is nonsensical

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on March 05, 2018, 05:12:02 PM
Armagh should've had 1 if not 2 AI's before 2002. Bumpy O'Hagan kicked one into the keepers arms against Kerry when row Z would've done. Cost Armagh an AI that decision.

Oh to be back in the mid 00's. In 2005 there was some titanic battles. The two best teams Ireland had ever seen up to that point. Only Dublin since have eclipsed them.

Somewhere right now, Pat Spillane is choking on his Coco Pops.

RedHand88

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 05, 2018, 03:18:21 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 05, 2018, 02:46:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2018, 11:51:57 AM
Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2018, 11:34:49 AM
When you think about it Tyrone sorta killed Armagh that day. The applechompers never really won a big game in Croke Park fairly since then....15 years ago.
That is what happens when teams fade into mediocrity, as Tyrone are now learning

We are a long long way off Armagh standard yet.

Probably following a Meath/Sean Boylan model of decline with the same failure to refresh.  Takes a little longer but still inevitable.

Funny that since the exchange, Tyrone have reached an AIF and a semi final. We haven't gone away you know.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 07, 2021, 09:30:50 AM
When you think about it Tyrone sorta killed Armagh that day. The applechompers never really won a big game in Croke Park fairly since then....15 years ago.
That is what happens when teams fade into mediocrity, as Tyrone are now learning

Probably following a Meath/Sean Boylan model of decline with the same failure to refresh.  Takes a little longer but still inevitable.

Funny that since the exchange, Tyrone have reached an AIF and a semi final. We haven't gone away you know.

3 years later and an O'Neill windup is still paying dividends. Some of the more recent wums could learn a lesson
Hasta la victoria siempre

bennydorano

Should be big sales today, double page spread in the sports pages for a board member. Good article.

Rois

Quote from: bennydorano on October 20, 2021, 04:04:12 PM
Should be big sales today, double page spread in the sports pages for a board member. Good article.
I enjoyed it too.  I like those articles. 

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 07, 2021, 10:57:17 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 07, 2021, 09:30:50 AM

3 years later and an O'Neill windup is still paying dividends. Some of the more recent wums could learn a lesson

😂😂😂 this discussion aged well

johnnycool

Quote from: Rois on October 20, 2021, 04:39:56 PM
I enjoyed it too.  I like those articles.

so do I. Always good to hear from the unsung hero's on those types of successful teams.

Fifteen Oisin McConvilles would win SFA.

Orior

Who was it?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RedHand88

Quote from: Orior on October 21, 2021, 06:30:59 PM

Who was it?

Brokencrossbar I'm guessing. He's retiring after 170 years of playing football. ;D

Tony Baloney

I wouldn't want to break any anonymity clauses on the board (its worst kept secret!) but it is available online. I have the link if it was permitted to post it.

Really good article from a sound fella. Loved the other lads landing a few digs  ;D

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 21, 2021, 09:18:40 PM
I wouldn't want to break any anonymity clauses on the board (its worst kept secret!) but it is available online. I have the link if it was permitted to post it.

Really good article from a sound fella. Loved the other lads landing a few digs  ;D

think you're safe enough. He outed himself on the retirements thread. IN article is linked - good craic
Hasta la victoria siempre