Dogs

Started by pearses, October 25, 2007, 05:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

That last picture reminds me of a corner back i used to play with, a vague interest in the ball but not enough to do anything about it...

Main Street

Quote from: Lisa on July 27, 2018, 12:52:11 PM
enjoy the new pup. I have three boxers best breed about
A good breed, but the best breed?  You've never had a Border Collie then? Einstein in the body of Usain Bolt.

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on July 27, 2018, 10:34:26 PM
A good breed, but the best breed?  You've never had a Border Collie then? Einstein in the body of Usain Bolt.

I'd a dog once that had the physique of Stephen Nolan and the intellect of Sammy Wilson.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2018, 11:23:42 PM

I'd a dog once that had the physique of Stephen Nolan and the intellect of Sammy Wilson.
Whilst I am not exaggerating in the least, I suspect you are, or else the adage applies, 'it's not the dog,  its the stupid owner' :)

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on July 28, 2018, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2018, 11:23:42 PM

Whilst I am not exaggerating in the least, I suspect you are, or else the adage applies, 'it's not the dog,  its the stupid owner' :)

Well he wasn't as big as Stephen Nolan, but we didn't get him young enough or something and he was thick as a plank.
We had another Irish Water Spaniel that wasn't trained young enough and he was a complete Rulya, although as intelligent as Stephen Hawking. We eventually had to give him to a cousin on a farm in Culloville who had more space and he settled down fine in middle age, as we all do.

Milltown Row2

LOCKDOWN LETTER FROM YOUR DOG

Dear hoomans

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks you have been staying in my home for extended periods of time. It is lovely having you here but I feel I should set a few ground rules. I would appreciate it if you would follow the rules whilst you are staying with me.

1. When you do pop out you will need to take me with you.

2. You seem to be eating lots of nice goodies whilst lazing about the house. I am entitled to a share of these. I won't make a fuss I will just sit in front of you and quietly stare at you until I get my quota.

3. Don't call me for another bath, I am clean now. Just because you are bored doesn't mean I need a wash or haircut. I suggest you go clean the metal box on wheels outside again. Daddy human has done that a few times now even though it hasn't moved in weeks.

4. As you are here constantly at the moment, it is your duty to let me out as often as I require. That means that even if I have just come in and want to go out again you should let me. Sometimes I miss a spot whilst sniffing about and I need to recheck.

5. When I am asleep, leave me sleeping, this isn't a cue for the little humans to play with me. I can also sleep where I like, I don't expect to be woken so you can move me.

6. Do not shhhh me when I am barking. As you are here more, my job of protecting you has increased. I have to listen out for every little noise and inform you of it in case it's a threat.

7. Don't leave a room without me, I know how sneaky you guys can be. Just the other day I am sure I heard a crisp packet being opened upstairs and no one called me to share. So from now on I will be following you about.

8. This is a very important rule. If it lands on the floor it's MINE, if it's in my mouth it's MINE.

9. You will never pee alone again, you watch me pee so I do not understand why you shut me out and close the loo door when you pee.

10. If you do not follow these rules I will use SAD PUPPY DOG EYES TO GET WHAT I WANT !🐶
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2020, 05:52:39 PM
3. Don't call me for another bath, I am clean now. Just because you are bored doesn't mean I need a wash or haircut. I suggest you go clean the metal box on wheels outside again. Daddy human has done that a few times now even though it hasn't moved in weeks.

and some of you humans could do with a haircut too.

BennyCake

Dogs in your house? Jaysus you are all living like dirty pigs.

Orior

Are dogs banned from every gaelic pitch across Ireland, or is it a club decision?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JohnDenver

Quote from: Orior on April 16, 2020, 11:19:40 AM
Are dogs banned from every gaelic pitch across Ireland, or is it a club decision?

I would imagine it's a club decision. I think a lot ban them (unless guide dogs) due to the risk of dog poo and youngsters being in contact with it and potential harm.

LCohen

The local park is full of dogs running around off the leash. The dog owners routinely turn up with those ball throwing thingies. All the local enclosed parks are covered with signs that say all dogs have to kept on a lead and separately that no dogs are allowed on the marked grass pitches. Both these fairly clear rules are completely ignored. What is wrong with people? Do they not read signs, can't read signs or just think that they are above the rules?

Milltown Row2

Some parks have signs up saying things like, use leads if dogs can't be controlled, others are very specific and leads must be used.

You can't get it off a dog unless you stroke a dog that's got it on it's fur.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

I never seen a dog being walked until a few years ago. Never seen a dog living indoors either.

OK magazine and celebrity TV definitely turning the country mad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 16, 2020, 02:03:08 PM
I never seen a dog being walked until a few years ago. Never seen a dog living indoors either.

During the winter months, dogs stay outside? If you've room indoors and it doesn't affect your life then no problems.

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on April 16, 2020, 02:03:08 PM

A dog living indoors?

As long as I can remember have seen dogs living in houses