Clare v Mayo Round 3A Qualifier

Started by From the Bunker, July 03, 2017, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Hopefully action is taken against the Mayo players who stepped out of line yesterday.

Harrison must be training with Conor Mc Gregor these days

saffronandblue

Ya have to feel sorry for the poor auld Dubs.....God love them....

Ballaghman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 09, 2017, 11:14:22 PM
Hopefully action is taken against the Mayo players who stepped out of line yesterday.

Good man mossie, nice try! 😂 we'll see if he analyses dublins thuggery to the same degree

dublin7

Quote from: Ballaghman on July 09, 2017, 11:23:51 PM

Good man mossie, nice try! 😂 we'll see if he analyses dublins thuggery to the same degree

If you don't see a problem with someone being driven in to the ground like that then there is something seriously wrong with you. That sort of tackle would get you a red card on rugby. I'm just thankful it wasn't Connolly or this message board would explode

criostlinn

Don't have the cuteness of the Kerry men. Mossy should have had a few notes. Let us know the offence and the punishment and leave the cccc with no choice but to look at it.

Maybe Indiana can start a social media campaign to get Harrison suspended. It has to be at least 12 weeks because you know, Dermo only touched a ref and what Harrison did was way worse. And Cillian O'Connor. Give that bollix 6 months. Did ya see what he bleeedin did to that clare fella. Well I didnt quite see it but the Sunday game were zooming in on it so it must be bad.

Come on hill16 army and All Dublin GAA Fans, lets get this trending. Call out to all the true blue dublin fans who feel Dermo was wronged and if the GAA ignore this its another example of the GAA bias against the Dubs.

Jinxy

In fairness, what Harrison did was incredibly dangerous.
There's a reason that's a straight red in rugby.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Throw ball

Before I start in will say I only saw this game on Sunday Game as I was travelling to Mullingar when it was on.

It annoys the hell out of me that the retaliation is considered worse than the instigation. In my opinion Of ' Connor would not have reacted if the Clare players had not have been at him. They deserve more grief.
The Harrison incident had similar undertones in that his opponent was trying to rile him. His reaction was very dangerous though. I would have sent both off and let Croke Park decide the punishment.

INDIANA

Quote from: criostlinn on July 09, 2017, 11:39:36 PM

Don't have the cuteness of the Kerry men. Mossy should have had a few notes. Let us know the offence and the punishment and leave the cccc with no choice but to look at it.

Maybe Indiana can start a social media campaign to get Harrison suspended. It has to be at least 12 weeks because you know, Dermo only touched a ref and what Harrison did was way worse. And Cillian O'Connor. Give that bollix 6 months. Did ya see what he bleeedin did to that clare fella. Well I didnt quite see it but the Sunday game were zooming in on it so it must be bad.

Come on hill16 army and All Dublin GAA Fans, lets get this trending. Call out to all the true blue dublin fans who feel Dermo was wronged and if the GAA ignore this its another example of the GAA bias against the Dubs.

Let's hope you don't train anyone that you think a dangerous UFC charge into the ground is an acceptable action on a GAA pitch . You're a bit of a joke I'm afraid . That could have broken the Clare's players neck. Only in the GAA with incompetent officials would that not be a red card

Owenmoresider

Quote from: ashman on July 09, 2017, 10:50:01 PM
The last year Kilkenny didn't play in croke park Mayo won the All Ireland .
Did they win in it 2013?

Taylor

Anyone have a link or a GIF od the Harrison incident?

It cant have been that bad?

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Gael85

Farrandeelin

Wasn't at the game as Coldplay concert tickets were got ages ago. Missed the first 20 minutes of it. Mayo must have been in bother at that stage. They slowly found their mojo afterwards. I thought it was harsh on Clare based on what I had seen that Mayo were only 2 points down at half time. Kudos to the players though, they definitely raised their game in the second half. I felt after the first goal went in that Mayo were always going to push on. The second one put the game to bed altogether then.

Harrison was stupid at best. He was as Ballaghman wrestled in a headlock, but he should have gone to ground to ensure the Clare player came out looking the worst in it. Easy for me to say such a statement says you.

Regards motm, I would have given it to Kevin McLoughlin. Thought he played at his best. AOS however was excellent too. On we go to the next game against Cork. I'm always wary when Mayo play them. Hope it's in Ennis again as it's a good hunting ground for Mayo teams.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Taylor

Quote from: Gael85 on July 10, 2017, 09:38:19 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 10, 2017, 08:27:25 AM
Anyone have a link or a GIF od the Harrison incident?

It cant have been that bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgv135Ee9Vc

Cheers.

I stand corrected. Incredibly stupid & dangerous in equal measures

highorlow

Credit to the team on Saturday. It was a sweltering day and a match that could have gotten away from us akin to Galway yesterday but the lads stood up to the challenge and made it comfortable in the end.

One pundit said that it was likely a plan to play in 2nd gear for the first half as a "rope a dope" strategy, risky but it paid off and fair play to the management if this was the plan. The black card and the ease of the first point I think may have caused lethargy also, who knows.

Management learned from the Kerry v Clare match when Clare ran out of steam. The whole team played well, including the subs. Loftus was impressive on the ball.

I've been critical of SR this year but it appears that the plan in these games is long ball for 1st half and a running game for 2nd half. The long ball still doesn't work too well but it improved a bit the last day. Gooch is correct last night we need AOS in a more forward role.

I'm more confident now than a few weeks ago and we should have the beating of a poor Cork team.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go