Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

He usually has his finger on the pulse.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on March 29, 2018, 10:47:15 AM
He usually has his finger on the pulse.

He sure does.

Really miss him on the Sunday game, If I remember correctly, he was always good for one or two clangers.

larryin89

Loathe the man at times but no denying he is one of the best I have ever seen. Be a pity for the game if hes gone . There are strong rumours flying about . Plus both b flynn and vinnie Murphy adding a bit of weight to rumours.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

manfromdelmonte

he should transfer to longford or westmeath

see what county football is really like

Tubberman

Quote from: larryin89 on March 29, 2018, 08:16:36 PM
Loathe the man at times but no denying he is one of the best I have ever seen. Be a pity for the game if hes gone . There are strong rumours flying about . Plus both b flynn and vinnie Murphy adding a bit of weight to rumours.

Vinnie Murphy adds a lot of weight in fairness
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

larryin89

Quote from: Tubberman on March 29, 2018, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 29, 2018, 08:16:36 PM

Vinnie Murphy adds a lot of weight in fairness

Haha
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Dunno what Flynn or Murphy are saying about Connolly not playing at the present time but, for what it's worth, I think Jim Gavin is not prepared to field anyone who is likely to lose the rag and get sent off.
I mean if Connolly went berserk over a trivial incident in a game that was already won, what was he likely to do next time Lee Keegan sets to work on him?  ;D
Personally, Diarmuid is the best all round player I have seen but all the class in the world counts for nothing if he has to plant his arse on the bench in a game where the stakes are high.
In a nutshell, Jim rared up and effed him out it and Connolly has a prolonged dose of the sulks.
Two obstinate men and it's a case of not having two bulls in the one field. Only one can be boss and I think Gavin feels he can manage without a man with a notoriously short fuse who cannot be guaranteed not to lose the rag in an important game. The risk outweighs any possible advantage.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 29, 2018, 11:13:31 PM
Dunno what Flynn or Murphy are saying about Connolly not playing at the present time but, for what it's worth, I think Jim Gavin is not prepared to field anyone who is likely to lose the rag and get sent off.
I mean if Connolly went berserk over a trivial incident in a game that was already won, what was he likely to do next time Lee Keegan sets to work on him?  ;D
Personally, Diarmuid is the best all round player I have seen but all the class in the world counts for nothing if he has to plant his arse on the bench in a game where the stakes are high.
In a nutshell, Jim rared up and effed him out it and Connolly has a prolonged dose of the sulks.
Two obstinate men and it's a case of not having two bulls in the one field. Only one can be boss and I think Gavin feels he can manage without a man with a notoriously short fuse who cannot be guaranteed not to lose the rag in an important game. The risk outweighs any possible advantage.

He's not even the best Diarmuid playing in the game now Lar, nevermind the best player overall..

fearbrags

FFS  Diarmuid O'Connor isnt  even close to being as good a footballer as  Diarmuid  Connolly  ;)

Owenmoresider

Seemingly Connolly didn't line out with Vincents in their opening championship game this evening.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Owenmoresider on April 12, 2018, 11:25:51 PM
Seemingly Connolly didn't line out with Vincents in their opening championship game this evening.

Named 11 in programme but did not tog apparently.

Jinxy

I find all the media speculation about this a bit unseemly.
If he's not even playing for Vincents, and he's not injured, chances are there is something going on his personal life that is of more pressing concern at the moment.
Leave the man alone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on April 13, 2018, 10:59:20 AM
If he's not even playing for Vincents, and he's not injured, chances are there is something going on his personal life that is of more pressing concern at the moment.
Leave the man alone.

Or else he's just not interested in football any more. Given the treatment he gets for club and county, it wouldn't be surprising.

It's natural that people would be curious though, given his profile. I hope there's nothing going on behind the scenes and it's just a lad needing a break.

lenny

Leave the man alone.

He's probably very disillusioned with the game given the way he was treated so unfairly last year. Nobody is going to tell me what he did was any worse than what andy moran did a few weeks ago and yet there was no massive outcry for moran to get a 3 month ban. To be fair I don't think what either player did merited such a significant ban but the whole disciplinary process needs to be looked at so that punishments are fair and equally applied. For such minor interference with officials a one game ban would probably suffice.

mup

Quote from: lenny on April 13, 2018, 11:24:12 AM
Leave the man alone.

He's probably very disillusioned with the game given the way he was treated so unfairly last year. Nobody is going to tell me what he did was any worse than what andy moran did a few weeks ago and yet there was no massive outcry for moran to get a 3 month ban. To be fair I don't think what either player did merited such a significant ban but the whole disciplinary process needs to be looked at so that punishments are fair and equally applied. For such minor interference with officials a one game ban would probably suffice.

Personally I think he's a nasty and sneaky player. Wonderfully talented ok but that doesn't excuse his carry on.