Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 29, 2020, 10:26:42 AM
Dubois is a quitter, that cant be changed. He was never dragged out of his comfort zone until tonight and he couldn't hack it.  Similar to Joshua, with doubts still remaining over whether he is the same fighter as he was before losing to Ruiz. 

The scorecards were actually shocking.  I had Joyce ahead yet won of the judges had Dubois winning most rounds.

Roberto Durán says hi.

Dubois ain't no Roberto Durán though.

screenexile

Dubois is a quitter, that cant be changed. He was never dragged out of his comfort zone until tonight and he couldn't hack it.  Similar to Joshua, with doubts still remaining over whether he is the same fighter as he was before losing to Ruiz. 

The scorecards were actually shocking.  I had Joyce ahead yet won of the judges had Dubois winning most rounds.

There really wasn't much in it but Dubois had more power punches.

Yes Joyce jabbed the head off him and he caught the eye flush and kept picking it off but he wasn't dominating  the whole fight I could see how Dubois was ahead.

Apparently he's got a broken eye socket and some nerve damage. Worrying the way he left the fight but he has time to rectify it and come back.

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on November 29, 2020, 11:43:39 PM

Yes Joyce jabbed the head off him and he caught the eye flush and kept picking it off but he wasn't dominating  the whole fight I could see how Dubois was ahead.

Apparently he's got a broken eye socket and some nerve damage. Worrying the way he left the fight but he has time to rectify it and come back.

Exactly, there wasn't much in it hence why that one scorecard is shocking, no way that Dubois won most of the rounds.  As for Dubois going forward, the one thing that is hard to change is your ability to keep going when its getting tough.  He had it all his own way so far and was never hurt etc, but come his first experience with being hurt he quits on his knee.  Once a quitter always a quitter.  His aura wont be the same either, opponents will be sencouraged as they know that he can be broke.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2020, 08:23:39 AM

Exactly, there wasn't much in it hence why that one scorecard is shocking, no way that Dubois won most of the rounds.  As for Dubois going forward, the one thing that is hard to change is your ability to keep going when its getting tough.  He had it all his own way so far and was never hurt etc, but come his first experience with being hurt he quits on his knee.  Once a quitter always a quitter.  His aura wont be the same either, opponents will be sencouraged as they know that he can be broke.

This simply isn't true. Durán. Vitali Klitschko. Erik Morales. Miguel Cotto. All of them came back after fight in which they quit.

Anyone sitting on the sidelines giving a guy with a fractured eye socket grief for not wanting to fight on needs to have a word with themselves.

glens73

Quote from: gallsman on November 30, 2020, 11:46:39 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 30, 2020, 08:23:39 AM

This simply isn't true. Durán. Vitali Klitschko. Erik Morales. Miguel Cotto. All of them came back after fight in which they quit.

Anyone sitting on the sidelines giving a guy with a fractured eye socket grief for not wanting to fight on needs to have a word with themselves.

100% agree, look at Kell Brook - both his eye sockets fractured and has effectively ended his career.

GiveItToTheShooters

He's a quitter. End of.
Should be doing dancing or something, boxing isnt for him.

Seaney

Wouldn't normally but ponied up 25 quid for fight tonight, hopefully its entertaining.

Boycey

People still pay for stuff like this  :o

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Looking forward to it. Be interesting to see if Joshua is the same fighter he was before the defeat.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: ONeill on December 12, 2020, 09:06:17 PM
Somebody has to.

Is right in fairness  ;D

I'll qualify it by saying I'm astonished that people who frequent somewhere like this is still paying!!

general

Fool.getyourself iptv.

Can see Pulev taking aj here

RedHand88

Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2020, 08:58:56 PM

All they are getting is a scrambled intermittent picture by the sounds of twitter!

Seaney

Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2020, 08:58:56 PM

Cause there is so much more on offer currently.

nrico2006

Pulev could win, but you would expect Joshua to win if he can show he is the old AJ. Also, Pulev isn't a big puncher and it will be interesting to see if Pulev can take AJs power.