Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Ticket demand huge amongst the clubs, it seems. Was chatting to our ticket man earlier and he said previous highest request was 250 tickets for Kerry semi in 2015, ticket request for this match is 340!

Whishtup

Was disappointed that dublin retreated en masse in the second half against Monaghan. They also finished really poorly. Even Brogan,  worshipped by the crowd when he came on, was watery. 
The only thing that has set Tyrone apart from Dublin this year has been their barnstorming finishes to games.  This makes me think that if Tyrone are near enough at around 50 minutes (this is the hard bit), they will pull away.   If Dublin break away in the first ten minutes, it's a training exercise and the blue ribbons can be tied on.

JoG2

Quote from: Whishtup on August 21, 2017, 09:55:37 PM
Was disappointed that dublin retreated en masse in the second half against Monaghan. They also finished really poorly. Even Brogan,  worshipped by the crowd when he came on, was watery. 
The only thing that has set Tyrone apart from Dublin this year has been their barnstorming finishes to games.  This makes me think that if Tyrone are near enough at around 50 minutes (this is the hard bit), they will pull away.   If Dublin break away in the first ten minutes, it's a training exercise and the blue ribbons can be tied on.

They won at a canter, took off McCarthy, Kilkenny, Cooper etc with plenty of time left. IF a barnstorming finish was required, I'm sure they would have managed it

Dublin by 8

Redhand Santa

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 21, 2017, 07:28:14 PM
Ticket demand huge amongst the clubs, it seems. Was chatting to our ticket man earlier and he said previous highest request was 250 tickets for Kerry semi in 2015, ticket request for this match is 340!

Is that omagh or loughmacrory? Seems to be lot of interest around the county alright, great to see.

Rossfan

Have Tyrone any smidgeon of hope at all?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2017, 11:03:59 PM

We'll win the U17s then worry about the seniors after that.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 21, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

Is that omagh or loughmacrory? Seems to be lot of interest around the county alright, great to see.

The Lough. Can't see any tickets being released on general sale.

Rossfan

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 21, 2017, 11:12:44 PM

Ahhhhh sure Ros are very poor as usual. We obviously got soft oul draws against weak teams.....
I wonder will we have to apologise for daring to intrude in an All Ireland Final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2017, 11:36:21 PM

Ahhhhh sure Ros are very poor as usual. We obviously got soft oul draws against weak teams.....
I wonder will we have to apologise for daring to intrude in an All Ireland Final.

No need to apologise but ffs, if you lose, try not to whinge as much as yous did after the U21 semi final a few years ago. That was a bit embarrassing.
That was never a square ball!!

Whishtup

Quote from: JoG2 on August 21, 2017, 10:01:35 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 21, 2017, 09:55:37 PM

They won at a canter, took off McCarthy, Kilkenny, Cooper etc with plenty of time left. IF a barnstorming finish was required, I'm sure they would have managed it

Dublin by 8

What does this say about the strength of the squad?  Tyrone seem to step up a gear when the subs come on.  12 wides would be a concern for Dublin

omaghjoe

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2017, 11:36:21 PM

Not to us but probably to your collective self esteem for even entertaining that notion.

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 21, 2017, 11:14:36 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 21, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

The Lough. Can't see any tickets being released on general sale.

340 for loughmacrory? That's incredible. Every member must have a request in.

larryin89

Quick question about connolly and suspension. I cant get my head around at all, I read an article before the championship started ,it was about how the lovely diarmuid would be well advised to take a black card early rounds as he was a card away from.suspension, now im told this accumulated black cards rule has changed , has it really changed or is connolly still one black away from a game suspension.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Gael85

Quote from: larryin89 on August 22, 2017, 09:30:56 AM
Quick question about connolly and suspension. I cant get my head around at all, I read an article before the championship started ,it was about how the lovely diarmuid would be well advised to take a black card early rounds as he was a card away from.suspension, now im told this accumulated black cards rule has changed , has it really changed or is connolly still one black away from a game suspension.

The accumulated black card doesn't include suspension for a All Ireland final which is a farce. If he gets another black card I think he would have appealed the one in Monaghan as wasn't black card offence.