We need to talk about Diarmuid

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 14, 2017, 08:17:19 AM
Quote from: mup on November 13, 2017, 06:20:44 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on November 13, 2017, 02:21:11 PM
Its one man against the world it seems. No logic to anyone argument.

There is no moderator on this site, thread should be closed.

There was none either when you called posters ignorant fools or words to that effect. So stop throwing your toys out of the pram when people hold a different opinion to you.

Yeah I stand by it too, there is a cabal of posters with a narrative on this site, it needs balance, unlike McGeaney 100K a year finding its way onto the Kildare balance sheet. You get me..

All you need to do is look at the Joe brolly thread to see what type of posters are on here...

Well I'm sure Jim Gavin's 150k is hidden behind one of your many sponsorship deals.

You get me?

TheGreatest

Quote from: mup on November 14, 2017, 08:38:43 AM

There was none either when you called posters ignorant fools or words to that effect. So stop throwing your toys out of the pram when people hold a different opinion to you.

Yeah I stand by it too, there is a cabal of posters with a narrative on this site, it needs balance, unlike McGeaney 100K a year finding its way onto the Kildare balance sheet. You get me..

All you need to do is look at the Joe brolly thread to see what type of posters are on here...

Well I'm sure Jim Gavin's 150k is hidden behind one of your many sponsorship deals.

You get me?

cheap.

As everyone is aware, He doesn't take a penny, ask him yourself next time you see him, its well known in circles if you took your head out of the sand once in awhile.

mup

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 14, 2017, 08:55:39 AM

You get me?

cheap.

As everyone is aware, He doesn't take a penny, ask him yourself next time you see him, its well known in circles if you took your head out of the sand once in awhile.

Can you prove that?

And while you are at it can you send me a link to where it states that McGeeney was on 100k a year.

Don't disappear now.

tonto1888

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 13, 2017, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 13, 2017, 06:52:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2017, 05:34:25 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 13, 2017, 05:18:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2017, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on November 13, 2017, 04:55:53 PM
Reports were that Connolly was unlikely to play v Rathnew as he was carrying an injury. In fairness he always seems to tog for the club in football and hurling and gives of his best. The greatest players have had poor games. Give the lad a break. On his day he has been among the best I've seen.

The personalisation of inter-county rivalry through demeaning comments about players, which is often based on gossip and inuendo etc is childish. I don't know Diarmuid Connolly but I'm happy to believe that, while he may have been involved in a stupid drink fuelled incident, he is still a decent lad who made a mistake. I take my cue from Leeroy Keegan who is happy to shake his hand and leave what happens on the field on the field. What happens off the field should be adjudicated properly in the courts of justice and not in the court of public prejudice.

But he isn't.

in your opinion and its only ever gonna be an opinion whether he is or isnt

There's a difference between saying Colm Cavanagh is the best player of a generation and saying Gooch is. All opinions are not created equally.

Connolly's claim has be been more than exposed in the last two or three years when he should have been at his peak.

Yet everyone is entitle to heir iplayer noon as valid you as you or I may or may not think they are true
I think your spellchecker is suffering from a massive hangover. ;D

just noticed that, I have no idea what was going on there  ;D ;D ;D

OgraAnDun

What has that got to do with Diarmuid Connolly?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 14, 2017, 10:40:49 AM

What has that got to do with Diarmuid Connolly?

Everything is my fault! - D Connolly

JoG2

There's certain players that you really look forward to seeing in the flesh, players that are exciting and can near win a game on their own, or at least lift their team and drive them on,  the likes of Stevie O'Neill, Henry Shefflin, Gooch, Tohill etc. I'd have Connolly in there too. An extremely gifted footballer, a pleasure to watch in action. Each to their own though

mrhardyannual

Quote from: JoG2 on November 14, 2017, 01:52:46 PM
There's certain players that you really look forward to seeing in the flesh, players that are exciting and can near win a game on their own, or at least lift their team and drive them on,  the likes of Stevie O'Neill, Henry Shefflin, Gooch, Tohill etc. I'd have Connolly in there too. An extremely gifted footballer, a pleasure to watch in action. Each to their own though
A voice of reason. I too enjoy watching Connolly play. On his day I would say again that he is among the best I've seen. I don't say the greatest as I think I've seen better but to make comparisons across a single decade or generation let alone over 50 years is at best difficult and quite possibly a fools errand. Each to their own as you say. 

Jinxy

Quote from: mup on November 14, 2017, 09:11:41 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on November 14, 2017, 08:55:39 AM

You get me?

cheap.

Can you prove that?

And while you are at it can you send me a link to where it states that McGeeney was on 100k a year.

Don't disappear now.

Surely the onus is on you to prove he is being paid 150k.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Denis Bastick announced he's hanging up his intercounty boots. I know it's not about Connolly but there's no other place for it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 15, 2017, 09:45:52 PM
Denis Bastick announced he's hanging up his intercounty boots. I know it's not about Connolly but there's no other place for it.

Amazing he hung on this long.

He wrung a decent career out of a limited skill-set.

Bart McQueen

Quote from: Syferus on November 15, 2017, 09:53:35 PM

He wrung a decent career out of limited skill-set.

does your dick get hard thinking about the dubs? Save your horn for the boyfriend  :-* :-*

Syferus

Quote from: Bart McQueen on November 15, 2017, 10:05:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 15, 2017, 09:53:35 PM

He wrung a decent career out of limited skill-set.

does your dick get hard thinking about the dubs? Save your horn for the boyfriend  :-* :-*

The fact you think being gay is an insult says enough to bury you without me adding any more gravel.

WUM accounts like the above are what should be cleared out from this site.

Gael85

A unsung hero. Didn't play much in recent years but made big contributions in 2011 & 2013.

rrhf

A general who served on the frontline in the battle of Omagh.