America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: trailer on March 23, 2021, 09:44:30 AM
It just sad and sickening that America tolerates this violence.

Its just background noise at this point.

The ammosexuals don't want to yield even an inch and are supremely well organized and motivated politically.

Everyone else has basically given up, just hoping that it never hits them personally.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2021, 11:00:03 AM

The ammosexuals don't want to yield even an inch and are supremely well organized and motivated politically.

Everyone else has basically given up, just hoping that it never hits them personally.

I don't know if it's the case here, but if someone bungles a background check or sells a gun to someone they shouldn't have one, they should face serious jail time

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 23, 2021, 11:28:38 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 23, 2021, 11:00:03 AM

I don't know if it's the case here, but if someone bungles a background check or sells a gun to someone they shouldn't have one, they should face serious jail time

Colorado is a fairly lax state when it comes to gun control. And I'm sure even an extremely progressive city like Boulder is probably very limited in whatever local restrictions they can impose.

J70

Not that it would matter a f**k as the allegedly mentally ill psycho they just identified would have got hold of any guns he wanted a few miles away, but the NRA sued to stop the city of Boulder from banning assault rifles and won in court just last week. Ain't life grand!

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjp7k5/a-court-stopped-boulder-from-banning-assault-weapons-just-days-before-a-deadly-mass-shooting

J70

I wonder how many nuts are out there, waiting for their "moment", now that COVID restrictions are being loosened and people are starting to get out and about again? Has to be a lot of pent-up paranoia and resentment and a lot of arsenals sitting idle, ready to go.

Gabriel_Hurl

Another guy having a bad day or a terrorist?

QuoteAhmad Al Aliwi Alissa

TERRORIST!!!

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 23, 2021, 04:31:15 PM
Another guy having a bad day or a terrorist?

QuoteAhmad Al Aliwi Alissa

TERRORIST!!!

His family say he is mentally ill and antisocial, bullied at high school.

Maybe he found Allah and violent jihad and was pissed at the permissive ultra-liberal residents of Boulder.

Rudi

Another 7 people shot dead in Colorado Springs CO. My favourite state in the US.

Gabriel_Hurl

seafoid

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/10/06/opinion/guns-soul-of-america.amp.html

"The US needs "some sort of synthesis on the larger postindustrial/populism war. Over a century ago industrialisation brought on culture clash between agrarian populist and the genteel Victoria aristocrats.  Theodore Roosevelt transcended the fight by inventing a new kind of American nationalism. Meanwhile the progressives cleaned up elite corruption and nurtured a square deal for those left behind by technological change. Cultural leaders introduced new institutions and community forms like the Boy Scouts and the settlement house that drew from both cultures replaced them.  Today we need another grand synthesis that can move us beyond the current divide, a synthesis that is neither redneck nor hipster but draws from both worlds to create a new social vision progress on guns will be possible when the culture war subsides, not before. "
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 26, 2021, 08:25:36 PM
This happened 5 miles down the road from me this morning

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/san-jose-ca-shooting-05-26-21/index.html

About a mile from us. My wife works for VTA but only visited that facility once a year, so we're all okay. I dropped my daughter off at daycare this morning and the air quality was shite, it was like burning chemicals or something. SJFD was fighting two fires, and they reckon it's related. The shooter burned his house when he set off this morning. He had no intention of coming back. That yard is right next door to the sheriff, the police, and all the weapons stores. This was a kamikaze mission.

dec

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/oakland-county-michigan-high-school-shooting-11-30-21/index.html

"A 15-year-old male sophomore was arrested in connection with Tuesday's shooting at Oxford High School, Oakland County Undersheriff Michael McCabe said Tuesday."

"The three students killed at the shooting at Oxford High School in Michigan on Tuesday are a 16 year-old male, a 14 year-old female and a 17-year-old female, according to Michael McCabe, Oakland County Undersheriff. Another eight people were injured and transported to three nearby hospitals. "...

Rossfan

Silence from a few usual suspects..   ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70